13 (39.4%)
Smif n Wessun - Dah Shinin
4 (12.1%)
I cant choose
3 (9.1%)
I have never heard either one b/c I suck at life
13 (39.4%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: Two classic albums I never see any of you lames talk about.  (Read 659 times)

MIAMI4LIFE

Re: Two classic albums I never see any of you lames talk about.
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2007, 11:10:42 PM »
Is Heltah Skeltah affiliated with these groups I remember they had this dope cut Leflaur Leflah Eshkosha, and i'm almost positive Buckshot is too, these albums probably came out around 93-95 when I first got into rap

mrceo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • More Greens Than The Jolly Green Giant
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2007, 01:38:35 AM »
besides the tracks with 2pac i never listened to them really. what album should i get?
  the last stand- boot camp click
enta da stage - blackmoon
nocturnal- heltah skeltah
da shinin - smiff & wessun
buckshot & 9th wonder - chemistry
sean price - monkey barz
a choosen few - boot camp click
warzone - blackmoon
total eclipse - blackmoon
reloaded - smiff & wessun

anyone of those albums are bangin underground NY shit

Doggy you are on point, i'm in my BCC stage right now, damn they are the shit, co-sign

herpes

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2007, 01:46:19 AM »
Is Heltah Skeltah affiliated with these groups I remember they had this dope cut Leflaur Leflah Eshkosha, and i'm almost positive Buckshot is too, these albums probably came out around 93-95 when I first got into rap

yea heltah skeltah is part of bootcamp clik.  As is buckshot, he is in the group black moon.  And the two albums i mentioned came out in 93  and 95.  I think the heltah skeltah one dropped in 96

mrceo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • More Greens Than The Jolly Green Giant
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2007, 02:00:25 AM »
Yo, Buckshot is the best in the BCC no doubt, hands down, he spit hot shit on "Chemistry", and he will spit even hotter shit on "The Formula" (the new CD with 9th Wonder).  Sean Price holds it down fa sho, and his partner Rock (from Heltah Skeltah) held it down on "The Last Stand".  A new BCC album would be groundbreaking for NY Hip Hop.

Elevz

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2007, 05:29:35 AM »
I'm from NY and I can honestly say I have never heard about these 2 albums, maybe they are some backpacker type shit which I was never into, imma ask some of my homies about these 2 groups...

You're calling the BCC some backpacker shit now? :D

they are tho, BCC is what original backpackers were b4 being a backpacker was associated with being white and listenin to slug and atmosphere an what not.  Hell even Wu-Tang and Redman were considered backpacker music.

Now that you've mentioned it, I guess you're right. Hip-Hop has changed, so have the 'backpackers'. My mind is just stuck, thinking of modern day backpackers, listening to Atmosphere and Murs, but you're right about what it used to be like.

+1 insight :)

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2007, 09:01:11 AM »
Erick Sermon, MC Serch, and Method Man all rockin backpacks:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HzM8j4E_uZo&amp;mode=related&amp;search=" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/HzM8j4E_uZo&amp;mode=related&amp;search=</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/UKoe8jvQdnA&amp;mode=related&amp;search=" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/UKoe8jvQdnA&amp;mode=related&amp;search=</a>

Noreaga57

• Lil Geezy
  • N.o.r.e.
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2007, 09:30:06 AM »
black moon :) i bumped ack like u want it a week or two on repeat :)
The invincible, untouchable, CNN

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2007, 10:06:28 AM »
I'm not a Boot Camp Clik fan and I know a real lil about them but my niggas are huge fans of them so I hear bout them like everyday and so anyways, some odd weeks ago they gave me a tape of Smith N Wessun's Dah Shinin'. What a fuckin' coincidence that it's in a poll on dubcc aroun' this time. Anyways I don't know how the FUCK I was sleepin' on them. They gave me some other Boot Camp Clik shit to check but I wasn't feeling it. Smith N Wessun is what stood out. They is crazy.

Dah Shinin' gotta be one of the biggest albums I never heard about and ever sleep on. 'Stand Strong', ' Wrekonize', 'Timz N Hood Chek' all tight tracks. And there's more. All in all, it ain't really my style but hell it's fuckin' tight! Actually they all ain't bad records but I'm assuming it's becuz they are new to me and I have no expections on them.

Great Shit.

Another track I like by Smith N Wessun is featured wit Mary J. Shit I forgot the name of it again. But that track is fuckin' insane too! Was it on an album?

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2007, 10:38:40 AM »
Just to add that the remix of 'Wrekonize' with the 'Just The Two of Us' sample is also definitely worth checking out, very dope.

herpes

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2007, 11:16:07 AM »
I'm not a Boot Camp Clik fan and I know a real lil about them but my niggas are huge fans of them so I hear bout them like everyday and so anyways, some odd weeks ago they gave me a tape of Smith N Wessun's Dah Shinin'. What a fuckin' coincidence that it's in a poll on dubcc aroun' this time. Anyways I don't know how the FUCK I was sleepin' on them. They gave me some other Boot Camp Clik shit to check but I wasn't feeling it. Smith N Wessun is what stood out. They is crazy.

Dah Shinin' gotta be one of the biggest albums I never heard about and ever sleep on. 'Stand Strong', ' Wrekonize', 'Timz N Hood Chek' all tight tracks. And there's more. All in all, it ain't really my style but hell it's fuckin' tight! Actually they all ain't bad records but I'm assuming it's becuz they are new to me and I have no expections on them.

Great Shit.

Another track I like by Smith N Wessun is featured wit Mary J. Shit I forgot the name of it again. But that track is fuckin' insane too! Was it on an album?

Mary J Blige featuring smiff n wessun - I love you remix, thats a classic track.

herpes

« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2007, 11:16:41 AM »
too be honest im a lil surprised to see black moon running away with the poll.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2007, 11:29:08 AM »

Great Shit.

Mary J Blige featuring smiff n wessun - I love you remix, thats a classic track.
Thank you.

Shit, I knew I was spelling Smiff N Wessun wrong.

herpes

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2007, 11:38:39 AM »
I'm from NY and I can honestly say I have never heard about these 2 albums, maybe they are some backpacker type shit which I was never into, imma ask some of my homies about these 2 groups...

You're calling the BCC some backpacker shit now? :D

they are tho, BCC is what original backpackers were b4 being a backpacker was associated with being white and listenin to slug and atmosphere an what not.  Hell even Wu-Tang and Redman were considered backpacker music.

Now that you've mentioned it, I guess you're right. Hip-Hop has changed, so have the 'backpackers'. My mind is just stuck, thinking of modern day backpackers, listening to Atmosphere and Murs, but you're right about what it used to be like.

+1 insight :)

yea back in the day a backpacker was a kid from NYC who wore a backpack all day b/c it was like a survival pack.  Riding all day on the subway they would have what they needed in it.  Books for school, there tape player, a couple of dutches and some weed, a few mixtapes.  They all usually wore first down jackets and listened to the same music.  The original backpackers were actually the ones that made timbs popular.  But now when you think of a backpacker you think of some well off white kid that drives his moms BMW and listens to atmosphere.

herpes

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2007, 01:31:08 PM »

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!