Author Topic: Something About Dr.Dre  (Read 246 times)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Something About Dr.Dre
« on: January 05, 2007, 12:49:52 PM »
Andre Young is in his 40's now, dont you guys think that he's not inspired to Rap?, I mean its not like he was writting his lyrics and most of the contents of his rap was about gangsta stuff,and it got me thinking ; as u grow u start thinking in a different way, so maybe thats whats happening to him, maybe he doesnt feel like rapping and making gangsta rap stuff or promote it, and as far as his production goes thats probably why he's getting away from some rappers, and maybe thats why we hear beats like "Imagine" and "30 something".. what do y'all think

PS: THIS IS NOT ANOTHER DETOX THREAD
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 12:52:12 PM by .:Hercy Buggz:. »

We Fly High

Re: Something About Dr.Dre
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 01:00:09 PM »
if i was a rapper, i for sure as hell wouldnt be rapping at age 40. you look kinda like a fool doin it. Dres like the only one that has an exception to this. but i mean, in all honesty, it dont look right seeing a 40 year old man rapping in the booth. and hes not even that good at rapping.. so maybe he should just produce detox and not rap. haha.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 01:21:41 PM »
where's the sleping icon

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 01:26:18 PM »
no one, including dre, has ever tried to portray as any kind of rapper. he's a producer who raps so albums with his name on them will sell. If he didn't rap, he'd be like dj premier, a sick ass respected producer who your mom would not recognize. anyone's mom would recognize dre and that's because he raps. people not intro rap don't know he's a producer. he knows that. it's just money. don't even trip, he'll be producing the majority of his solo for others to rap on just like his first two albums....-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 01:30:29 PM »
On a Dre documentary that MTV or VH1 did, he said that Hadcore Hip-Hop is what really inspires him to be the artist he is or something along the lines.And now I think he's realising (he may have realised it before, I don't know) that at the age of 40 you cannot do gangsta rap.And not doing that is something new to him.And I think that's the reason he's taking his time with this album
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 01:33:18 PM »
the role of producer is different though. it doesn't matter what the songs talking about to some people, gangsta rap has always been about the sonic experience. noone's gotten anything deep from it since 1996.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram