Author Topic: Penny Hardaway to the Lakers?  (Read 992 times)

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Penny Hardaway to the Lakers?
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2007, 08:06:50 PM »
OK so you guys confirmed it this dude is pretty old right . Dint he play with Shaq back in the days in Orlando?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2007, 08:11:11 PM »
yes

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2007, 08:14:22 PM »
i don't think this would be that bad of move by the lakers if it actually happens
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2007, 08:46:37 PM »
LMAO! He would never be able to keep up with the PG's of the league...ESPECIALLY nowadays, he's more of a small forward if anything. Funny shit though...We have 4 players currently fighting for playing time at the point guard spot, 3 of them extremely young and still developing, what makes you think we'd add some injury prone, slowed down wash-up in the mix? Honestly, Penny WAS the shit...But kill me when he's playing point guard for the Lakers in 2007...PeACe

ron harper played at a time and won when there was john stockton and jason kidd's running the league. he wasn't THAT able to keep up with them either, but that wasn't the idea. penny at forward wouldn't work, he's not strong enough for that position, plus offensively unable to contribute that much, it wouldn't make any sense to put him at sf when he's not ever been an efficient sf and we already have some effeciency at that position.  also i'm aware of the young guns we have competing for that position, but for the same reason new york started kurt warner over eli ....experience over talent....the same reason collins started over young....experience over talent.....the same reason warner  started over leinart....experience over talent....that talent needs direction....the samer reason why haper played over fisher as well. penny wouldn't be the perminant solution but he'd be a nice fill until those young player got it together enough to lead the team.

I really don't think you know what you're talking about, Penny Hardaway is no Ron Harper, he would be absolutely terrible in a point guard role, especially with his slowed down body nowadays. I have no idea why you think it would be a good idea to sit down Smush, who is currently 1000 times the better fit (20 points at halftime right now!), in favor of a player who no team even wants to fuck with...I don't want Penny Hardaway in a small forward role. I don't want Penny in a shooting guard role... and I DAMN SURE don't want his ass anywhere close to the point guard role...Shammond Williams at PG >>> Penny Hardaway at PG...PeACe

PS...This signing will never happen, so there's no point in even discussing it...PeACe

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2007, 08:51:30 PM »
^ then why are you discussing it?

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2007, 09:06:19 PM »
^ then why are you discussing it?

Just think it's pretty funny that you actually believe it'd be smart to use him as a point guard.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2007, 09:55:13 PM »
He could be a pg. A triangle pg is not the same as a pg on another team.

But as I said, it looks like he's going to Seattle if anywhere...

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap/

"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2007, 10:01:30 PM »
Penny could provid the vetern leadership needed in the playoffs, and would be a decent pick up. He could play a Ron Harper role.

And wouldn't it be great to see Kobe and Penny team up against Shaq and Wade. Shaq once said that Kobe, Penny and Wade were like Sonny, Fredo and Michael, with Wade being Michael. It would be classic to see Fredo and Sonny team up to take out Michael and Vito... lol.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2007, 10:03:05 PM »
He could be a pg. A triangle pg is not the same as a pg on another team.

But as I said, it looks like he's going to Seattle if anywhere...

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap/

You still need to be quick and be able to guard opposing PGs, even if it is the tri...

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2007, 03:36:40 AM »
Penny >>> McKie anyway.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2007, 10:09:04 AM »
Good to see he looks like he going a get a team at least. Was such a great player in the mid nineties and was the main reason I supported Magic as a kid.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2007, 10:28:26 AM »
Penny >>> McKie anyway.

Not really...Maybe on the court, but I'd rather have McKie as a locker room presence and a veteran who will support our guys and help them when it's needed, in practice or whatever it may be...Penny Hardaway would just be Jim Jackson part 2, without that perfected shot...PeACe

WC Iz Active

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2007, 11:27:46 AM »
LOL at this thread, Penny to the Lakers would be a horrible move for LA, but it has no chance of happening so Laker fans don't need to worry.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2007, 12:40:04 PM »
Penny >>> McKie anyway.

Not really...Maybe on the court, but I'd rather have McKie as a locker room presence and a veteran who will support our guys and help them when it's needed, in practice or whatever it may be...Penny Hardaway would just be Jim Jackson part 2, without that perfected shot...PeACe

Penny Hardaway -> Jim Jackson pt. 2
Aaron McKie -> Vlade Divac pt. 2

I dunno what's better, lol. Oh, anyway we don't need Penny, that's for sure.