Author Topic: A question about Snoop Dogg "Tha Doggfather"  (Read 246 times)

pinkito

• Lil Geezy
A question about Snoop Dogg "Tha Doggfather"
« on: January 11, 2007, 02:24:04 PM »
This record came out in september 96, I guess,and dre left death row (in march? or june?) 96. So if Snoop was working in this lp from 93-96,it seem obvious that at some time dre,as major producer of the label had to be involved making beats and songs for this project. But we talk so much about leftover from doggystyle,but I don't remember any word abou dr dre production to this record,even if when suge knew dre was leaving the label,he removed all dre work in here.

What do you think was happening at this time?? This project had to be finished at least at the same time dre was leaving,so all the work was done with dre,at least,supervising this.

Otherwise,songs on dead man walking,were leftovers from doggfather?? Or songs snoop recorded between 96 and 98 where he join no limit??

Si-Chiggedy

Re: A question about Snoop Dogg "Tha Doggfather"
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 02:49:47 PM »
Snoop was struggling with the law at this time, so he had not that much time in the first year after Doggystyle. And when Dre said he would leave, I think him and Suge had an argue about that, so that Suge didn't want Dre beats on the new Snoop CD. So they took beats that Daz, Soopafly, DJ Pooh and them others made. That's just what I think.
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 05:46:58 PM »
This record came out in september 96, I guess,and dre left death row (in march? or june?) 96. So if Snoop was working in this lp from 93-96,it seem obvious that at some time dre,as major producer of the label had to be involved making beats and songs for this project. But we talk so much about leftover from doggystyle,but I don't remember any word abou dr dre production to this record,even if when suge knew dre was leaving the label,he removed all dre work in here.

What do you think was happening at this time?? This project had to be finished at least at the same time dre was leaving,so all the work was done with dre,at least,supervising this.

Otherwise,songs on dead man walking,were leftovers from doggfather?? Or songs snoop recorded between 96 and 98 where he join no limit??

From what I know, and from what I would guess...Snoop probably rushed the hell out of that album, and may have even thrown together lyrics or songs he wrote in jail or whatever onto the beats he got from the other producers. He definitely didn't spend all of his time working on it...in 94, he probably spent some time on Murder was the case. In 95, he probably spent time working with the DPG on Dogg Food. In late 95 and early 96, him and Suge were probably focused on All Eyez on me. It could have been Suge's decision to not use Dre, but I never really knew what all was goin on back then....I just know what I have learned since then.

I never thought all of the songs from DMW and the Greatest Hits were leftovers...I am pretty sure that they were meant for whatever was after Doggfather. I remember Snoop being on the radio sometime after Doggfather and talking about his next project while he was still on Death Row...he mentioned somethin he was workin on called the Doggumentary. So those songs were probably for this album, or whatever else he was doin. For the other ones that weren't meant for this, they could have been leftovers...but some were too good to be leftovers, such as "Eastside party".

acgrundy

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 07:36:39 PM »
I don't think snoop started on the album until late 95, maybe early 96.  94 was mwtc and atr, and probably helping with dogg food.  95 was dogg food, and 96 was just workin with pac.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 08:00:55 PM »
Yeah for one, he had his trial.  But I think the other main thing was Death Row's philosophy.  Basically whatever album was next on deck is what everybody in the camp was contributing to. 

boss of the west

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 10:35:27 PM »
 ;D TRASH

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 11:35:13 PM »
dope album, but yeah dre n suge was beefin , and they had other projects... all things combined

pinkito

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 11:55:33 PM »
Every death row album that came out in 92-97 was in the works for years,even you can look at any booklet,and if you read "coming soon" maybe that was 2 years after. Knowing snoop as a work man,even with his trials,soundtracks,etc...I don't think the album was made quickly in 96 (maybe remade quickly to make a whole new album without dre??).

Because what do you think of lady of rage album?? it was supposed to be out after snoop doggystyle,we have afro puffs with dre producing,and the record didn's came out until 97,so it seems obvious that record was remade some times,because rage had some dre beats over the years while she was working on that album,but in 97,no dre at death row...

swangin and bangin

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 01:39:12 AM »
i dont know if i understood what u meant but, i think the same shit hapened wit styles. "Im Black" was out a  couple years back but it just came out on his "time is money album".

boss of the west

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2007, 02:16:38 AM »
i dont know if i understood what u meant but, i think the same shit hapened wit styles. "Im Black" was out a  couple years back but it just came out on his "time is money album".
get a life and stop riding dick bitch!

Al Bundy

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2007, 02:25:26 AM »

shouldn't you be in the kitchen wiping the floors?

boss of the west

• 'G'
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2007, 03:35:34 AM »

shouldn't you be in the kitchen wiping the floors?
u should u bitch! this piru