Author Topic: Raiders Head Coaching Search  (Read 1255 times)

"THE" MoSav

Re: Raiders Head Coaching Search
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2007, 09:15:02 PM »
I still say trade that pick for some more first round picks, try at Adrian Peterson or Calvin Johnson and take Troy Smith second round. But hey, we'll see what the new coach wants to do. The line though needs some help. Who knows, but rebuild that offense. As long as Rob Ryan is in charge of that young D, we are still in business.

i agree, but i still think they are taking Russell

The Best of 3 Worlds

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2007, 09:48:55 PM »
I still say trade that pick for some more first round picks, try at Adrian Peterson or Calvin Johnson and take Troy Smith second round. But hey, we'll see what the new coach wants to do. The line though needs some help. Who knows, but rebuild that offense. As long as Rob Ryan is in charge of that young D, we are still in business.

I know...  :grumpy:

Come on Al, this is a man that does some strange things. The only "safe" pick I've ever seen him do was Charles Woodson in 1998, and since Woodson was a corner, you had to expect that. I mean come on Al, do something crazy, this is a man that has taken a kicker (Janikowski 2000, Ray Guy 1973), many corners and safties, a few linemen (Stinchcomb, Gallery) amd even a tight end (Dudley) in the first round. Lets go through the QBs the Raiders have drafted:  Roman Gabriel, 1962 (who signed with the Rams and went to have a Hall of Fame career) Eldridge Dickey, 1968 (bust); Marc Wilson, 1980 (bust); Todd Marinovich, 1991 (need I say more).

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2007, 09:50:25 PM »

Come on Al, this is a man that does some strange things. The only "safe" pick I've ever seen him do was Charles Woodson in 1998, and since Woodson was a corner, you had to expect that. I mean come on Al, do something crazy, this is a man that has taken a kicker (Janikowski 2000, Ray Guy 1973), many corners and safties, a few linemen (Stinchcomb, Gallery) amd even a tight end (Dudley) in the first round. Lets go through the QBs the Raiders have drafted:  Roman Gabriel, 1962 (who signed with the Rams and went to have a Hall of Fame career) Eldridge Dickey, 1968 (bust); Marc Wilson, 1980 (bust); Todd Marinovich, 1991 (need I say more).

yup Al Davis is a joke

The Best of 3 Worlds

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2007, 10:13:13 PM »

yup Al Davis is a joke

I wouldn't say joke, but drafting is not his main thing. Maybe that's why he hired Lane Kiffin. Gruden was a beast drafting for the Raiders in the late 90's, early 2000's, that mixed with the vets Al liked, you had some really good teams. Maybe he'll let Kiffin handle the draft. He did stress Kiffin recruiting at the conference, so I'm assuming in this rebuilding stage (thank God Al's rebuilding istead of adding on. The Raiders have been adding on since hiring Norv Turner, Collins was an add on, Sapp, Moss, it's time to destroy and rebuild) and that means some years with high draft picks, Kiffin can get his young players, and the Raiders are looking to the future. Al though, LEAVE THE DRAFT ALLONE! And I'm still not sold on Russell. I like Smith more, even though his shorter. Russell is the better athlete, but is unchallenged, and never had a great college career. TRADE THE PICK!!! AL HAS NO CLUE WHAT TO DO WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2007, 10:20:46 AM »

yup Al Davis is a joke

I wouldn't say joke, but drafting is not his main thing. Maybe that's why he hired Lane Kiffin. Gruden was a beast drafting for the Raiders in the late 90's, early 2000's, that mixed with the vets Al liked, you had some really good teams. Maybe he'll let Kiffin handle the draft. He did stress Kiffin recruiting at the conference, so I'm assuming in this rebuilding stage (thank God Al's rebuilding istead of adding on. The Raiders have been adding on since hiring Norv Turner, Collins was an add on, Sapp, Moss, it's time to destroy and rebuild) and that means some years with high draft picks, Kiffin can get his young players, and the Raiders are looking to the future. Al though, LEAVE THE DRAFT ALLONE! And I'm still not sold on Russell. I like Smith more, even though his shorter. Russell is the better athlete, but is unchallenged, and never had a great college career. TRADE THE PICK!!! AL HAS NO CLUE WHAT TO DO WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!

real spit +1
the niners destroyed and rebuilded and they turned it around fast....it can be done and they did it thru tha draft, gore, smith, vernon davis etc...

The Best of 3 Worlds