Poll

Which group is better?

G-Unit
Dipset

Author Topic: G-Unot or Dipshit?  (Read 729 times)

WC Iz Active

Re: G-Unot or Dipshit?
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2007, 12:55:41 AM »
G-Unit by far.

Thing is, I dont' even fuck wit G-Unit no more. But, I did at one point.

The dips? NOPE. Never.. Their whole style is weak as hell to me.. They sound like they rappin' some mother goose shyt all the time...

Joe Budden is great but you are wack son, Dipset is where its at no homo

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2007, 09:45:42 AM »
Dip's are coo....
But 50's solo's are enough to vote G-Unit. (IMO)

Besides the actual G-Unit album tho, I have never cared for nor bumped any solo G-unit artist.. :P
not a fan of Buck, Yayo or Bank's.

Tho I digged a couple track's off Mobb Deep's G-Unit lp...
"Give it to me" is my shit, (LOL & it features Buck.....)

Narrator

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2007, 10:04:57 AM »
Dips can come with some dope beats, and like some other dude said you're able to distinguish one guy from the other. 

LOL, half of Dipset sound like they're imitating Cam or Jim Jones.  That ain't very distinguishable.  All of G-Unit's members are FAR more distinctive than Dipset would ever be.  That don't make them dope, but it at least differentiates them from Dipset.

G-Unit also has far better production.  Dre, Jonathan J.R. Rotem, Alchemist, people like them...Dipset almost always works with Heatmakerz, and their beats sound identical.  The only Dipset album I've heard recently with some decent production was "Hustler's P.O.M.E.", and even that couldn't make up for the fact that Jim Jones is wack.

Hoodlum204

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thats Why I Fucked Your Bitch!!
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2007, 10:06:47 AM »
i think dipset puts out better music...but if these two crews were to battle...i thinks Banks alone would put dipset in the ground!

Scream @ Me

• 'G'
  • That Dude!
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2007, 10:23:13 AM »
G-Unit by far.

Thing is, I dont' even fuck wit G-Unit no more. But, I did at one point.

The dips? NOPE. Never.. Their whole style is weak as hell to me.. They sound like they rappin' some mother goose shyt all the time...

:)

Joe Budden is great but you are wack son, Dipset is where its at no homo

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2007, 10:38:11 AM »
Dips can come with some dope beats, and like some other dude said you're able to distinguish one guy from the other. 

LOL, half of Dipset sound like they're imitating Cam or Jim Jones.  That ain't very distinguishable.  All of G-Unit's members are FAR more distinctive than Dipset would ever be.  That don't make them dope, but it at least differentiates them from Dipset.

G-Unit also has far better production.  Dre, Jonathan J.R. Rotem, Alchemist, people like them...Dipset almost always works with Heatmakerz, and their beats sound identical.  The only Dipset album I've heard recently with some decent production was "Hustler's P.O.M.E.", and even that couldn't make up for the fact that Jim Jones is wack.

Maybe I should have clarified.  When I say Dipset, I mean Cam, Jimmy, Juelz, and to a lesser extend Zekey.  They have what seems like endless affiliates, and I haven't listened to enough of their stuff to speak on it.  When I say G-Unit, I mean 50, Banks, Buck, and to a lesser extent Yayo.  They've also got a long list of affiliates that I'm ignorant to, so I can't really speak on it.  In my opinion, the dips bring a more unique flavor when each one is on the mic.  G-Unit has Buck, and then 50 Cent, 50 Cent pt. 2, and 50 cent pt.3.  You can hear 50's influence ALL over Banks and Yayo.  50 is writing a lot of their shit and is the visionary behind their albums.  I just don't get the feeling that those guys have any personality - they are exactly what 50 tells them to be.  And its' obviously worked as they've gone at least gold everytime.  

The G-Unit production crew isn't really their crew.  Thats basically a who's who of producers on most mainstream releases.  Those guys are on everybody's albums.  While they are def a talented bunch, they're doing the same thing for numerous other artists and making hits for them.  

At least the Dips have more of a trademark sound.

And again, don't get me twisted - I'm picking the lesser of two evils here.