Author Topic: Islam never forbid music...  (Read 271 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Islam never forbid music...
« on: February 05, 2007, 06:29:20 AM »
Sometimes people follow religion blindly and they forget to use their logic.  Scholars don't do enough to prevent people from doing this, because usually blind followers (sheep) are the most loyal to scholars.

So, this brings about the whole issue of music in Islam.  I tested it out on a Muslim family yesterday.  They were a pretty typical Muslim immigrant family in America, the parent was middle aged and had moved here about 10 years ago, and the kids were approaching their teens.  They were sitting their all watching TV, flipping channels, till they noticed some America Idol style show, and the contestant on the TV show was doing a cover of Shania Twain's "Your Still The One" and it was no big deal, they were just watching and relaxing.

So a few minutes later, I went to the computer and downloaded Shania Twain "Your Still The One" and started playing it at a low volume through the computer speakers.  Immediately, there was a problem, and the 10 year old child rushed over to me as if something horribly bad was happening, and said "why are you listening to music", as if it was something forbidden.

...do you get my point?  Where is the logic.  So it's not music if it is on the television, but it is music if it comes out of computer speakers?   Also, how does one determine what is and isn't music... isn't the birds chirping in the morning music?  What about the sounds of nature?  There is music all around us everywhere we go.

Read through the whole Qu'ran and you will not find any mention of music being banned.  And you will also find in the Qu'ran that Allah says to not make anything forbidden that Allah hasn't made forbidden.  So if Allah hasn't made music forbidden in the Qu'ran, then nobody can make it forbidden.  As for the Prophet Muhammad supposedly saying that some forms of music were forbidden, this is weak hadith, and even the companions of the Prophet are recorded in Sudanese history as falling in love with the music in Sudan when they travelled there.

This hadith and sunnah thing is blown way out of proportion.  Allah never once in the Qu'ran tells the believers to follow Muhammad's hadith or Muhammad's sunnah.  Rather, Allah says in the Qu'ran to follow ALLAH's sunnah and the QU'RAN's hadith.

ya'll feel me?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 06:34:42 AM by Hajj Abdul-Infinite...BANNED FOR CALLING TO TRUTH »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Kassem

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Islam never forbid music...
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 07:29:53 AM »
yep same shit about dogs forbidden inside the house, and not crying when somebody dies.
United Arab States

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 07:49:47 AM »
Does the Quran say anything specific about the hijab either? Or is it just a generalization about women dressing modestly?

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 09:04:06 AM »
you're gonna pick holes in islam just like everything else in your life brian.. stop lookin so hard for the roots to problems and just enjoy life

those kids obviously learned that from their parents..

maybe they thought you were bad for pirating that song?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 09:09:19 AM by Seer - San »

Tha Psycho Hustla

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 09:52:36 AM »
Hajj Abdul-Infinite

SOMEBODY BAN THIS FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-[

Narrator

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 01:05:58 PM »
Why are you trying to convince us, Bryan?  We aren't the ones who took your CDs away and called listening to music har'aam.

But...I offer you a truce.  If there's ANYTHING, and I mean ANYTHING you want replaced, tell us in the Hookup Spot and we'll get some download links active.  I realize it ain't the same, but...

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 01:12:29 PM »
Does the Quran say anything specific about the hijab either? Or is it just a generalization about women dressing modestly?

It's a generalization about women dressing modestly and gaurding their beauty and virtue.  It does mention for them to draw their viels over their breasts, but it doesn't mention the head specifically.  I'll pull up the verse later.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007, 01:59:54 PM »

It's a generalization about women dressing modestly and gaurding their beauty and virtue.  It does mention for them to draw their viels over their breasts, but it doesn't mention the head specifically.  I'll pull up the verse later.

That's what I thought. Someone had told me that before. I have no problem a Muslim women choosing to dress in the hijab as a choice. I don't particularly care for violent angry men forcing their wives and adult daughters to wear it, and I'll never understand arab girls I see in Toronto who wear the Hijab but still wear tight clothes showing off their figure and putting on a lot of make up.

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 08:22:41 PM »
bryan we understand you are mad because you had your cd's ganked by a real muslim child, but this is one of those situations where you will just have to man up and face reality, a rare occurance for you. it will be painful but a step in the wrong direction could lead you to harboring some serious prejudice against the people you envy, and ultimately yourself. im glad we could have this informative chat bryan.

Tha Psycho Hustla

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 02:44:02 PM »
fuck you.

http://youtube.com/results?search_query=undercover+islam&search=Search

BE HONEST, WHY ARE JUST KUFFAARS FOR YOU RIGHT?SO WHY U TRY 2 TEACH US?
GO YOUR OWN WAY. LEAVE US ALONE WITH YOUR PREACHINGS.

PEOPLE GET MAD WHEN I POST ABOUT DEATH ROW ARTIST BUT THEY OVERSEEN THAT FOOL,

ITS A WEST COAST FORUM.DEATH ROW=WEST COAST HIP-HOP LABEL

BUT ISLAM?ON HIP-HOP BOARD?PROPAGANDA TO THE FULLEST.
OOH I FORGOT, PROPAGANDA IS NOTHING NEW IN ISLAM. THEY ALWAYS TRY TO TALK UP PEOPLE WITH THEIR "RELIGION OF PEACE"
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 02:48:01 PM by Tha Psycho Hustla »