Author Topic: Is the old Prodigy coming back ?  (Read 352 times)

herpes

Is the old Prodigy coming back ?
« on: January 13, 2007, 10:09:14 AM »
if he keeps rhyming like this, his solo album has potential.  Sure it aint the infamous or hell on earth Pee, but its somewhere around HNIC pee and i'll take that any day of the week over the past few years

mac 10 handle

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/Bm6Iu1dxj2k" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/Bm6Iu1dxj2k</a>

new york shit

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/twV7FRiJkOM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/twV7FRiJkOM</a>

he actuallys sounds somewhat hungry.  And hes making an effort to rhyme this time around instead of that talking over the mic shit.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 10:35:10 AM by Tommy Fits »

WC Iz Active

Re: Is the old Prodigy coming back ?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 10:11:26 AM »
Yeah me and my homie were discussing this a lil bit, Ive seen those 2 videos that you posted and I thought the same thing.

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 10:35:43 AM »
nah, he isnt coming back. he has a gunit tat

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 11:30:51 AM »
Both track dope indeed. He wasnt as bad as people say on last 3 LPs.

herpes

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 11:39:02 AM »

yes he was, are you fuckin kidding me ?  How do you go from one of the top 5 in the game to one of the saddest stories in rap.  Half his verses  in the past 5 years havnt even rhymed and if they did they were on some simplistic tip.  He wasnt even flowing on tracks, he was doing spoken word most of the time.  Even the stuff he did on juvenile hell were better then most of the stuff during the past 5 years.  I doubt you have even heard the infamous.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 11:43:23 AM »
These two songs from a new solo album coming out?

herpes

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 11:48:44 AM »
These two songs from a new solo album coming out?

im not sure, I heard they might just be on a mixtape which if thats the case is a shame b/c then you know Pee will put the trash on the actual album.

everlast1986

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2007, 11:49:10 AM »
he has a mixtape out and those 2 tracks are on it

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2007, 12:02:26 PM »

No it's not...I can not believe this is the same rapper I heard come with sometimes poetic, sometimes merciless but always hard hitting rhymes. He can't rap for shit now...but hey that is what lots of drugs will do to you.

herpes

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2007, 12:07:56 PM »
acutually he fell off after he got off the drugs.   Either the sickle cell has really taken a number on him or his ghost writer died.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2007, 12:18:32 PM »

Ah I see.....but I did not think that sickle cell attacked the mind, i thought it was debilitating yes but did not affect the mind?

herpes

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2007, 12:23:45 PM »

Ah I see.....but I did not think that sickle cell attacked the mind, i thought it was debilitating yes but did not affect the mind?

the constant being in severe pain and having to take medication eventually takes a severe toll on the mind aswell.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2007, 12:26:53 PM »
Well I'll def say that those beats shit on most everything else Mobb Deep has done recently.  That was some dark shit.  Alchemist do that New York Shit?  I was really feelin that production, especially that 2pac sample on the hook.  Plus he incorporated some scratches and shit.  I'd love to hear that in CDQ.

I'll never have any delusions that Pee will ever be as good as he was, but does sound better on these than he has in a while.  But still a fraction of what he used to be.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2007, 01:57:12 PM »

Fair point

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2007, 03:13:36 PM »

yes he was, are you fuckin kidding me ?  How do you go from one of the top 5 in the game to one of the saddest stories in rap.  Half his verses  in the past 5 years havnt even rhymed and if they did they were on some simplistic tip.  He wasnt even flowing on tracks, he was doing spoken word most of the time.  Even the stuff he did on juvenile hell were better then most of the stuff during the past 5 years.  I doubt you have even heard the infamous.

I have all their cds in og copy,huge fan of them, probably my fav rap group. Im still saying he wasnt as bad as people clamied.