Author Topic: "The Burning Crusade"  (Read 277 times)

mrtonguetwista

"The Burning Crusade"
« on: January 14, 2007, 08:12:37 PM »
DALLAS (AP) - Each day, millions of people around the world gaze at their computer screens to explore a dangerous fantasy world of treasure-filled dungeons and flame-breathing dragons, a land where mortal enemies lurk around every corner.

It's the ``World of Warcraft,'' the most successful online game ever, and it's a world about to get a whole lot bigger with Tuesday's release of a $39.99 enhancement called ``The Burning Crusade.''

From China to the United States, from Australia to Europe, more than 8 million registered users now pay up to $15 a month to gather with hundreds of other real people who masquerade as digital avatars in the never-ending fantasy world of Azeroth.

``The Burning Crusade'' adds new locales such as Karazhan, Hellfire Citadel and Tempest Keep to Azeroth, and presents a spiraling war against demonic forces where the game's two opposing factions - the Alliance and the Horde - will face powerful new enemies.

Players will have access to the new realm of Outland that's nearly as large as the existing game world, and the highest level characters can achieve has been raised from 60 to 70.

There are two new races to choose from as well: the remnants of an ancient space-faring civilization called the Draenei, and the Blood Elves, who are addicted to arcane magic.

But in a market already overpopulated with dwarves, paladins and trolls, is there room for even more of the same? If fans are any indication, the answer is a definite yes.

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: "The Burning Crusade"
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 08:52:10 PM »
All of this is old news.

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 10:47:05 AM »
I admit that a lot of people are quite damn addicted to that, but I for instance only played it for 2 hours since I got it on Tuesday. Burning Crusade is a great addition to WoW, if you like WoW you'll love it, but you have to be level 60, a lower character doesn't get nearly as much out of it. So nothing for beginners.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 02:01:48 PM »
I admit that a lot of people are quite damn addicted to that, but I for instance only played it for 2 hours since I got it on Tuesday. Burning Crusade is a great addition to WoW, if you like WoW you'll love it, but you have to be level 60, a lower character doesn't get nearly as much out of it. So nothing for beginners.

Unless you really really want to make a Blood Elf or a Draeni

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 08:04:57 AM »
Is it actually really worth it? I mean what are the great additions?

I didn´t buy it yet simply cause I got bored with WoW and in the end it won´t change much I guess. Now you´re leveling to 70 and then? I´m actually in it for the pvp and I think it´s a joke.