Author Topic: Lakers beat the Spurs...Anyone think they're not ELITE yet?  (Read 1351 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Lakers beat the Spurs...Anyone think they're not ELITE yet?
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2007, 11:00:04 PM »
^^No it's not...Based on my calculations, sub-.500 teams don't make it to the playoffs, so we should be just fine... 8)

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2007, 11:02:36 PM »
L'UP :pirate:

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2007, 11:12:36 PM »
^^No it's not...Based on my calculations, sub-.500 teams don't make it to the playoffs, so we should be just fine... 8)
LOL

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2007, 12:33:57 AM »
i agree that they're elite but i don't really think we're going to go to the finals

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2007, 12:43:13 AM »
theyre good, not elite

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2007, 12:55:36 AM »
I still agree. This just isn't the season.

Man please believe it. There ain't no teams in the West we can't beat in a 7-games serie. Who are you afraid of? Like the homie Nik said, we already proved we can beat everybody. And even last year, when the team was worse than this year, we went 3-1 against the Suns with no experience at all. This year we won't loose a serie if we have the match point, you know what i mean. Nik i'll give you a +1 for this. I started to see the Lakers playing great at the end of the last season (remember?), and this year i've always stated i'm extremely happy about the team and the draft picks (Bynum+Farmar+Turiaf). I knew we were good. Maybe not "that" good already. But now i'm a believer too.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2007, 12:59:54 AM »

Man please believe it. There ain't no teams in the West we can't beat in a 7-games serie. Who are you afraid of? Like the homie Nik said, we already proved we can beat everybody. And even last year, when the team was worse than this year, we went 3-1 against the Suns with no experience at all. This year we won't loose a serie if we have the match point, you know what i mean. Nik i'll give you a +1 for this. I started to see the Lakers playing great at the end of the last season (remember?), and this year i've always stated i'm extremely happy about the team and the draft picks (Bynum+Farmar+Turiaf). I knew we were good. Maybe not "that" good already. But now i'm a believer too.

Yeah but keep in mind we beat all of last season's elite teams too (Miami, Dallas, San Antonio, Phoenix, Detroit). But the playoffs are a whole different ball game. The Lakers will go to the WCF this season but not to the finals due to lack of experience. Like I've been saying: next season is the Lakers season. Only way we can make it this season is if Bynum starts putting up 10/10 later in the season.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2007, 01:06:33 AM »

Yeah but keep in mind we beat all of last season's elite teams too (Miami, Dallas, San Antonio, Phoenix, Detroit). But the playoffs are a whole different ball game.

Man we lost the serie against the Suns not because we tecnically can't play in the playoffs, but because we didn't have the right menthality to make that damn match point. We played better than the Suns. Fucking hell, we went 3-1, man. It's not that the Suns destroyed us. I just believe we won't make the same mistake again, that's it. And if we don't, nobody is gonna have an easy drive against us.

The Lakers will go to the WCF this season but not to the finals due to lack of experience. Like I've been saying: next season is the Lakers season. Only way we can make it this season is if Bynum starts putting up 10/10 later in the season.

He's putting 11.6 and 8, in january. Which is pretty good. And he'll be even better with Kwame back, working on the defensive end too, helping him. Bynum is the kind of player who just doesn't give a fuck if it's a friendly or a playoff game. Good menthality. He's not scared.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2007, 03:43:24 AM »
The thing is, being a team with 55 wins and capable of beating anybody and ACTUALLY *really* having a good shot at the championship are still 2 very different things. From the current Laker roster, only Kobe knows what's up. Well, and McKie if you wanna get smart with me. They might be capable of beating the best teams even without 1 key player and 1 weird fragile maladjusted lunatic, but I don't see them winning a 7-Game-Series against a team like Dallas... Why? Cause it's also a mental thing.

In other words, to be considered ELITE by me, you have to be contending for at least the previous year. Utah ain't elite either. Neither are the Rockets.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 03:44:57 AM by 7even »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

PLANT

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2007, 04:51:39 AM »
Lakers are good, but IMO they have to get past either Pheonix, Spurs or Dallas in the playoffs to be considered "Elite". 

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2007, 06:33:41 AM »
The thing is, being a team with 55 wins and capable of beating anybody and ACTUALLY *really* having a good shot at the championship are still 2 very different things. From the current Laker roster, only Kobe knows what's up. Well, and McKie if you wanna get smart with me. They might be capable of beating the best teams even without 1 key player and 1 weird fragile maladjusted lunatic, but I don't see them winning a 7-Game-Series against a team like Dallas... Why? Cause it's also a mental thing.

In other words, to be considered ELITE by me, you have to be contending for at least the previous year. Utah ain't elite either. Neither are the Rockets.

The Lakers two years ago were a lottery team. Last season they were 1 fucking game away from facing the Clippers in the 2nd round, with good chances of going into the WCF.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2007, 10:13:07 AM »

Yeah but keep in mind we beat all of last season's elite teams too (Miami, Dallas, San Antonio, Phoenix, Detroit). But the playoffs are a whole different ball game. The Lakers will go to the WCF this season but not to the finals due to lack of experience. Like I've been saying: next season is the Lakers season. Only way we can make it this season is if Bynum starts putting up 10/10 later in the season.

Last year we only started beating the good teams in the second half of the season, it was more of a season to adjust to eachother and the triangle, and we still surprised the league...This year, we're killing right off the bat, even with key players missing throughout the season...What more do we need to do to get your fuckin approval? We have Kobe, we have Phil, we have Odom...What do Dallas have that's better for a 7 game series? Dirk Nowitzki , Josh Howard, and Avery Johnson? Some of you Laker fans really disappoint me with your lack of faith...If we don't believe in ourselves, WHO THE FUCK WILL?! Very disappointing...PeACe

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2007, 11:45:54 AM »
Man I thought the Lakers had a chance at the Finals last year so OF COURSE I think we're headed there this year. Plus everyone knows the Lakers step up their game in the playoffs.

who knows? Last years Lakers team lost a 3-1 lead, thats HARDLY stepping it up. We have yet to see what this Lakers team can do. The last time they stepped it up and won a title was 02...This is a completly different laker team, they havent proved anything in the playoffs yet. Dont get me wrong im cant saying they cant do it, im just saying how does everyone know the Lakers always step it up in the playoffs? When they are 0-1 with this team in series's. Past Lakers teams STEPPED IT UP, same uniform different team...

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2007, 11:50:32 AM »
Man I thought the Lakers had a chance at the Finals last year so OF COURSE I think we're headed there this year. Plus everyone knows the Lakers step up their game in the playoffs.

who knows? Last years Lakers team lost a 3-1 lead, thats HARDLY stepping it up. We have yet to see what this Lakers team can do. The last time they stepped it up and won a title was 02...This is a completly different laker team, they havent proved anything in the playoffs yet. Dont get me wrong im cant saying they cant do it, im just saying how does everyone know the Lakers always step it up in the playoffs? When they are 0-1 with this team in series's. Past Lakers teams STEPPED IT UP, same uniform different team...

Phil Jackson teams in general are known for stepping it up in the 2nd half of the season and even more in the playoffs. It's the way the team is coached...Lakers did step up their play in the playoffs last year, they just choked away the 3-1 lead due to inexperience/believing they had it won. But overall, they still picked up their level of play, and that's what Phil and even Kobe are known for...PeACe

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2007, 11:52:12 AM »

Phil Jackson teams in general are known for stepping it up in the 2nd half of the season and even more in the playoffs. It's the way the team is coached...Lakers did step up their play in the playoffs last year, they just choked away the 3-1 lead due to inexperience/believing they had it won. But overall, they still picked up their level of play, and that's what Phil and even Kobe are known for...PeACe

yeah but i still gotta see THIS Team win a series, i know Kobe and Phil are gonna bring there A-game coaching and playing, but who knows about the other youngsters..I think they are good enough to go very far, im just curious too see...

The Best of 3 Worlds