Author Topic: Lakers beat the Spurs...Anyone think they're not ELITE yet?  (Read 1348 times)

PLANT

Re: Lakers beat the Spurs...Anyone think they're not ELITE yet?
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2007, 03:41:30 PM »
Another big game for the lakers tonight vs the mavs

rik

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2007, 04:03:37 PM »
Mark my words. THE LAKERS ARE GOING TO WIN IT ALL!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2007, 04:58:21 PM »
If this doesn't shut the doubters up, I don't know what will...

http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2007, 06:18:13 PM »
I wouldn't call them elite yet.  They're damn close, prolly top of the next group just below the elite teams.  I definitely enjoy watching them play much more this year than last year (with the exception of the playoffs last year, they were really gelling as a team, imo). 

But just as the Lakers are gonna kick it into high gear come playoff time, so are teams like SA, Dallas, Phx, etc.  They still have a lot to prove, but they're def showing promise.

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2007, 06:27:42 PM »
as in every other thread, yes Nik we know the Lakers are a good team.
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2007, 07:56:48 PM »
as in every other thread, yes Nik we know the Lakers are a good team.

That isn't what the thread is about, genius...

thisoneguy360

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2007, 08:33:38 PM »
They're a great team, but they are also getting fucked up by dallas today

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2007, 09:51:36 PM »
This game proved exactly what I've been saying - the Lakers aren't going to get passed Dallas this season. That team is too deep. They're like Phoenix + decent defense.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

rik

« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2007, 10:01:05 PM »
This game proved exactly what I've been saying - the Lakers aren't going to get passed Dallas this season. That team is too deep. They're like Phoenix + decent defense.

You're forgetting that we don't have Lamar or Kwame in there pal.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2007, 11:03:58 PM »

Only difference that would've made was offensive rebounding. The only weakness Dallas has is that both of their centers are lazy underachieversm which is why beating them all comes back to Bynum. Until he is ready, we're NOT beating Dallas 4 times in a series.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2007, 06:20:52 AM »

Only difference that would've made was offensive rebounding. The only weakness Dallas has is that both of their centers are lazy underachieversm which is why beating them all comes back to Bynum. Until he is ready, we're NOT beating Dallas 4 times in a series.

FINALLY a realistic lakers fan

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2007, 07:40:51 AM »
So... which center had Phoenix in the last PO?

rik

« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2007, 08:24:16 AM »

You're trippin bro. Only difference would be of offensive rebound? How bout the D Lamar plays on Dirk, the scoring, and running the offense.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2007, 09:24:37 AM »

FINALLY a realistic lakers fan

Realistic? LMAO...You mean faithless. We lost AT Dallas without our 2nd and 3rd best player on a 2nd night of a back to back, dude has no Laker pride whatsoever saying some shit like that, especially when we just beat Dallas a little over a weak ago... :grumpy:

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2007, 09:25:58 AM »

You're trippin bro. Only difference would be of offensive rebound? How bout the D Lamar plays on Dirk, the scoring, and running the offense.

LOL@tryna explain something to Baby G.