Author Topic: been drinking way too much soda  (Read 411 times)

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
Re: been drinking way too much soda
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2007, 01:52:07 PM »
Shit, I used to be mad addicted to Coke (the drink).  I'd get headaches and shit if I didn't have one.  I'd have one w/ every meal.  But I quit that shit after college and started drinking water exclusively when I was cutting weight.  That was 3 years ago and now I can't stand any kind of soda.  I can feel the shit on my teeth after I drink it.  Plus it's way too sweet for me now.  I don't even use it when I mix drinks anymore.  I went from Crown and Coke to Crown and Water.
crown and water is bomb.
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2007, 01:53:58 PM »
Shit, I used to be mad addicted to Coke (the drink).  I'd get headaches and shit if I didn't have one.  I'd have one w/ every meal.  But I quit that shit after college and started drinking water exclusively when I was cutting weight.  That was 3 years ago and now I can't stand any kind of soda.  I can feel the shit on my teeth after I drink it.  Plus it's way too sweet for me now.  I don't even use it when I mix drinks anymore.  I went from Crown and Coke to Crown and Water.
crown and water is bomb.

LOL

The Best of 3 Worlds

BIGG-A

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "DIPPIN AN WE ROLLIN... AND WE SMOKIN ON THAT GOOD
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2007, 09:12:07 PM »
Smoke sum Weed................ 8)
BIGG-A
         EMPIRE RECORDINGS
               WISCONSIN

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2007, 09:57:33 PM »
Oh and another thing, I used to get heartburn like a motherfucker.  Like I'd be poppin those 24 hour pills twice a day, and on top of that would wake up in the middle of the night to chew up some tums cuz my shit was so bad. 

After I quit drinkin pop that shit disappeared.  I had no idea that it was causing it.

Oh and fuck any artificial sweetners.  That shit is horrible for you.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2007, 10:24:06 AM »
Oh and another thing, I used to get heartburn like a motherfucker.  Like I'd be poppin those 24 hour pills twice a day, and on top of that would wake up in the middle of the night to chew up some tums cuz my shit was so bad. 

After I quit drinkin pop that shit disappeared.  I had no idea that it was causing it.

Oh and fuck any artificial sweetners.  That shit is horrible for you.

damn i never get heartburn from soda, i just have to piss alot more whenever i drink more soda. Fuck heartburn  >:( I better not get that shit

The Best of 3 Worlds

Sikotic™

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2007, 12:34:39 PM »
Soda was never a factor in my life. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

I like soda, but I don't have to drink it all day. I can go weeks without it without any withdrawal. Caffiene never affected me at all.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2007, 03:45:33 AM »
Health effects

One study concluded that fructose "produced significantly higher fasting plasma triacylglycerol values than did the glucose diet in men" and "if plasma triacylglycerols are a risk factor for cardiovascular disease, then diets high in fructose may be undesirable"[7]. Bantle et al. "noted the same effects in a study of 14 healthy volunteers who sequentially ate a high-fructose diet and one almost devoid of the sugar." [3]

A study in mice suggests that fructose increases obesity.[8] However, this study looked at the effects of fructose alone, and since high fructose corn syrup, like ordinary table sugar, is only about half fructose and half glucose, some may say they tell us very little about the relative health effects of high fructose corn syrup as opposed to other sweeteners. These same people must argue that the added sucrose somehow cancels out the reported negative effects of fructose intake. No such study has shown this cancellation happens.

One much-publicized recent study found an association between obesity and high HFCS consumption, especially from soft drinks.[9] However, this study did not provide any evidence that this association is causal. And in fact, one of the study coauthors, Dr. Barry M. Popkin, is quoted in the New York Times (July 2, 2006, A Sweetener With a Bad Rap) warning that “I don't think there should be a perception that high-fructose corn syrup has caused obesity until we know more.” Most experts would agree that, in terms of obesity-related physiology, HFCS is no better or worse than sucrose. In the same article, Walter Willets, chair of the nutrition deperatment of the Harvard School of Public Health Nutrition Department Chairman, is quoted as saying that “There's no substantial evidence to support the idea that high-fructose corn syrup is somehow responsible for obesity,” and that “If there was no high-fructose corn syrup, I don't think we would see a change in anything important.” In essence he is saying high fructose corn syrup is just as bad as other sugars. Walter Willets also recommends drinking water over soft drinks containing sugars or high fructose corn syrup.[10]

u ever notice when u look at the back of almost every bottle/caned juice/drink on the market today it has the corn syrup in it i get mad yo... cuz they get away with it even when they say all natural on the front label... knowing damn well that corn syrup shit aint good for u

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2007, 03:47:16 AM »
so just know this it's not just soda that's bad for u any drink with that corn syrup in it

if u really wanna go health nut with it though just stick to bottled water or get u a a juicer and fresh fruit and make your own juice from it
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 03:48:56 AM by .:TimeLock:. »

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2007, 05:19:29 AM »
Sikotic: Plasma triacylglyceroses is way beyond my education in biology, but what I can tell is that I've heard about fructose increasing the risk of cardiovascular disease, but check out how many things do that. Smoking, working too much and fucking yourself up with it, not doing sports, having high blood pressure, being overweight, all of that is worse from what I know

The type of diabetes your diet has an influence on (there's other types of the disease, getting which is just bad luck, more or less) usually come after obesity...as long as you're skinny, you're not likely to get that type of diabetes from drinking soda, eating sweets or smoking, or whatever increases the risk.

I drink coke like a motherfucker too, often I have coke along with lunch, coke along with dinner, coke before going to bed, and so on. Since I'm very slim (I am actually incapable of putting on weight), I don't think there's gonna be consequences in the short run. Sure I could be wrong, but I think I'd have to start worrying if I started getting chubby. Just watch out for what it does to your teeth though........

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2007, 06:26:46 PM »
Drink Valut. 8)

Sikotic™

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2007, 06:45:22 PM »
Sikotic: Plasma triacylglyceroses is way beyond my education in biology, but what I can tell is that I've heard about fructose increasing the risk of cardiovascular disease, but check out how many things do that. Smoking, working too much and fucking yourself up with it, not doing sports, having high blood pressure, being overweight, all of that is worse from what I know

The type of diabetes your diet has an influence on (there's other types of the disease, getting which is just bad luck, more or less) usually come after obesity...as long as you're skinny, you're not likely to get that type of diabetes from drinking soda, eating sweets or smoking, or whatever increases the risk.

I drink coke like a motherfucker too, often I have coke along with lunch, coke along with dinner, coke before going to bed, and so on. Since I'm very slim (I am actually incapable of putting on weight), I don't think there's gonna be consequences in the short run. Sure I could be wrong, but I think I'd have to start worrying if I started getting chubby. Just watch out for what it does to your teeth though........
Very true. That's why the studies on HFCS are still relatively new and can be contested. However, since the introduction of HFCS into sodas and other products, obesity has increased and in turn other ailments have become more prevalent.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sikotic™

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2007, 06:46:11 PM »
Another thing, for people that want to stop drinking soda, try Perrier and mix it with fruit juices. You still get the carbonation from the mineral water like a soda, but not nearly as much sugar and no caffiene. I drink Perrier & cranberry juice or Perrier & pomegranate juice on the regular, no homo, because they're great antioxidants.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2007, 06:53:40 PM »
I had to ween myself from soda.  Started with having sweet tea.  Then I'd get gatorade. Then I'd get that Propel water that Gatorade makes.  Then I'd just get bottled water.  It was pretty gradual over a few months but it worked very well and I haven't looked back.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2007, 08:49:19 PM »
fuck it, i been drinkin too much beer. i dont drink much soda at all... maybe 4 cans a week.... but beer... like 12 pack a day