Author Topic: I never wanna listen to Crooked I Again  (Read 1099 times)

xquistqban

• 'G'
I never wanna listen to Crooked I Again
« on: January 19, 2007, 10:08:43 AM »
Damn, Crooked I is so dope that when I listen to him I get blown away by his flow and lyrics.  Then, when I hear other rappers I just Can't get into them.  For example, this morning I listened to "So Damn Hood" and "Still Tha Row" in my ride on the way to school.  On the way home, I played BCT and DA and I coudn't get into them.  Snoop and Game are no where near Crooked I's level.  No rapper compares to Crooked I.  Listen to Crooked and then listen to any other rapper, right after, I bet you wont feel the next rapper.  I've been bumpin Crooked for a week and now I dont even feel DPG.  It's like other rappers need to bring more heat to even be listenable to after Crooked I.  I really think im gonna stop playing Crooked so that I can feel other rappers again. Try it for yourself and see.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Re: I never wanna listen to Crooked I Again
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 10:12:09 AM »
i agree. Mac Dre is like this as well: Mac dre is such a dope rapper that you'll be listening to a song that's beat ain't that hot and by the end of his first verse you're dancing your ass of cause he has so much style and is a very clever lyricist to the point that you don't even realize how hyphy you're getting to it. dude's flow is bouncy, hard to explain. Download "early retirement" for a good example of mac dreezy infecting your head.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 10:23:15 AM »
thats unfortunate.

i think crooked i is a great lyricist, but a horrible song writer. i think that's why he doesn't catch on to the mainstream and his albums keep getting delayed.

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 10:50:15 AM »
thats unfortunate.

i think crooked i is a great lyricist, but a horrible song writer. i think that's why he doesn't catch on to the mainstream and his albums keep getting delayed.

Then bro u gonna be happy soon when u hear some of the shit on BOSS album. Dude gonna surprise lotta heads.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 10:52:12 AM »
yeah, i don't think crook's artistry is lacking at all. it's all on the business/politic side of things that he's an idiot.

he has many valid points in how he criticizes, but he cuts himself out of a lot of circles in his interviews.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 10:56:39 AM »
Let's just hope it'll be worth the wait when (should I say IF?) his album finally drops! People been anticipating his album ever since he signed with D.R., there's much at stake here for him.

~Loyalty Is Everything~

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 11:00:54 AM »
yeah, i don't think crook's artistry is lacking at all. it's all on the business/politic side of things that he's an idiot.

he has many valid points in how he criticizes, but he cuts himself out of a lot of circles in his interviews.

-T

I feel u, hes gonna show in this year if hes capable of droppin the LP. Lotta crucial great news are coming from the camp so be onna lookout.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2007, 11:08:24 AM »
I might listen to him, but I won't view another Crooked I dvd, not after that piece of shit that came out last year where the "extras" didnt even work

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2007, 11:13:31 AM »
Crook is one of the sickest, but "So Damn Hood" and "Still Tha Row"? LOL

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2007, 11:24:44 AM »

-T

I feel u, hes gonna show in this year if hes capable of droppin the LP. Lotta crucial great news are coming from the camp so be onna lookout.

damn if this guy is saying 'if' i don't think we'll see crooked'd lp till bush is outta office.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2007, 11:40:12 AM »

-T

damn if this guy is saying 'if' i don't think we'll see crooked'd lp till bush is outta office.

-T

What do you expect, it's Crooked I...Just be happy that downloading still exists.

EFFeX

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2007, 11:49:09 AM »
I'm gettin' a little fed up with people sayin' Crook can't write a song... he's got deep lyrics, people must be listenin' to the wrong songs. He's got stuff that WILL send chills through your spine.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2007, 11:50:14 AM »
i agree, but i bet his contract would send chills up Hammer's spine.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2007, 01:35:13 PM »
Crooked is, well for a good while was, my favorite rapper on the planet. But in the last  year or so, I have realized that there aren't many songs of his that blow me away, as Snoop, even Game, and many other rappers have. Crooked's VERSES blow you away...but he barely has any songs that I would put on a list of my favorite songs. Boom Boom Clap was hot as hell, but "So damn hood" and "Still tha Row" are 8/10 at best....well shit So damn hood is 6.5/7 at best.

Yeah he does have strong lyrics, but lyrics alone don't make great SONGS...it's about choosin the right beat, havin the hook on point even if you aren't the one on the hook, havin the concept on point, and just holdin the whole song down. Most of his songs sound more like dope underground styled tracks, and he hasn't found the balance to make a strong lyrical song that is still appealing, as rappers like Cassidy, Nas, and Sly Boogy have done.

And speakin of Sly....I think Crooked I is better by a decent distance....but he doesn't have ANY, and I mean ANY songs as good as "That's my name" or "California". Even "It's nothin" is hotter than most of Crook's songs. I only get blown away by Crooked's verses and freestyles.....the one on "Grindin" is still my favorite freestyle verse in history.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2007, 01:41:40 PM »
where's grindin released on?

sly is sick...but anyway, I've never heard a song that was just crooked I. but every song i've heard with crooked I is classic.

-T

westcoastavengers.com