Author Topic: Thoughts on Dill/Gotti2?  (Read 243 times)

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
Thoughts on Dill/Gotti2?
« on: January 21, 2007, 01:10:21 PM »
At first I thought it was lackluster. (Mainly because it being Dillinger & Young Gotti2, I expected it to be more like its precessor), but I later found out it had its highpoints and lows. DPGc Muzik, Hittin Donutz in the Streetz and the Outro were the best for me. The remake of Patrice Rushen's U Remind Me is up there too, "Say It" can go to hell, however. Basically this just seemed rushed, but the highlights proved the shit could have had some potential to be up there with its prequel, your thoughts?

Lunatic

Re: Thoughts on Dill/Gotti2?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 01:13:41 PM »
horrible man. D.P.G.C. Music is dope, then you got make me a believer, what u gone do, & push bacc are decent, but that's it for me man. album seems hella rushed. worse release next to 2002 & cali iz active.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 01:25:56 PM »
As an album its not that great, but when it came out i was just pleased to hear them rapping together again. Im expecting dogg chit to be a lot better.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Lunatic

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 01:31:30 PM »
As an album its not that great, but when it came out i was just pleased to hear them rapping together again. Im expecting dogg chit to be a lot better.

yea, I am confident dogg chit will be alot of better. The way I see it, they got 6 albums, 3 dope 1s, 3 average/wack 1s. dogg food, dillinger & gotti, & last of tha pound are dope, while 2002, dillinger & gotti II, cali iz active are avg/wack.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 01:44:19 PM »
seems Dogg Chit is them doing what they do best, and not trying to necessarily gain new audience/fanbase. I can live with that, because there are very few new cats that arent into Snoop/G-Funk that will fuck with DPG on a clear slate these days anyways.

stephen619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Pound, We Roll Thick Like One-Time
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 02:16:38 PM »
When I first heard DPGC Muzik I thought the album was gonna be FIRE, but I was fooled.

Okka

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 04:57:57 PM »
I thought it was a dope album, "Ride & Creep", "Outro (Feels Good 2 Be A DPG)" & "Cuz I'm A Gangsta" were the best tracks...

d-nice

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 05:05:08 PM »
I liked it. Cool album to cruise to. A few tracks I was not feelin but good for the most part.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2007, 08:10:44 PM »
it was cool but if you compare it to other dpg releases  it wasnt that great...

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2007, 09:03:36 PM »
This album didnt do it for me at all!  The beats were wack and mixed poorly... bottom line, he shouldve involved Mike Dean.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

WestCoasta

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2007, 09:07:30 PM »
This album didnt do it for me at all!  The beats were wack and mixed poorly

yea..

the only good tracks are:  DPGC Muzic, What U Gone Do, Push Bacc, Ride & Creep, Outro

xquistqban

• 'G'
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2007, 10:05:10 PM »
Kurupt's first verse from "Push Bacc" is actually one of my fav verses of all time.  He spits straight heat.   8)

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2007, 11:04:55 AM »
This album didnt do it for me at all!  The beats were wack and mixed poorly... bottom line, he shouldve involved Mike Dean.

yes ! mike dean and daz are a great combo.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2007, 11:11:08 AM »
mike dean adds those sharp guitars and rock production sheen to daz's already funky bassy punch...word on that...damn it's crazy that they have six records out now....I remember when I was originally active on the forum when we were all happy as fuck that D+YG came out "Oh shit they have a second record out now!" dudes have been busy! Man, what an artist can do when DR don't got 'em by the chain choker...-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2007, 11:48:52 AM »
DYG2 was dope as fuck, best release of 2005 to me...

dpgx muzik, cuz im a gangsta (MY FAV TRACC), push bacc, hittin donuts in the street, get high, riden creep, outro.

only song i didnt like was make me a beliver and that was an ok tracc, just didnt feel the beat to much

DPG albums in order

DOGG FOOD
DILLI GOTTI
DILLI GOTTI 2
--------------------
CALI IZ ACTIVE
LAST OF POUND