Author Topic: 2006-2007: NFL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>nba  (Read 1307 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
2006-2007: NFL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>nba
« on: January 22, 2007, 12:28:29 AM »
straight up! i DARE someone to debate this

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

PLANT

Re: 2006-2007: NFL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>nba
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 04:37:34 AM »
I wont debate it but you cant argue with someone who enjoys watching basketball more than football.  Not saying I havnt enjoyed the football season this year, but Ill always prefer the NBA to the NFL.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 04:42:01 AM »
I think its a fact that the NFL is the most popular sport in the US...and I believe is up there with the NHL in Canada (thats impressive)
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

wcsoldier

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 07:06:05 AM »
I was never into NFL at all... the only sports I really watch on a regular basis are soccer and B-Ball

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 08:51:55 AM »
It really depends on what you compare, and LOL how your teams are doing/how they did.

I have always liked BBall more, but some years, I'm more into football than others. I've really been more into football since bein in college, especially since ESPN shows it all day...but I still prefer BBall more.

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 09:59:36 AM »
aussie rules footbal >>> anything else.

but for me:

nfl = nba.  both are good goobly.   8)

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 10:47:09 AM »
this has been a great year for the NFL especially the playoffs,  but let's see how the Super Bowl turns out, last years NBA finals went 7 games

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 11:03:17 AM »
I'm sure you'd be saying this if the Heat didn't suck and your favorite player wasn't always injured... ::)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 12:50:51 PM »
I'm sure you'd be saying this if the Heat didn't suck and your favorite player wasn't always injured... ::)
get off my nuts Toby Herschel Goldstein

colts vs pats game >>>>>>>>>>>>any basketball game in 2006-2007
seattle vs dalls game (even though my team lost) >>>>better than any nba game this year
pats vs chargers game>>>>>>>>>>>any upset last year in the nba
saints/steelers>>>>>>any other ciderella story in the NBA
whoever wins the superbowl this year>>>>>>>>>>whoever wins the nba championship this year
LT, Peyton Manning, Chad Johnson, Larry Johnson,Drew Brees,  >>>>> Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmello Anthony, Steve Nash
Colts/Pats>>>>>>>>>>any rivalry in the NBA
Duece/Bush, Peyton/harrison, Palmer/ocho cinco, Hassleback/alexander>>>>>>Yoa/Mcgrady, Kobe/Odom, Wade/Shaq, Duncan/parker

the NFL's regular season this year has been far more competetive(<fact) and enthrawling than anything out of the nba in the last 4 years
the NFL has been less controversial
the NFL this year <<<<<<<<<<<the NBA this year
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 12:53:39 PM by Don Jacob »

Citizen-Y

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007, 01:31:54 PM »
Troy Vincent blocking a game winning field goal by Mike Vanderjagt which was recovered by Sean Taylor to setup a Redskins game winning field goal over the Cowboys was awesome.

Tony Romo botching the hold to lose the playoff game was also awesome.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007, 01:50:35 PM »

seattle vs dalls game (even though my team lost) >>>>better than any nba game this year
whoever wins the superbowl this year>>>>>>>>>>whoever wins the nba championship this year
LT, Peyton Manning, Chad Johnson, Larry Johnson,Drew Brees,  >>>>> Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmello Anthony, Steve Nash
Duece/Bush, Peyton/harrison, Palmer/ocho cinco, Hassleback/alexander>>>>>>Yoa/Mcgrady, Kobe/Odom, Wade/Shaq, Duncan/parker

the NFL's regular season this year has been far more competetive(<fact) and enthrawling than anything out of the nba in the last 4 years

Jake=Cartman. Anyone ever seen the episodes of "South Park" where Kyle beats the shit out of Cartman? 8)

LOL, just because you lost interest in the league when Shaq was no longer on your "favotire team" doesn't mean it's the same for every basketball fan out there...As a Laker fan, the season is more interesting than it has been in the last 5+ years. It's all a matter of opinion, and like other dude said, if your team is doing well or is on the verge of building a dynasty, there's nothing like following them in their path to the top...PeACe

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 02:12:41 PM »
The NBA regular season isn't even half over so how can you compare the 2?

rik

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2007, 02:43:35 PM »
Wrong

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2007, 03:06:30 PM »

Jake=Cartman. Anyone ever seen the episodes of "South Park" where Kyle beats the shit out of Cartman? 8)

LOL, just because you lost interest in the league when Shaq was no longer on your "favotire team" doesn't mean it's the same for every basketball fan out there...As a Laker fan, the season is more interesting than it has been in the last 5+ years. It's all a matter of opinion, and like other dude said, if your team is doing well or is on the verge of building a dynasty, there's nothing like following them in their path to the top...PeACe

-key words there "basketball fan". i'm not JUST a basketball fan, i'm a sports fan. sorry you don't know the pleasure of that.
-never lost interest after shaq left, nothing in the topic said that, quit being tangical (not the poster the actual word) , the NFL has been far more exciting the last two years than the NBA if you're a SPORTS fan it's pretty clear,  closer more dramatic games, deeper story lines, more classic games, less bad controversy (no new ball, bad rule changes,less unruley classless players), better competition, more balance, more history being made, i could go on FOREVER how the NFL has been better than the NBA over the past few years.  the NBA has been losing steam for a while now. the NBA has had only this the last couple of years

-kobe scoring 81
-suns overcoming a 3-1 deficit to beat the lakers
-heat beating mavs in finals after being down 0-2
-more than one player averaging over 30 points a game
-nash wins 2 mvps in a row

those are the only 'exciting things that have really happened with the league as a whole

touching on the
if your team is doing well or is on the verge of building a dynasty, there's nothing like following them in their path to the top...

that further strengthens my argument...

on the real there's only 3 or 4 teams in the NBA on the verge of building a REAL dynasty.......that means 3or 4 cities involved in the excitement of the sport. the mavs, the suns, the spurs, maybe the lakers, maybe the nuggets, being able to get that trophy.  there's not enough balance....so being a laker fan yeah it's pretty cool right now.....but if they get bounced out the playoffs am i seriously going to want to watch the playoffs that much...not really, maybe loosly but not really.

in the nfl you have the bears, the saints, the colts, the patriots, the chargers, the cowboys, the seahawks, philly,baltimore who all could have made pushes to the superbowl...and WON . then you have the bengles, the 49ers (yuck, but they're on the come up) , carolina, denver, really i can go on who all missed the playoffs but who can either make deep  runs next year in the playoffs or win it all. soooo many cities involved here.  my raiders were in last place this year and my cowboys got EMBARRASSED in the first round....but i'm STILL excited about every game like it's the cowboys in there still .....same with EVERYONE i know in LA, in bakersfield, in Santa Rosa, utah, and my relatives in newfoundland canada...... the NFL is superior to the NBA right now. no one is going to watch a the nba finals.....except the fans of the two teams in there, it's going to be Spurs/Nets ratings lol.

now NIK , please bring a logical argument here, because from the looks of it you're just getting schooled without showing me anything except that you're outrageously bias

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2007, 03:13:36 PM »
The NBA regular season isn't even half over so how can you compare the 2?

i added in last years' season as well, and playoffs....all in all that's many more for the NBA....so i'm actually being generous here