Author Topic: Bill Parcells retires........  (Read 736 times)

-CaliKid-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ^dime^
Bill Parcells retires........
« on: January 22, 2007, 09:45:41 AM »
IRVING, Texas - After four seasons, the Bill Parcells era here in Dallas is over.

The Cowboys' head coach for the last four years officially announced his resignation here Monday morning.

"I am retiring from coaching football. I want to thank Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones for their tremendous support over the last four years," Parcells said in a statement. "Also, the players, my coaching staff and others in the support group who have done so much to help. Dallas is a great city and the Cowboys are an integral part of it. I am hopeful that they are able to go forward from here."

Parcells, 65, compiled a 34-30 record with the Cowboys in the last four years, which included two first-round playoff losses.

"I am in good health and feel lucky to have been able to coach in the NFL for an extended period of time," Parcells said. "I leave the game and the NFL with nothing but good feelings and gratitude to all the players, coaches and other people that have assisted me in that regard."

The Cowboys' season, and consequently Parcells' career, ended in disappointing fashion. The Cowboys' 21-20 playoff loss to the Seahawks included a fumbled snap by quarterback and holder Tony Romo on a potential go-ahead field goal attempt late in the fourth quarter.

Had Parcells returned to the sidelines next season, it would've been his second-longest stint among his four NFL teams. He spent his eight years as a head coach with the New York Giants, leading them to a pair of Super Bowl titles in the 1986 and 1990 seasons. After taking three years off from coaching, Parcells returned to the sideline, spending the next four years in New England before a three-year stint with the New York Jets.

After leaving at the end of the 1999 season, Parcells was out of football for three years before coming to Dallas.

Since taking over, Parcells has led the Cowboys to two playoff appearances, despite losing in the first round in both 2003 and this past season. Parcells' teams were just 34-30 in his four years, but that was still quite an improvement from the 15-33 record his predecessor, Dave Campo, compiled in the three years prior to Parcells' arrival.

Parcells becomes the fourth different, but obviously the most prominent, coach to leave the Cowboys' staff this off-season. Defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer and special teams coach Bruce DeHaven both took similar positions with Atlanta and Seattle, respectively. Offensive quality control coach David Lee is now the offensive coordinator at Arkansas.

:o  :o :o :o

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
Re: Bill Parcells retires........
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 09:57:42 AM »
you surprised or something?    :laugh:

T.O. for coach!   ;)

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

WC Iz Active

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 10:32:46 AM »
Im actually surprised, I thought he would come back for another year.

Sparegeez

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 10:50:40 AM »
Good. Fuck the Cowboys.

-CaliKid-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ^dime^
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 11:45:20 AM »

Sparegeez

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 11:54:55 AM »

PLANT

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 12:29:58 PM »
that is one fine ass bitch in your sig and avatar!  DAMN!

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 12:31:33 PM »
Another team ruined by T.O.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 12:37:48 PM »
actually parcells was talking about this before to came into the picture. on another note however, hopefully we can get someone in there that can corral this team back into playoff shape,  we got the talent we've got the potential now all we need is a stable coach

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

east bay funk

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007, 01:27:05 PM »
so does this mean T O is staying?

-CaliKid-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ^dime^

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2007, 12:48:13 AM »
im not really surprised about his retirement but i thought he would give at least 1 more with Romo as his starter.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2007, 01:40:31 PM »
Good, hes not the coach he was and i hate seeing coaches or players that dont know when to quit..I dont think he relates well enuff to his players anymore

The Best of 3 Worlds

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2007, 01:51:46 PM »
Someone need's to take T.O. out back & talk to him about the rabbit's.... (Of Mice & Men style)
Take his "Gay" ass out, he's over rated.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 01:25:12 PM by Hatesrats™ »