Author Topic: disco d commits suicide...  (Read 778 times)

Michael

• Muthafuckin' Don!
disco d commits suicide...
« on: January 23, 2007, 02:27:57 PM »
SOHH has learned that producer Disco D has committed suicide last night (January 23).

Sources close to the Detroit, MI producer told SOHH that the beatmaker, who has previously produced for 50 Cent ("Ski Mak Way"), Trick Daddy ("I Pop") and Kevin Federline ("Papazao"), has committed suicide. Details regarding his death are still sketchy.

The Grammy-nominated producer had also worked with Nina Sky and Pharrell Williams, also crafted the original theme song for "VH1's Hip-Hop Honors" as well as produced TV Shows and commercials for Sprite, Best Buy and Nickelodeon's Kid's Choice Awards.

He had been working with Lil' Scrappy and Crime Mob among others, as of late. Benny Blanco, who worked with D, confirmed the suicide, but declined to comment.

"We have no comment. We send our deepest condolences," Benny told SOHH.com. "He was loved and will be truly missed."

DJ Vlad, a good friend of D, was shocked upon hearing the news.

"Disco D was a good friend of mine. I lived with him in Brazil for a couple weeks. He was a real artist," Vlad revealed. "I just talked to him a few days ago, and he told me things were hard. I tried to cheer him up. I didn't realize how hard it really was. I'm devastated right now."

Fans have already begun to log onto the producer's MySpace page to send their reagrds.

http://sohh.com/articles/article.php/10734

damn - RIP man....

GangstaBoogy

Re: disco d commits suicide...
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 02:37:20 PM »
Wow I wonder what drove him to that. RIP.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Francis Boooger

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 02:38:43 PM »
What a dumbass for letting his talent and life go to waste like that. "Ski Mask Way" was one of the best songs of 2005 even though i hate 50 Cent. RIP

Michael

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 02:39:24 PM »
"Ski Mask Way" was one of the best songs of 2005 even though i hate 50 Cent. RIP
word

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 02:50:22 PM »
What a dumbass for letting his talent and life go to waste like that. "Ski Mask Way" was one of the best songs of 2005 even though i hate 50 Cent. RIP

Youre a dumb ass for making a un educated comment.
Dude had BI-Polar disorder read into before making dumb ass statements.

Ski mask way is the shit.....

We Fly High

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 02:53:37 PM »
thats crazy, he was in our offices a few months ago, and i was just choppin it up with him. he looked/sounded like he was using a lot of drugs though, like he sounded kinda strung out and shit.. i dunno how to describe it.. but we have this bowl of candy in our lounge area, and in the 1 hour he was here, he probably had 10 lollipops..

Francis Boooger

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 03:07:00 PM »

Youre a dumb ass for making a un educated comment.
Dude had BI-Polar disorder read into before making dumb ass statements.

Ski mask way is the shit.....

I read what was posted in here and i didn't see the word bi-polar anywhere. This ain't school i don't care how educated my comments are. Nice try though you didn't know so you're a good boy.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 03:28:49 PM »
thats crazy, he was in our offices a few months ago, and i was just choppin it up with him. he looked/sounded like he was using a lot of drugs though, like he sounded kinda strung out and shit.. i dunno how to describe it.. but we have this bowl of candy in our lounge area, and in the 1 hour he was here, he probably had 10 lollipops..

shit... RIP

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 03:52:49 PM »
"Ski Mask Way" was ill as fuck. Maybe "Papazao" is what did him in?

All crude jokes aside: RIP to Disco D
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

GATMAN

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007, 04:03:41 PM »
Thats some sad shit

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2007, 04:10:31 PM »
Wow I wonder what drove him to that. RIP.

Sources close to the Detroit, MI producer told SOHH that the beatmaker, who has previously produced for 50 Cent ("Ski Mak Way"), Trick Daddy ("I Pop") and Kevin Federline ("Papazao"), has committed suicide. Details regarding his death are still sketchy.

...geez

-KIDRENEGADE-

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2007, 06:05:43 PM »

Damn.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2007, 06:16:44 PM »
RIP

suicide is not the way 2 go

everlast1986

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2007, 06:20:20 PM »
Damn, I remember reading a feature on him on a old XXL magazine. I don't understand how he did both "Ski Mask Way" and "Popozao" they sound completely different. Anyways RIP.

rik

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2007, 06:22:00 PM »
That sucks and I feel bad for his family and loved ones. But I can't bring myself to feel sorry for him or anyone that takes the cowards way out and kills themselves.