Author Topic: Rage, Chili Peppers, and Bjork @ Coachella  (Read 51 times)

mrtonguetwista

Rage, Chili Peppers, and Bjork @ Coachella
« on: January 24, 2007, 05:44:57 PM »
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Rage Against the Machine, the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Bjork are among the artists set to perform at the 2007 Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival.

The two alternative rock bands and the quirky singer-songwriter - all previous Coachella performers - will headline the April 27-29 camping and music festival at the Empire Polo Field in Indio.

Rage Against the Machine is reuniting for the festival, seven years after band members Zack de la Rocha, Tom Morello, Tim Commerford and Brad Wilk split amid chatter of internal conflict.

``For the first time in its eighth outing, Coachella expands to three days, giving concertgoers an additional day of music to experience the eclectic mix of acts for which the festival has become known,'' organizers said in a statement Monday.

Bjork will perform on Friday, the Red Hot Chili Peppers on Saturday and Rage Against the Machine on Sunday.

Other artists include Arctic Monkeys, the Arcade Fire, Interpol, Willie Nelson, the Decemberists, the Roots, the Kings of Leon, Damien Rice, Rufus Wainwright, Lupe Fiasco, Ghostface Killah, Fountains of Wayne and Regina Spektor.

Tickets go on sale Saturday. They are priced at $85 for one day and $249 for a three-day pass.

On the Net:

Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival:

http://www.coachella.com/

Sikotic™

Re: Rage, Chili Peppers, and Bjork @ Coachella
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 06:00:59 PM »
I wanna go for the Chili Peppers, Rage, Interpol, Lupe, Ghost, hell, even Willie Nelson.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 06:12:16 PM »
I'm gonna try and get tix.  I'll be in PHX by then and I can stay at my folks in Burbank.  If I don't get to see Rage when I have the chance I'll never forgive myself.

Maybe I'll see some dubcc brethren there.

ecrazy

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 12:41:42 AM »
im going, picking up my ticket tomorrow!!! WHOOP WHOOP!