Author Topic: Snoop Dogg & Dubcnn: The "Blue Carpet Interview" - Part 3 !!  (Read 2275 times)

Crip2Nite: South Central LA's HoOdSTAr

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Snoop Dogg & Dubcnn: The "Blue Carpet Interview" - Part 3 !!
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2007, 12:15:11 PM »
yeah, Nima you were right "LAX" is a huge dissapointment along with "Imagine" and most of the album itself...The traccs he did with Cube for Cube's albums were alright, but way better then what they did for his album....LOL@ him for being all defensive about it & LOL @ Snoop for thinking he's really going to release a Nine Inch Dix's album.. it'll be nothing more then a mixtape or myspace album if that...Snoop didn't take it bacc to the "hood" or make the album "gangsta" like he was preaching before the album released...Lying must be a family trait cuz him and his fat ass cousin stay lying about dumb shyt.

Nima, no way is Akon taking over Nate's spot...Nate's work on the 213 album alone is better then whatever Akon's accomplished or is going to accomplish.

Props for the interview

LOL...U Mad? Fag :laugh:
Fuck that fake ass crip Crip2nite.  Gets on my nerves how some people on these forums

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2007, 12:16:31 PM »
Dubcnn: Then we get to the next Dre record, which is “Round Here”. When I heard the beat I was like “Damn, I know this sample from somewhere!” It sounded real similar to Eminem’s beat for “Stan”.

Not to me! When I first heard it, I didn’t think about “Stan”. I don’t listen to Eminem records, no disrespect to him, but I don’t listen to Eminem’s records. I’m a gangsta.

*bumps Signs feat. Justin Timberlake*

Snoop was acting like an idiot this time. I guess he was high

I think he wasn't and that's the problem.

Kinda shitty huh? That he'd fuck with timberlake and not listen to em records whereas Em listens to snoop and doesn't fuck with timberlake.

Peep: snoop may be gangsta (about the hustle, money) but eminem is hip-hop(loves rap, has lines he won't cross in the pop world, dude is real). Call snoop out on THAT shit next time! forget LAX....damn detoxisnot, that's a GOOD fucking point! Man, I love snoop but FUCK that I'm gangsta so I don't listen to eminem shit....you are not hip hop snoop, em is and that's what the fuck is up....damn, I'm heated. props detox.

and for the record, I can barely tolerate akon.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2007, 12:17:34 PM »

Nima, no way is Akon taking over Nate's spot...Nate's work on the 213 album alone is better then whatever Akon's accomplished or is going to accomplish.

Props for the interview

Like I said in the interview, Nate Dogg to me is lightyears ahead of AKon... no matter what Akon does... but I've been seeing that comparison pop up on a lot of places so I thought I'd see what Snoop thinks of that cause he works with both.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2007, 12:17:42 PM »
Why is it that everytime i see snoop on tv doing interviews, tv shows wtv he sounds coola dn funy and every fucking time he is interviewd on Dubcnn he comes off like biggest fukcing jack ass in rap?
I swear " I dont listen to a eminem record" common plus all that defensive shit when asked question abuot his album and the songs on it....im not feeling it. Props on speaking youre mind and telling him you dint wich ever song.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2007, 12:19:35 PM »
AWWW SHIT, I thought Nima was going to have a WC moment again. Damn, LAX should be the next single.  ;D

hahahaha

So What happened with Wc i cant remember

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2007, 12:20:52 PM »
Basically when I made the LAX comment I didn't think Snoop was gonna react like that, I didn't even mean to blow it up that big! I don't hate the song, I just said a lot of people were dissapointed by the song... I don't interview Snoop to "Call him out" on stuff, which is why I'm not gonna point out every little thing I didn't like... But Snoop is just the kind of dude who doesn't care, he'll say whatever crosses is mind at that time...

And RealCity's M-O-s-T, that might be because on TV or radio or whatever he can't say whatever he wanna say, but he knows that dubcnn doesn't edit interviews so I guess he lets himself go or something.

d-nice

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2007, 12:21:36 PM »
Snoop still seems salty about Eminem working with Dre. I remember he said something to the extent that he was surprised that Em was writing for Dre. That he thought D.O.C. and himself were the only ones that could write for him and it would fit. Eminem is a dope songwriter, a little wierd at times, but dude can write. Like it or not, that Stan record was dope from a concept point of view. Round Here is still dope whether it sounds like Stan or the original Dido record.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2007, 12:23:30 PM »
i wonder why akon would get that comparison before someone like butch cassidy or kokane would...oh yeah cause they're from the west and the rap game HATEs.

snoop usually comes cool as fuck but he was whack for talkin on crooked like he did way back when and crooked was a real ass honest man when he responded with his interview like the next day. it's cool that snoop did the one blood remix with him.

and snoop was whack on thix interview...but he's often cool.

DAMN, that's realy bothering me that he made fun of em/stan like that, it almost leads me to believe that snoop doesn't even know what stan is about. he's simple minded as fuck at times.

oh and WC got all heated about that 'new west' talk, all heated.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2007, 12:24:34 PM »
Snoop still seems salty about Eminem working with Dre. I remember he said something to the extent that he was surprised that Em was writing for Dre. That he thought D.O.C. and himself were the only ones that could write for him and it would fit. Eminem is a dope songwriter, a little wierd at times, but dude can write. Like it or not, that Stan record was dope from a concept point of view. Round Here is still dope whether it sounds like Stan or the original Dido record.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORD. props. (In a fuck snoop mood today  >:( :( I need to  8) )

peace-T

westcoastavengers.com

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2007, 12:27:08 PM »

So What happened with Wc i cant remember

Here's a quote from the interview... my question was a reaction to him saying New West artists was dissing the OG's.

Dubcnn: I ain't heard about no dissing to be honest with you, I talk to a lot of the New West cats and...

Fuck what you heard, cuzz! Listen to what I'm saying, my nigga! What I'm saying is that I'm hearing a lot of niggas holler "This is the New West Coast", and I'm hearing niggas saying "Fuck them old niggas." That's what I'm hearing! I don't give a fuck what you hearing! I'm telling you what I'm hearing! What I'm saying is, it's all good, it's all West West, but if niggas got problems with niggas that's been here before them, because they can't get out there for whatever reason, labels ain't picking them up and signing them, then speak on that shit, cuzz! You throwing up the West Coast, but when you're throwing it up, you're throwing up the old W! You throwing it up the way we were throwing it up beforehand! Check the record, nigga!

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2007, 12:28:06 PM »
yeah he's mad mad about em being dre's golden child, doggystyle didn't do half the numbers the marshall mathers LP did did it?

i don't think it's cause dre's working with em and not snoop cause snoop has access to dre like em does BUT

a)em's money wise success is a little bigger
b) em's a better businessman than snoop: 50 cent/g unit
c)em's artists get more dre love than snoop's artists cause em's artists are on dre's label

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2007, 12:28:38 PM »
Btw for those saying he comes off like a asshole... From what I remember the next parts are different... I mean Snoop is Snoop, he's always been arrogant, but I don't think the next parts are as tense as this one from what I remember.

d-nice

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2007, 12:31:16 PM »
I am not mad at what Nima or Snoop said in the interview, I never really knew Snoop and I still don't, but he is really opening up on alot of things since the dubcnn interviews. I own EVERY Snoop record. Went to the store and everything. Stood in line out here in Vegas for it to drop like I am sure other people have. But what some artists got to realize is 2 things. Constructive viewpoints and alot of fans STILL BUY RECORDS. If I am paying ANY kind of money on a album, you better believe I am going to have a opinion on it. Haters, fans, all that is part of the fame. Use it to your advantage.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2007, 12:38:16 PM »
well...I mean, i said I'm in a fuck snoop mood, not fuck snoop period. I was the first to say he's usually cool....and peep, I know people who have the kind of personality and I think the way he sees it is like "I do all this for you, because of interviews with cats like me your shit is all blown up...don't come at me with nothin' negative" and we should be grateful and the half a million cats that buy his shit on the constant (re:US don't we have half a million members? sorry homey but it ain't been 2 million since drop it like it's hot) should let him know that we are. But what people like him fail to realize is that IDEAS are the great equaliser (they say education the great equalizer..) no matter how rich he is and how broke we are, how big he is and how small we are, an idea is an idea and that's what makes a discussion(and that'swhat makes forums and a large part of the information age: discussion) and snoop needs to improve his discussive ability if he wants the respect for his mind that he's always bitching that he doesn't get. all he could say about lax was hood this and commercial that...he said NOTHING specific about the melodicism, musicality, or lyricism of the song, check it: snoop has never been a calculator. None of his talent is calculated, he's just natural so he doesn't even know what it is he does that's dope, he just does it. He doesn't know what's up, he just often is what's up. This is his greatest strength and his greatest weakness.

shit maybe bishop knows of some shit with snoop with glasses on and langston hughes in his lap that will prove me wrong, but until i hear it/see it all I can do is call it like I see it.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2007, 12:39:14 PM »
He's probably not used to people criticizing him... Which I think makes him come back to dubcnn all the time..

I was afraid that that specific part of the interview would become the most talked about one... Eventhough he spoke on a lot of other shit too, but hey what can you do! Just like with the Crooked I comments he made, people forgot about the whole rest of the interview and focused on that little part lol.