Author Topic: Snoop Dogg & Dubcnn: The "Blue Carpet Interview" - Part 3 !!  (Read 2239 times)

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
Re: Snoop Dogg & Dubcnn: The "Blue Carpet Interview" - Part 3 !!
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2007, 04:05:08 PM »
PROPS for this interview.Great stuff

And I'm not at all surprised by Snoop's arrogance at times in this particular interview.He's said harsh things about his homies before (about Warren & Daz in that first interview), he did it with Soopa this time, it's a lil' weird, but not surprising.If that's his honest opinion why not speak it out?

Also, now that I think of it, I'll have to co-sign on that quote where somebody said Dre has given Snoop only leftover/remake beats for TBCT (which like Tanjibility said, IMO doesn't take the quality away at all).I still haven't checked it myself, but wasn't Boss' Life an updated Bottz beat from a Busta Rhymes song ("Everybody Rise Again")?

Props once again Nima and to the whole Dubcnn
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2007, 04:10:05 PM »
propz for the interview. enjoyed reading it.
funny that Snoop says Dre re-used his shit, talkin about Round Here sounding similar to Stan whereas Stan was not poduced by Dre, but by The 45 King.

exactly what i said.

Dnice, what game?

also, ain't it expensive as hell to live out there?

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2007, 04:17:46 PM »
Snoopy damn sure gets defensive and touchy on a lot of subjects, but for the most part, he speaks the real, and from the heart. He doesn't seem to really hold anything back. The Eminem comment was a little foolish, considering he's rocked with Mariah, JT & The Pussycat Dolls.

But Snoop made a record that he wanted to make, a record for the hood. It isn't the best album he's done, but it's one of his most personal  to me, in the same vein as The Last Meal was. He had mad underground rappers on there, and seems like he just wants them to get their shine on.

He just needs to find a good promo machine for them, not like 213 or DPG had.

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2007, 04:18:17 PM »
funny that Snoop says Dre re-used his shit, talkin about Round Here sounding similar to Stan whereas Stan was not poduced by Dre, but by The 45 King.

props, yeah I forgot that Dre didn't do that track, he produced a lot of shit on MMLP tho but not that one, I like both songs but I really don't think they sound too much alike, maybe cause Round Here doesn't have the Dido part

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2007, 04:23:33 PM »
dre adds melodies to round here that totally distinctify that shit whereas eminem's is more of a cover.

anyway, does out vault say dre sampled the song or does the BCT booklet actually credit the sample? cause maybe it's not even a sample on round here, maybe the simple and common two chord change that the guitar is playing is just what dre had that studio musician play and its coincidence...

-T

westcoastavengers.com

d-nice

« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2007, 04:38:29 PM »

exactly what i said.

Dnice, what game?

also, ain't it expensive as hell to live out there?

-T

The NBA all star game. Nah it aint that bad out here.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2007, 04:49:39 PM »
word, never dug on sports. I stopped in vegas with many friends on the way back from a hippie festival in colorado where everything was free and there was no money and food was free and capitalism just wasn't happening so i've always found Vegas disgusting because I was introduced to it in that context, it just seems so darwinistic, grimy, like everyone there just wants my moneyn all the time, like there are hooks being swung by my pockets. Like a distillation of all of man's vices right in front of me when i had just been in sunny grassy meadows with a bunch of free drugs, pot, and food and everyone loved each other and shit. but i bet if I knew where to go in Vegas, there'd be something for everyone there.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

d-nice

« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2007, 05:15:44 PM »
word, never dug on sports. I stopped in vegas with many friends on the way back from a hippie festival in colorado where everything was free and there was no money and food was free and capitalism just wasn't happening so i've always found Vegas disgusting because I was introduced to it in that context, it just seems so darwinistic, grimy, like everyone there just wants my moneyn all the time, like there are hooks being swung by my pockets. Like a distillation of all of man's vices right in front of me when i had just been in sunny grassy meadows with a bunch of free drugs, pot, and food and everyone loved each other and shit. but i bet if I knew where to go in Vegas, there'd be something for everyone there.

-T

It's cool out here, it's growing like crazy. The music scene is starting to pop out here too, and the strip clubs?  :o

PICA$$O

• Lil Geezy
  • The Best of the Best
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2007, 06:01:22 PM »
www.dubcnn.com

Dubcnn was the only media outlet last year to interview Snoop Dogg on his album release day. The interview, which became a two part epic, was stopped during the second half of the album breakdown due to time.

We have now completed the full interview and in this, Part 3 of this series, we wrap up the in-depth breakdown of "The Blue Carpet Treatment" album track by track. We also discuss those songs that did not make the album and the places they may, or may not, appear in the future. Don't miss another classic interview with Snoop where we get his feelings on the new album, how the production and guest appearances came together and much more.

Snoop Dogg & Dubcnn - The "Blue Carpet" Interview (Part 3)

Be on the lookout for Part 4 and 5 of this epic interview next week, where we discuss the new compilation album "The Bigg Squeeze," which was entirely produced by Snoop Dogg under his Niggarachi moniker, the recent appointment of JT The Bigga Figga as his VP, the independent game, get Snoop Dogg talking about Death Row and other leftover/unreleased material, ask questions submitted by his fans on our forum and so much more in our exclusive interview.
Dope ass shit...
Dont HATE
And you wont be HATED
!   !   !   !   !   !   !   !   !

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2007, 08:35:53 PM »
yo, Nima great interview and MAJOR props on telling him how it is with the LAX track, it was a huge letdown

Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2007, 09:29:24 PM »
Nima that was a great interview and im glad that you spoke the truth about LAX.When i got the album i was expecting to hear a real banger just like the one on Cubes album that they did together but it was very disapointing.The song is cool but its just not a real banger and im still not really feeling it.

D-Nice what part of Vegas you from cuz i live in Vegas and did you get any tickets for the all star game?

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2007, 10:17:01 PM »
Let's be for real......I don't think I can really think of one other website that isn't scared to ask the artists questions such as these, that DON'T deal with gossip and BS rumors. We might hear the Wendy Williams and them ask artists 100s of questions about their personal life that annoy them...but none of them are as open as DUBCNN is with their interviews, and digging deep for the truth.

I do think Snoop showed his ass in this interview by saying that about Em, and for getting offended at the "LAX" comment. Snoop should listen to the fans, since we are the ones who've supported him and helped to make him what he is. To act like he doesn't care...but then get mad when the public doesn't support something he does is very contradictory to me.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2007, 10:26:11 PM »
snoop is probably mad that eminem doesnt work with him anymoore....expect a snoop/eminem collabo in the future after snoop made these comments

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2007, 10:36:35 PM »
Snoop is a big headed person, so thats probably why he got pissed he will never admit when something is wrong unless Dr.Dre tells him,and I give props to nima for being real with the questions alot of interviews would suck his dick and shit, but Nima kept it real, and about Eminem , I think Snoop got issues, he been hating like this since  a long time now, I remember back in 2000, there was a footage of him in the studio and they were asking about adding Eminem to NWA, and he was like "this is NIGGGA with Attitude, NIgga"

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2007, 12:44:29 AM »
Let's be for real......I don't think I can really think of one other website that isn't scared to ask the artists questions such as these, that DON'T deal with gossip and BS rumors. We might hear the Wendy Williams and them ask artists 100s of questions about their personal life that annoy them...but none of them are as open as DUBCNN is with their interviews, and digging deep for the truth.

haha good looking man... but you know, it's not all up to the interviewer, if snoop was an asshole he could very well be like "u know what i dont give a shit u dont like my shit fine", the fact that he started rambling for 10 minutes shows that he did care.. but he can't admit it.. u know?