Author Topic: Something about that song WHy You Hate The Game  (Read 212 times)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Something about that song WHy You Hate The Game
« on: January 24, 2007, 03:51:50 PM »
that song is freaking FIRE!!!!!! who produced this? it sounds alot like De la Soul's "Much More" this should be a single 4 sure!

We Fly High

Re: Something about that song WHy You Hate The Game
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 03:53:14 PM »
Just Blaze with 1500 on the keys/choir.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 03:57:28 PM »
Thanks Dude!!! DOPE SONG!!!

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 04:20:09 PM »
It is, I've spent 2 of the last 3 days listening to almost only that song. That shit about "when Proof was in the booth and I recited his lines" came out of left field and really hit me, brings a tear. it's a really positive song, one of my faves at the moment. I like that these hip hop artists had the guts to break convention and make a 9 minute song too, marsha really takes over that shit by the end, great shit.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 04:20:55 PM »
and the chord progression is a common one, I've heard an RJD2 song that sounded an awful lot like it too though.

song woulda been even better if it was all live music.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 04:24:00 PM »
One of Just's best, most diverse beats. The song didn't need to be that long, but still dope as hell, as refreshing to hear on the Game album.

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 04:33:15 PM »
Just Blaze is on fire right now not too many producers seeing him right now, Timbo had a great year but mostly R & B joints, Blaze held it down as far as hiphop

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 04:33:53 PM »
Not what it way hyped up to be. The last 4 minutes are unnecesary, Game sounds uncomfortable on this. Dropped a weak verse with lines like " I fuck you rap niggas like virgins, Dre took my trainin' wheels off it's curtains." This was basically a Nas song, soulful.

He sounded way better on Hustlers, one of the best verses Ive heard from him. And it was more Game-ish.

I always thought they should switch it and put Hustlers on DA and WYHTG on HHD.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 04:39:47 PM »
how come the version i am listening to is 4:30 only?

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 04:46:28 PM »
Not what it way hyped up to be. The last 4 minutes are unnecesary, Game sounds uncomfortable on this. Dropped a weak verse with lines like " I fuck you rap niggas like virgins, Dre took my trainin' wheels off it's curtains." This was basically a Nas song, soulful.

He sounded way better on Hustlers, one of the best verses Ive heard from him. And it was more Game-ish.

I always thought they should switch it and put Hustlers on DA and WYHTG on HHD.

You the number one wet blanket.

Nah, jokes but......

The reason it's so noticeable that you hate on Game is because everything else you say on the board is so intelligent. I'm saying this as someone who sincerely values your contribution to this forum, but it's like...as soon as I saw your name under the 'last post' thing, before I even read your reply..I knew there was gonna be something negative in this post...
It's like dude, we all acknowledge game's shortcomings but those comments come across as being from someone who you used to like game alot and because you don't like him how you did you can't help but be as fervent in your criticsm of him as you were fervent in your fandom of him before. Like you're compulsively compensating for being perhaps somewhat naive in liking him before. i felt this way when i initially realized game's limitations after initially getting hyped about him. Not criticizing you, just saying my thoughts.I feel like you take a lot of credit away from game even when he deserves it just because he perhaps he gets credit he doesn't deserve in other instances which perhaps does happen but it doesn't mean he shouldn't get the credit for when he does do good work. Like i said, his last two verses really get me, and i bet that's why some other people really like the track too. The proof part especially, he seems very comfortable and even inspired on the beat, I can't help but feel it's a bias that compels you to say otherwise, but like I said, i value your contribution and respect your right to say whatever, I just couldn't help but feel your post put a damper on something i felt positive about, compelling me to say what i just did.

Hustlers doesn't have the sound of anything on DA, it's more east coast/experimental....it fits in with HHID because HHID feels very polished (unforgettable is a pristine sounding track, the pristine dre track right after is great context)

Hustlers doesn't have the funk that DA stuff has, were it more funky I'd agree with you.

why you hate the game ends game's record on a conceptual level really well cause it's one of a few tracks that isn't very dre influenced in terms of production so it's like game's paid his dues and now he can move on and progress, that's the idea i feel is communicated to me with the song.

-T
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 04:57:10 PM by Tanjibility-The West Coast Rap Amnesiac »

westcoastavengers.com

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2007, 04:51:06 PM »
"Hustlers" was way better than "Why You Hate The Game". Game did sound a hell of a lot more comfortable on it, but it was a good way to end his ( Game's ) album anyways.

late night

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007, 05:00:34 PM »
dopest track, i listen to it all the time, this and hustlers.