Author Topic: Does anyone still care about Twista?  (Read 397 times)

Narrator

Re: Does anyone still care about Twista?
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2007, 12:11:31 PM »
Never really been a big fan of Twista.  I respect him and all, but when it came to speed-rapping, I always preferred Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.  With him, it always seemed more gimmicky than anything else, whereas Bone created music that had its own kind of distinct sound (R&B/gospel-influenced).

Though I'll never forget hearing his verse on D.O.D.'s "Po Pimp" for the first time - he pretty much stole the show on a song that wasn't even his.  It's obvious how that one verse pretty much made his career.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2007, 11:21:52 AM »
he fell off a bit with his last album
hopefully he steps his game up

WC Iz Active

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2007, 12:31:31 PM »

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2007, 03:03:07 PM »
According to Sohh.com he has a new album coming out. I can't imagine many people getting too excited. Not to dis him, but he's not the kind of guy I expect many people fiend for, 'Adreniline Rush' and 'Kamikaze' aside.

Those were the 2 best tracks he's had, but his 1st album was hot, and he always rips up guest apperances. I think after the last couple years he just had got caught up in trying to be a pop star instead of an emcee that he used to be. It's sick cuz Twista fits mad bars into a verse and always has substance. that last album he had was absolute trash though.

Jakubs

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2007, 04:54:59 PM »
Twista is one of my favorite artists. I was disappointed with Kamikaze at first, but it grew on me. The Day After was a joke aside from a couple songs. I'm not too excited about the guest appearances on the new album, but it's supposed to be majority produced by Toxic and The Legendary Traxster, two producers that epitomize the Chicago sound in my opinion. If you liked his album Adrenaline Rush you need to check out Mobstability, the album he did with the Speedknot Mobstaz. I can up it if anyone wants it.
AKA: bdjac, Da Bears, Fonksta, Return Of Da Bears, Da Supa Bears, Da Bulls, Jake

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2007, 05:28:47 PM »
Guess yall havent heard "Whip Game" feat Lil Wayne..HOT!

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2007, 06:30:13 PM »
Ya'll better care about me. ;D

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2007, 06:36:11 PM »
Never did

-CaliKid-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ^dime^
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2007, 08:03:35 PM »
Never really been a big fan of Twista.  I respect him and all, but when it came to speed-rapping, I always preferred Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.  With him, it always seemed more gimmicky than anything else, whereas Bone created music that had its own kind of distinct sound (R&B/gospel-influenced).

^^^^^^^^  8)

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!

WILL-I-DIE

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2007, 12:10:36 AM »
twista dope.he has crazy spit.im sure to check out any new music from him

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2007, 10:05:22 AM »
I always thought Twista looked like a lesbian

lol

i liked him on the rassasination album and on slow jams thats it

Black Uhuru

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Rasta Still De bout
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2007, 10:26:12 AM »

westkoastanostra

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2007, 09:45:41 AM »
Twista is one of my favorite artists. I was disappointed with Kamikaze at first, but it grew on me. The Day After was a joke aside from a couple songs. I'm not too excited about the guest appearances on the new album, but it's supposed to be majority produced by Toxic and The Legendary Traxster, two producers that epitomize the Chicago sound in my opinion. If you liked his album Adrenaline Rush you need to check out Mobstability, the album he did with the Speedknot Mobstaz. I can up it if anyone wants it.

mobstibility aint got shit on adrenaline rush...

Jakubs

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2007, 05:36:27 PM »

mobstibility aint got shit on adrenaline rush...

Adrenaline Rush is still better, but Mobstability is next in line. It's easily better than any other album he's released aside from Adrenaline Rush.
AKA: bdjac, Da Bears, Fonksta, Return Of Da Bears, Da Supa Bears, Da Bulls, Jake