Author Topic: Thoughts on "Going Back To Cali" by Biggie Smalls?  (Read 889 times)

floatin_above_everything

Re: Thoughts on "Going Back To Cali" by Biggie Smalls?
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2007, 03:07:06 PM »
I mean it was a risky move at the time, and that's why alot of people hold this track in classic regards, simply because he had the balls to do it.

It might have gotten him killed in the end.

kevlar

• 'G'
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2007, 03:29:14 PM »
I mean it was a risky move at the time, and that's why alot of people hold this track in classic regards, simply because he had the balls to do it.

I remember seeing a promo for sale in some record store before it came out and reading the title and buying it b/c I wanted to hear what he had to say.  Like I was kinda shocked that he even had a song with the name Cali in it b/c the whole East/West thing was big at the time.

buying a record without listening to it first b/c you had to hear what that person had to say.  that's hip hop.
"jack of all trades
gotta get my chips
manipulate yo broad
put her up on craigs list"

Nasty Nem

• 'G'
  • HOV
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2007, 03:33:28 PM »
one of my favourites on LAD

and ya don't stop

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2007, 03:41:15 PM »

I remember seeing a promo for sale in some record store before it came out and reading the title and buying it b/c I wanted to hear what he had to say.  Like I was kinda shocked that he even had a song with the name Cali in it b/c the whole East/West thing was big at the time.

buying a record without listening to it first b/c you had to hear what that person had to say.  that's hip hop.

Too bad those days are gone now. What with 80% of the albums tracks being leaked ahead of time.

kevlar

• 'G'
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2007, 04:09:35 PM »

Too bad those days are gone now. What with 80% of the albums tracks being leaked ahead of time.

I still go out to record stores all the time to cop new shit.  And I'll buy shit that I haven't heard before.  Those days arent completely gone.

But I understand what you sayin.  Before that was the norm. hip hop wasnt so visible in the mainstream yet and technology wasnt there yet.  you were forced to buy shit if you wanted to be on top of shit.
"jack of all trades
gotta get my chips
manipulate yo broad
put her up on craigs list"

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2007, 04:12:24 PM »
^^^ True, true.

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2007, 05:38:23 PM »
one of my favorite songs..... lol @ people hating on biggy.... he had skills..... dont hate just because they had beef with 2pac

I like the going back to cali version with snoop dogg (different beat)... I dont think too many people heard it on here

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2007, 05:39:48 PM »
one of my favorite songs..... lol @ people hating on biggy.... he had skills..... dont hate just because they had beef with 2pac

I like the going back to cali version with snoop dogg (different beat)... I dont think too many people heard it on here

he collaborated with snoop or it's a remix?

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2007, 07:14:20 PM »

he collaborated with snoop or it's a remix?

-T

nah its a remix but its a brand new snoop verse

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2007, 08:30:14 PM »
its a good track...but i like the rest of the album more...classic album...isnt it kinda weird that im a big pac fan but his murder anthem long kiss goodnight  is one of my favourite songs ever
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 08:37:08 PM by Inmate »

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2007, 08:55:36 PM »
its a good track...but i like the rest of the album more...classic album...isnt it kinda weird that im a big pac fan but his murder anthem long kiss goodnight  is one of my favourite songs ever

not weird at all, both dope artists.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram