Author Topic: WTF !! FUCK THE NBA , KOBE SUSPENDED FOR TONIGHT GAME  (Read 2748 times)

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: WTF !! FUCK THE NBA , KOBE SUSPENDED FOR TONIGHT GAME
« Reply #150 on: February 01, 2007, 01:55:33 AM »
Kobe was trying to draw a foul and smacked Ginobli in the face. He didn't try to do it, and he certainly didn't deserve a suspension, but the fact of the matter is he flung his arm out and hit a player in the face trying to fake out the refs so they would call a foul. As I recall NIK, you were making fun of Wade for the exact same thing, but Kobe did it here and you take his side.

He didn't fake out shit, he was tryna create contact, players do this all the time...LOL.

But Ginobli cleanly blocked Kobe. There is no way in hell the refs were going to call a foul, so Kobe tried to make it look like Ginobli ran into him. That seems to be the only logical explanation since Kobe's motion was completely and utterly unnatural. The only other way Kobe's arm would flail like that is if he got fouled and that was not the case at all. There was a good distance between Ginobli and Kobe.

Man keep in mind it lasted less than a fucking second. Kobe's reaction to the blocked shot was to protect the ball with the right hand (he grabs the ball with the left), cause he knew Manu was there ready to steal it. He's creating space AND he's searching for a contact at the same time. Less than a second. It was an automatic movement, he didn't even had time to think about it. He's def not intentionally trying to hit Manu. And even if he's faking a contact or tying to make it looks like Manu hitted him, it still doesn't change a thing. The contact is unintentional.

The contact is unintentional yet he was searching for contact? That doesn't make sense at all. No, he definately wasn't trying to hit Ginobli, especially the way he did, but he was trying to make it look like he got fouled.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #151 on: February 01, 2007, 02:02:05 AM »
Kobe was trying to draw a foul and smacked Ginobli in the face. He didn't try to do it, and he certainly didn't deserve a suspension, but the fact of the matter is he flung his arm out and hit a player in the face trying to fake out the refs so they would call a foul. As I recall NIK, you were making fun of Wade for the exact same thing, but Kobe did it here and you take his side.

He didn't fake out shit, he was tryna create contact, players do this all the time...LOL.

But Ginobli cleanly blocked Kobe. There is no way in hell the refs were going to call a foul, so Kobe tried to make it look like Ginobli ran into him. That seems to be the only logical explanation since Kobe's motion was completely and utterly unnatural. The only other way Kobe's arm would flail like that is if he got fouled and that was not the case at all. There was a good distance between Ginobli and Kobe.

Man keep in mind it lasted less than a fucking second. Kobe's reaction to the blocked shot was to protect the ball with the right hand (he grabs the ball with the left), cause he knew Manu was there ready to steal it. He's creating space AND he's searching for a contact at the same time. Less than a second. It was an automatic movement, he didn't even had time to think about it. He's def not intentionally trying to hit Manu. And even if he's faking a contact or tying to make it looks like Manu hitted him, it still doesn't change a thing. The contact is unintentional.

The contact is unintentional yet he was searching for contact? That doesn't make sense at all. No, he definately wasn't trying to hit Ginobli, especially the way he did, but he was trying to make it look like he got fouled.

Man to search for a contact is not illegal. And to make it look like he got fouled is not illegal. What i'm saying is that Kobe acted on instinct after he got blocked and by instinct, in less than a second, he moved the right hand that way. It doesn't even really matter why. The only thing that matters is that he doesn't want to hit Manu Ginobili in the fact to almost break his nose and shit. That's what the NBA should have considered. Nothing more. But 3 refs already did it.

And yes, they could have considered it a foul by Kobe (nobody had possession of the ball at that moment), but they didn't.

To me, it all ends there.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 02:04:01 AM by Antonio »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #152 on: February 01, 2007, 02:08:17 AM »
If you run into someone with your arms up and even brush their arm on their way down, going by the rule-book, it's a foul. Refs tend to not make that call to decide games, but it's still a foul...PeACe

No it's not. It's a foul if there's a contact. And there's no contact there. Simple as that. Anyway it was so hard to be seen that it looked like a contact in the first place. Those are not the things that makes me mad, man. A ref can make a mistake like this one. The thing that makes me mad is the NBA changing the decision of 3 refs.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #153 on: February 01, 2007, 02:10:38 AM »
^^That's what Kobe was tryna do, since Ginboli was running into him...It's possible to create a foul that way.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #154 on: February 01, 2007, 02:11:33 AM »

Man to search for a contact is not illegal. And to make it look like he got fouled is not illegal. What i'm saying is that Kobe acted on instinct after he got blocked and by instinct, in less than a second, he moved the right hand that way. It doesn't even really matter why. The only thing that matters is that he doesn't want to hit Manu Ginobili in the fact to almost break his nose and shit. That's what the NBA should have considered. Nothing more. But 3 refs already did it.

And yes, they could have considered it a foul by Kobe (nobody had possession of the ball at that moment), but they didn't.

David Stern released a press release saying he was going to crack down a players "flopping", or in other words, faking a foul. Both you and I know Kobe wasn't trying to hurt anyone, but he was trying to make it look like he got fouled. You'd think after Stern made a press release like that, Kobe wouldn't make something like that so obvious, but he did.

ecrazy

« Reply #155 on: February 01, 2007, 02:13:03 AM »
more excuses from laker fans, i think they are trying to build this blanket of conspiracies and stories on how the league and refs are anti lakers so that they can have a cover to when things dont go well for them (playoffs, not winning division, losing in the first round, etc. )
i think its really lame. Like seriously, Star Trek Nerd lame

Man i'm a Laker fan too. And i ain't talking about a conspiracy. Jacob is a Laker fan, and he ain't talking about a conspiracy.
But shit man, according to you we should just accept it and say "thank you NBA" not to be considered "dickriders" and shit?
LOL. It's a doubt situation. Everybody is saying how he sees it. Relax.
AND... it's not like the NBA is showing Kobe love anyway... it's pretty obvious they hate on him.
So i understand NIK & Co. talking about a conspiracy against the Lakers.
It's an NBA fault, not a Laker fans fault.
But a Vast Majority thinks like little elior. Really, in all honesty, i dont think he should have been banned, but dude did do that on purpose. Maybe a fine would have done well, but dude DID IT ON PURPOSE! there is evidence of him doing SOMETHING unusual, so i dont see the arguments people have and the need to call the NBA front offices.
Kobe is not exempt from anything, he's not being blackballed or anything, its just that he's such a looked up to star that people seem to think that the whole NBA should revolve around him. If this were to happen to a 12th man deep reserve player, at the end of the game, there wouldnt be an outcry.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #156 on: February 01, 2007, 02:17:01 AM »
more excuses from laker fans, i think they are trying to build this blanket of conspiracies and stories on how the league and refs are anti lakers so that they can have a cover to when things dont go well for them (playoffs, not winning division, losing in the first round, etc. )

Man i'm a Laker fan too. And i ain't talking about a conspiracy. Jacob is a Laker fan, and he ain't talking about a conspiracy.
But shit man, according to you we should just accept it and say "thank you NBA" not to be considered "dickriders" and shit?
AND... it's not like the NBA is showing Kobe love anyway... it's pretty obvious they hate on him.
But a Vast Majority thinks like little elior. Really, in all honesty, i dont think he should have been banned, but dude did do that on purpose. Maybe a fine would have done well, but dude DID IT ON PURPOSE! there is evidence of him doing SOMETHING unusual, so i dont see the arguments people have and the need to call the NBA front offices.
Kobe is not exempt from anything, he's not being blackballed or anything, its just that he's such a looked up to star that people seem to think that the whole NBA should revolve around him. If this were to happen to a 12th man deep reserve player, at the end of the game, there wouldnt be an outcry.

He meant to hurt Manu on purpose? He was willing to jepordize the game with a flagarant foul at the buzzer just to hit Manu in the face out of nowhere? He did it on purpose even though Manu and the Spurs said he didn't?...Where the fuck do you get your logic from? You sound worse than Stu Jackson, man... :-X

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #157 on: February 01, 2007, 02:18:24 AM »

David Stern released a press release saying he was going to crack down a players "flopping", or in other words, faking a foul. Both you and I know Kobe wasn't trying to hurt anyone, but he was trying to make it look like he got fouled. You'd think after Stern made a press release like that, Kobe wouldn't make something like that so obvious, but he did.

He wasn't tryna make it look like he was fouled, he was tryna CREATE a foul, Kobe does this ALL the time...You don't watch him play if you don't know this.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #158 on: February 01, 2007, 02:22:22 AM »

There are situations where a player is slightly touched and he make it looks like he's dying on the floor. There are situations where players flops on the floor with no contact at all (Wade..). There are situations where players are hitted 1 or 2 times during a lay-up and they don't call it a foul. There are situations where players who shoot makes an unnatural movement to search for a contact or to fake a contact. It's been like this since the first day in the NBA, lol. It's not like this is a new thing. Imho it should be ruled by the refs. They're the ones to blame. The NBA - Stern - should talk to the refs giving them the message to not help players who usually do those dirty things (ex. Wade). Instead they're helping Wade faking fouls and they're punishing Kobe, a player who normally gets fouled and who doesn't get the same respect by the refs Wade do. That's some real bullshit, man. Stern can say what the fuck he wants but:

a) that movement was done by instinct, and you cant suspend someone because of that
b) they don't apply the same "rule" against LeBron, Wade, etc..
c) the refs, to me, are the only one who should judge those situations. ON THE FLOOR.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #159 on: February 01, 2007, 02:24:54 AM »

Try to see it from another prospective: Cook did something similiar in the last game. The NBA didn't give a fuck. Why?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #160 on: February 01, 2007, 02:29:13 AM »

Try to see it from another prospective: Cook did something similiar in the last game. The NBA didn't give a fuck. Why?

Yea, and Cook came down on Frye when he was actually in front of him, so he could see EXACTLY what he was doing...

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #161 on: February 01, 2007, 02:36:33 AM »
He wasn't tryna make it look like he was fouled, he was tryna CREATE a foul, Kobe does this ALL the time...You don't watch him play if you don't know this.

No I don't watch him play because I don't like the Lakers. I thought this was already established. But if you look at the play, after he was blocked, Ginobli and Kobe were nowhere close enough to each other for a foul to be called and you know it. SO he was trying to "create" a foul by dropping his arm and make contact with Ginobli which would be considered a flop.

There are situations where a player is slightly touched and he make it looks like he's dying on the floor. There are situations where players flops on the floor with no contact at all (Wade..). There are situations where players are hitted 1 or 2 times during a lay-up and they don't call it a foul. There are situations where players who shoot makes an unnatural movement to search for a contact or to fake a contact. It's been like this since the first day in the NBA, lol. It's not like this is a new thing. Imho it should be ruled by the refs. They're the ones to blame. The NBA - Stern - should talk to the refs giving them the message to not help players who usually do those dirty things (ex. Wade). Instead they're helping Wade faking fouls and they're punishing Kobe, a player who normally gets fouled and who doesn't get the same respect by the refs Wade do. That's some real bullshit, man. Stern can say what the fuck he wants but:

a) that movement was done by instinct, and you cant suspend someone because of that
b) they don't apply the same "rule" against LeBron, Wade, etc..
c) the refs, to me, are the only one who should judge those situations. ON THE FLOOR.

A. Instinct my ass. How is flailing your arm instinct? He was trying to draw a foul that was not there and got caught.

B. Let's whine some more about other players. ::) I root for the Timberwolves so I know all about disappointment. The Lakers are a dynasty with several championships under their belt. No Laker fan has anything to bitch about.

C. Sometimes the refs aren't in position to make the correct call. Look at the NFL and the replay review. It's called "human error". It happens all the time.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #162 on: February 01, 2007, 02:46:02 AM »
Yes, I can see you don't watch him play... Kobe had no idea whether Manu's momentum would carry him into Kobe, so dropping his arms in that situation to create contact with a player running towards him is actually a smart move, which he's used in the past to draw fouls. What's so hard to get about this? It's not flopping. Flopping is when someone doesn't foul you and you fall down, pretending they hit you... 2 completely different things.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #163 on: February 01, 2007, 02:54:28 AM »
Yes, I can see you don't watch him play... Kobe had no idea whether Manu's momentum would carry him into Kobe, so dropping his arms in that situation to create contact with a player running towards him is actually a smart move, which he's used in the past to draw fouls. What's so hard to get about this? It's not flopping. Flopping is when someone doesn't foul you and you fall down, pretending they hit you... 2 completely different things.

Okay, okay, whatever. This is getting ridiculous. Kobe didn't deserve to be suspended, but by him trying to "create" a foul, he minorly injured another player, which as it turns out, wasn't a smart play no matter how you look at it.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #164 on: February 01, 2007, 09:00:12 AM »

Okay, okay, whatever. This is getting ridiculous. Kobe didn't deserve to be suspended, but by him trying to "create" a foul, he minorly injured another player, which as it turns out, wasn't a smart play no matter how you look at it.

Man maybe i ain't explaining it well enought: the doubt is if it was a foul or not. That movement is not natural (i mean you don't shoot the ball like that), but no matter why he did it, for sure he didn't do it to intentionally hurt Ginobili.

So...

1) THE REFS SAID IT WASN'T A KOBE BRYANT FOUL.
2) IT WASN'T INTENTIONAL.

Case closed. It's a decision done by the refs. Let's go ahead. The only problem is the NBA changing everything. Point 1 and point 2.