Author Topic: WTF !! FUCK THE NBA , KOBE SUSPENDED FOR TONIGHT GAME  (Read 2752 times)

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Re: WTF !! FUCK THE NBA , KOBE SUSPENDED FOR TONIGHT GAME
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2007, 05:13:11 PM »
Fuck it, we'll just have to win without Kobe..
it already happened bro's, let the NBA fuck themself.

this was gonna be the biggest game @ the garden this year, & They just fucked the fan's w/no vasaline.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2007, 05:17:25 PM »
Granted, this vid isn't the NBA, but it was every bit as controversial to those who follow Big XII basketball.  Just a couple weeks ago Oklahoma was playing Texas Tech.  OU's Longar Longar was trying to clear out when he had the ball and cracked the defender right in the face.  He said it was unintentional, and was suspended for 2 games.  Agreed that basketball is a physical sport, but I think they're trying to have players have some accountability for what they do on the court.

And all the OU boards are still crying about a conspiracy too.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rqsgD8ybQ00" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/rqsgD8ybQ00</a>

How is that the same, dude? Longar swung the ball into dudes face right in front of him. Kobe was looking at the basket the whole time during the play, he was caught in the air falling backwards all while tryna make a basket, of course he's gunna swing his arms out, he ALWAYS does that... it's clear to everyone that he didn't wanna hurt Ginobli, he was concentrating on making the basket all while time was expiring, any moron who's ever played the game should know where his mind was at that time...Can't believe ya'll hate Kobe so much that you're not even against this. :grumpy:

It's the same because A) LL swore it was unintentional B) It was an elbow to the face.  Now they were both doing different things, but clearing out using your elbows is done in every game.  So it's very likely that its incidental contact, and difficult / impossible to prove it was malicious.  In fact it's much more common than smashing the shit outta somebody's face on a follow through on a jumper.    But the bottom line is that he got suspended for two games for making a basketball move. 

So getting suspended for a game for what Kobe did isn't a tragedy or a conspiracy.  Shit like this happens all the time.  You guys only take notice when it affects your team.

To Jrome. Well Melo punched a player causing a brawl. KG swung at a player. There isn't any indisputable evidence that Kobe did that on purpose.

The brawl was WELL underway before Melo threw the punch.  Nate Robinson is more responsible for what happened in NY than anybody.  Hell you could probably name 3 other guys more responsible for what happened than Melo, including Isiah.

Here's whats clearly happening in my opinion.  When a superstar in the league fucks up, they're gonna throw the book HARD.  They have to be hardest on the stars in situations like this because those are the ones that get all the pub.  Nobody gives a fuck if Nate Robinson or Antonio McDyess get suspended.  But KG, Melo, and Kobe?  They are THE ELITE players in the league and they are constantly under a microscope.  So if those guys fuck up in the slightest, they're gonna pay.  It's not just Kobe / Lakers that this happens to.

So why don't they at least act fair! If this deserves a suspension, so do tons of other things on a gamely basis. Do you honestly believe this deserved a suspension? Do you honestly believe Wade woulda' gotten a suspension over something like this? Or how bout a trip to the line? Bottom line, this is COMPLETE bullshit. Laker fans are being screwed left and right. No denying it...PeACe

Doggystylin

« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2007, 05:25:17 PM »
this is unbelieveable, seriously i thought the officiating on kobe was ridiculous but this? they're going too far with this

ecrazy

« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2007, 06:01:16 PM »
I was watching the game when it happened and I thought it def should have been called when he did it.  Watch the replay - it def wasn't his natural follow through the way he flailed his arms.  Now granted, he might have just been flopping and inadvertantly smashed manu in the face, that I can't call. 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-a7TGrVIu3o" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-a7TGrVIu3o</a>

How come you guys aren't bitching about KG's suspension the other night?  What about Melo for getting however many games for throwing one punch?  There must be a grand conspiracy against those guys as well.

And LMMFAO @ NIK screaming and crying like someone killed his mom.  And then you call the NBA???  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  It's a fucking basketball game - get a life.
I agree with everything you just said, especially the last sentence, LMAO!!!
Big ups to Jrome for posting the video. CLEAR & Obviously Conclusive. I dont know why there even is an argument, seriously.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2007, 06:47:49 PM »
Granted, this vid isn't the NBA, but it was every bit as controversial to those who follow Big XII basketball.  Just a couple weeks ago Oklahoma was playing Texas Tech.  OU's Longar Longar was trying to clear out when he had the ball and cracked the defender right in the face.  He said it was unintentional, and was suspended for 2 games.  Agreed that basketball is a physical sport, but I think they're trying to have players have some accountability for what they do on the court.

And all the OU boards are still crying about a conspiracy too.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rqsgD8ybQ00" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/rqsgD8ybQ00</a>

How is that the same, dude? Longar swung the ball into dudes face right in front of him. Kobe was looking at the basket the whole time during the play, he was caught in the air falling backwards all while tryna make a basket, of course he's gunna swing his arms out, he ALWAYS does that... it's clear to everyone that he didn't wanna hurt Ginobli, he was concentrating on making the basket all while time was expiring, any moron who's ever played the game should know where his mind was at that time...Can't believe ya'll hate Kobe so much that you're not even against this. :grumpy:

It's the same because A) LL swore it was unintentional B) It was an elbow to the face.  Now they were both doing different things, but clearing out using your elbows is done in every game.  So it's very likely that its incidental contact, and difficult / impossible to prove it was malicious.  In fact it's much more common than smashing the shit outta somebody's face on a follow through on a jumper.    But the bottom line is that he got suspended for two games for making a basketball move. 

So getting suspended for a game for what Kobe did isn't a tragedy or a conspiracy.  Shit like this happens all the time.  You guys only take notice when it affects your team.

To Jrome. Well Melo punched a player causing a brawl. KG swung at a player. There isn't any indisputable evidence that Kobe did that on purpose.

The brawl was WELL underway before Melo threw the punch.  Nate Robinson is more responsible for what happened in NY than anybody.  Hell you could probably name 3 other guys more responsible for what happened than Melo, including Isiah.

Here's whats clearly happening in my opinion.  When a superstar in the league fucks up, they're gonna throw the book HARD.  They have to be hardest on the stars in situations like this because those are the ones that get all the pub.  Nobody gives a fuck if Nate Robinson or Antonio McDyess get suspended.  But KG, Melo, and Kobe?  They are THE ELITE players in the league and they are constantly under a microscope.  So if those guys fuck up in the slightest, they're gonna pay.  It's not just Kobe / Lakers that this happens to.

So why don't they at least act fair! If this deserves a suspension, so do tons of other things on a gamely basis. Do you honestly believe this deserved a suspension? Do you honestly believe Wade woulda' gotten a suspension over something like this? Or how bout a trip to the line? Bottom line, this is COMPLETE bullshit. Laker fans are being screwed left and right. No denying it...PeACe

Well we can speculate all we want about what would have happened if it was Wade this happened to, but it's just speculation.  But here's something else I've been thinking too:  IF Kobe was flopping, wouldn't he have bitched to the ref's that he was fouled on the play?  You know, like when he bricked that dunk at the end of regulation he was jumpin up and down and screaming at the refs, but it didn't matter because he was bailed out by that three?  On this play, he obviously gets stuffed by Manu and flails his arms in what could either be frustration or an attempt at a flop.  But if it's a flop, he doesn't fall down, he doesn't complain of a foul which would make sense if he was indeed flopping.  It looks more to me like he got stuffed and flailed his arms in frustration.

Again, there's really no way to say if he was malicious or not.  But I can see how someone could watch the tape and think it was.  Just how I could see how someone could watch that OU vid and think it was malicious and someone else watching could say it was completely incidental.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2007, 07:10:33 PM »
^^Dude, you sound like a straight up hater. Why would Kobe purposely hit Ginobli in the face, what would he have against him? Kobe wasn't flopping, he was tryna draw contact like he always does when someone runs into him tryna block the shot, Kobe is KNOWN for flailing his arms like that when he gets bumped or blocked, it's even in that one "ballerina" pic ya'll use to clown him...Ginobli made contact with Kobe just as much as Kobe made contact with Ginobli, anyone who is siding with the league on this is either a mad hater or flat out insane...Jrome, check who's agreeing with you, it's only E-Crazy. You should feel embarrassed for that alone...Tonight, Brian Cook clocked Channine Frye in the eye on a follow through, causing Frye to lose his contact. based on the NBAs new precedence they've set with this low, Cook can now be suspended. Imagine if something like this happened in the finals...GREAT. The NBA can easily decide any game they want... :-\

ecrazy

« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2007, 07:16:48 PM »
^^why cant you just accept the truth kid? seriously, conspiracy theories, calling the league OFFICES! seriously, you need to grow up and let things go, learn to accept things that are TRUE, kobe did hit the dude, you really have no argument

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2007, 07:20:46 PM »
^^Just because you can't understand what I'm typing doesn't mean I have no arguments. Guys get hit in this game all the time, it's a MANS sport. Of course you wouldn't understand this, cuz you're a dumb faggot.

Jakubs

« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2007, 07:27:03 PM »
Yeah I am a Bulls fan and that elbow was not flagrant. It's like the NBA has something against Kobe. He be getting murdered in these games with no call and something like this gets him suspended?

Co-sign.
AKA: bdjac, Da Bears, Fonksta, Return Of Da Bears, Da Supa Bears, Da Bulls, Jake

ecrazy

« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2007, 07:29:59 PM »
^^Just because you can't understand what I'm typing doesn't mean I have no arguments. Guys get hit in this game all the time, it's a MANS sport. Of course you wouldn't understand this, cuz you're a dumb faggot.
LMAO @ you thinking your a man, calling the NBA LEAGUE OFFICES JUST BECAUSE YOUR TRUE Love kobe doesnt get to play....
you still work for your dad, when you get out on your own, come back to me and tell me your a man, your nothing but a kobe stan, fuck outta here

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2007, 07:40:38 PM »
^^Yea, I "work for my dad", just like you aren't a stupid faggot... You know what else it's just like? Like Ginobli and Popovich lying about the hit being unintentional because they love Kobe enough to have his back when he purposely busts Ginobli's mouth open. E-Crazy, you've already proven you're a dumb fag, there's nothing more for you in here, please get out of this thread.

ecrazy

« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2007, 07:45:32 PM »
^ i dont trust laker biast sports radio shows, and anything from kobe stans. you officially tattooed that kobe dick on your forehead with this one, seriously, CALLING THE LEAGUE OFFICE? hahaha, anyway, i digress
but yeah, your only response is "your a fag" you have nothing, laker biast sports radio aint shit, there is PROOF IN THE VIDEO!!!!!
EVERY sports media outlet replayed it, you have NOTHING! ACCEPT IT! only person throwing a fit are groupies

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2007, 07:48:14 PM »
^^Dude, you sound like a straight up hater. Why would Kobe purposely hit Ginobli in the face, what would he have against him? Kobe wasn't flopping, he was tryna draw contact like he always does when someone runs into him tryna block the shot, Kobe is KNOWN for flailing his arms like that when he gets bumped or blocked, it's even in that one "ballerina" pic ya'll use to clown him...Ginobli made contact with Kobe just as much as Kobe made contact with Ginobli, anyone who is siding with the league on this is either a mad hater or flat out insane...Jrome, check who's agreeing with you, it's only E-Crazy. You should feel embarrassed for that alone...Tonight, Brian Cook clocked Channine Frye in the eye on a follow through, causing Frye to lose his contact. based on the NBAs new precedence they've set with this low, Cook can now be suspended. Imagine if something like this happened in the finals...GREAT. The NBA can easily decide any game they want... :-\

Where, anywhere in my thread am I hating?  I'm saying I can see how someone could construe what happened as malicious.  As I've said in every post, I think it's impossible to tell for sure either way.  I've also illustrated that things like this happen and have even gotten more severe penalties.  Just because I don't agree with you doesn't make me a hater.  Just because I'm arguing the other side doesn't make me a hater.  I've justified everything I've said and backed it up with facts.  If doing that makes me a Kobe hater in your mind then that's bitchmade.

My main point isn't if he's innocent or not.  Or even if I'd suspend him or not.  My point is that it's not a completely baseless decision, and there is precedence for the ruling.

It's like I said here eariler, Stu Jackson / David Stern have proven that they throw the book at superstars: 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2007, 08:22:20 PM »
Jrome, that's a point of emphasis, if you can't tell that it was on purpose, and the opposing player and coach say it was inadvertent (and even ask the league not to take action) then how is it rational to suspend him? Think about that one...And did you see the Laker game today? If so, did you see the last shot by Brian Cook? Same exact thing happened...Will the NBA suspend Cook now? They've set the standard very low if this is what they're gunna call a suspension, and even you have to acknowledge that...

And to the faggot, notice how no one quoted reply 36...I've been done with you.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 08:26:40 PM by Now_I_Know »

ecrazy

« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2007, 08:24:20 PM »
Jrome, that's a point of emphasis, if you can't tell that it was on purpose, and the opposing player and coach say it was inadvertent (and even ask to league not to take action) then how is it rational to suspend him? Think about that one...And did you see the Laker game today? If so, did you see the last shot by Brian Cook? Same exact thing happened...Will the NBA suspend Cook now? They've set the standard very low if this is what they're gunna call a suspension, and even you have to acknowledge that...

And to the faggot, notice how no one quoted reply 36...I've been done with you.
your pathetic, mommy and daddy must be so proud of little elior! Kobe's biggest fan!!