Author Topic: WTF !! FUCK THE NBA , KOBE SUSPENDED FOR TONIGHT GAME  (Read 2753 times)

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
Re: WTF !! FUCK THE NBA , KOBE SUSPENDED FOR TONIGHT GAME
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2007, 08:33:50 PM »
just saw the foul from kobe and must say that it did not look intentional
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2007, 08:37:25 PM »
I think they should suspend brian cook for that smack to the eye against that fool on the knicks.
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2007, 08:42:38 PM »
Jrome, that's a point of emphasis, if you can't tell that it was on purpose, and the opposing player and coach say it was inadvertent (and even ask the league not to take action) then how is it rational to suspend him? Think about that one...And did you see the Laker game today? If so, did you see the last shot by Brian Cook? Same exact thing happened...Will the NBA suspend Cook now? They've set the standard very low if this is what they're gunna call a suspension, and even you have to acknowledge that...

And to the faggot, notice how no one quoted reply 36...I've been done with you.

I'm saying that it can't be proven either way.  It could very easily be construed as malicious, just as it could easily be justified that it was inadvertant.  I'm arguing that this isn't the first time things like this have happened and have resulted in suspensions.  With that being the situation, I fail to see the conspiracy.  Suspensions are very controversial because people inevitably say "well so and so did this, why wasn't he suspended?"  I guarantee you that people in Denver were BEYOND belligerent when Melo got suspended for as long as he did.  They're coming down VERY hard on these guys across the board - I don't see it as picking on Kobe in this situation.

reguLAtor

• 'G'
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2007, 11:44:25 PM »
^^Just because you can't understand what I'm typing doesn't mean I have no arguments. Guys get hit in this game all the time, it's a MANS sport. Of course you wouldn't understand this, cuz you're a dumb faggot.
LMAO @ you thinking your a man, calling the NBA LEAGUE OFFICES JUST BECAUSE YOUR TRUE Love kobe doesnt get to play....
you still work for your dad, when you get out on your own, come back to me and tell me your a man, your nothing but a kobe stan, fuck outta here
GO and check out some NON-Laker team message boards and see if there isn't a shitload of NON-Laker fans saying this suspension is uncalled for.  It's not about Kobe "dick-riding", (you seem to have somewhat of a fetish with Kobe's dick by the way)  it's about justice and fairness in a game a lot of us enjoy watching.

Even when I was 10 years old and playing dodgeball or basketball or ANY game, cheating and playing unfairly sucked and this is much of the same.  The league has an agenda for and against a lot of players and teams and shit like THIS just perpetuates the situation.  Fans from ALL OVER are starting to see this and are letting it be known that they're not going to accept it.  (See last years NBA Finals) People shell out a lot of money to go to games and buy NBA merchandise and they'll be damned if they are spending hard earned money on a manufactured game.

Sports is a form of entertainment... but don't insult the players, the game and the fans.  Preserve SOME of the fuckin purity of the game and let the players decide the outcomes.The NBA isn't the WWF, yet.  SO until Stern and Vince McMahon form some kind of sick alliance and merge the two "sports" get used to people standing up for what they feel is right, whether you like it or not.  I guess someone with a World Wrestling championship belt in their sig is something of a wrestling fan...so the line between sports and entertainment may be a bit blurry for you. 

ecrazy

« Reply #79 on: January 31, 2007, 12:19:57 AM »
^ha, where was the justice when horry went up for the winning 3 and kobe smacked his hand then afterwards stuck his tongue out taunting him for not getting caught? fuckin hypocrital idiot......
LOOK AT THE VIDEO! If you shot a ball, afterwards would you throw your arm almost to your waist to draw a foul when your shot is almost above your head??? you all have no case at all!!!!

reguLAtor

• 'G'
« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2007, 12:25:51 AM »
Then I guess 90% of the ESPN staff is wrong too, and they're notorious for their bias AGAINST Kobe.  LeBron is their man.  And that no call on Horry was a make-up call for when Kobe got fouled by Duncan on the dunk attempt. 

The way I see it,Kobe was off balance and at that point it's a free ball . he's trying to get to it and regain possession.  You can try and fight the fight all you want dude, but you're seriously outnumbered here.  Only the biggest Kobe haters are calling it the other way. 

ecrazy

« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2007, 12:33:04 AM »
I aint a kobe hater, kobe is one of the greatest players in the league right now, i wanted him to sign with the clippers. but you cant deny the obvious. ESPN Staff, ABC staff and FSN staff all replayed the blow after the game, everyone knew there was something up with that, and they all knew kobe cost the spurs the early win, and he was upset at being blocked so he thru his arm out to make some kinda contact against manu, and then afterwards he walked away acting like he didnt give a fuck. there is no factual argument any laker fan has, everything your saying is fabricated lies you all want to believe.

reguLAtor

• 'G'
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2007, 12:36:43 AM »
I aint a kobe hater, kobe is one of the greatest players in the league right now, i wanted him to sign with the clippers. but you cant deny the obvious. ESPN Staff, ABC staff and FSN staff all replayed the blow after the game, everyone knew there was something up with that, and they all knew kobe cost the spurs the early win, and he was upset at being blocked so he thru his arm out to make some kinda contact against manu, and then afterwards he walked away acting like he didnt give a fuck. there is no factual argument any laker fan has, everything your saying is fabricated lies you all want to believe.

I respect that you didn't come at me with some childish name calling shit.  You could have easily taken my words as disrespect so I have to give u some credit.  However, Manu and Popovich even stated that they felt it was incidental contact and the suspension was undeserved.  I guess you and I ( and 95% of the general public ) can agree to disagree. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2007, 10:29:08 AM »

This dumbass keeps speaking out of his ass. "he walked away like he didn't give a fuck"...LMAO. Kobe walked up to Ginobli to check if he was okay right after it happened. He also texted Bruce Bowen the following morning to see if Manu was alright (this was before the suspension)...The NBA called Kobe asking what happened, he explained the situation and that it was incidental, a move Kobe always makes with contact. They then called Manu, he explained it the same way and asked the league not to take action...Next thing you know, Kobe's suspended...LMAO@people who think it woulda' happened the same to any other player....Kobe gets no respect. Ya'll haters KNOW it, but you hate to admit it...Don't be a bitch and stop siding with David Stern when the whole world INCLUDING Kobe-haters are saying this is absurd. That's disgusting...PeACe

ecrazy

« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2007, 10:32:01 AM »

This dumbass keeps speaking out of his ass. "he walked away like he didn't give a fuck"...LMAO. Kobe walked up to Ginobli to check if he was okay right after it happened. He also texted Bruce Bowen the following morning to see if Manu was alright (this was before the suspension)...The NBA called Kobe asking what happened, he explained the situation and that it was incidental, a move Kobe always makes with contact. They then called Manu, he explained it the same way and asked the league not to take action...Next thing you know, Kobe's suspended...LMAO@people who think it woulda' happened the same to any other player....Kobe gets no respect. Ya'll haters KNOW it, but you hate to admit it...Don't be a bitch and stop siding with David Stern when the whole world INCLUDING Kobe-haters are saying this is absurd. That's disgusting...PeACe
oh he texed bruce bowen did he? oh, you took his phone and saw his sent messages or something? get outta here stan

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2007, 10:37:15 AM »

oh he texed bruce bowen did he? oh, you took his phone and saw his sent messages or something? get outta here stan

There was a big interview with Kobe about it on Loose Cannons yesterday, dumbshit. don't speak if you don't know shit...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2007, 11:23:58 AM »
NBA’s crackdown is getting ridiculous
Kobe’s forearm could have been an accident, but Stern decides otherwise

By Michael Ventre
MSNBC contributor
Updated: 7:49 p.m. PT Jan 30, 2007

In the wake of recent incidents, the NBA has decided to crack down on unruly behavior among its players. It will no longer tolerate any punching, kicking or other overt signs of fighting. More severe penalties will be handed down in order to send a message to fans that such actions are not in the best interests of the great game of basketball.

In fact, the league has decided to reinforce that message with even more restrictions:

No NBA player shall — in the course of a game or outside the playing surface, or for that matter within the borders of the contiguous United States, Alaska, Hawaii and all U.S. territories and possessions, and Canada, and any other country that hosts an NBA-sanctioned event, or televises one, or advertises one, or thinks about one — slap, bump, nudge, poke, grab, brush up against, muss the hair of, jostle, disturb, annoy, tickle, give a wedgie to, insult by word or action, lean against, invade the space of, breathe on, expectorate near, or otherwise ruin the vibe of another NBA player. In fact, even a handshake or a caress that isn’t followed by a big smile can draw a fine.

This is not the official NBA by-law on the topic, however, merely a suggestion for an early draft. And I would venture to guess that the finished version won’t stray too much from the wording and the spirit of the aforementioned passage, given the direction the league seems to be going on this.

The latest indication that the league office has gone to the mattresses on the issue of player-generated aggression is the one-game suspension handed to Kobe Bryant on Monday for slapping San Antonio’s Manu Ginobili with his arm during their game Sunday at Staples Center. The shock is that commissioner David Stern didn’t order a SWAT team to perform a pre-dawn raid on Kobe’s house.

Naturally, Kobe will have to live with the shame of sticking his arm out and coming into contact with Ginobili’s honker after a jump shot. The horror, the horror. Children who weren’t traumatized by the spectacle are now threats to mimic it on the playground, which will cause recipients across the land to exclaim, “Ouch!” and teachers to warn, “Be more careful.”

I saw the replay of the incident in question. To be frank, it could have been intentional. Kobe may have wanted to inform Ginobili in no uncertain terms that if he got too close he risked the danger of eating a forearm focaccia.

But it also could have been an accident. It could have been a reaction by Bryant during the jump-shot motion to fend off an attacker. Either way, the league is in no position to read a player’s mind. Unless it was clearly an act of aggression or retaliation, it should have been ignored.

Stu Jackson, the NBA’s enforcement lackey, explained the suspension by stating that contact was made by Kobe’s arm above Ginobili’s shoulders, and that it was an unnatural basketball motion. Said Jackson: “We did not view this as an inadvertent action.”

First of all, I assume that if some of the problem had to do with a blow that was administered above somebody’s shoulders, then it only stands to reason that a whack in the crotch must be acceptable. This, no doubt, will not only shorten careers but bring the birth rate down.

And as for the “unnatural basketball motion” portion of the act, I can only say that I’ve watched Kobe Bryant since he came into the league as an 18-year-old in 1996 and just about everything he’s done on a court since then has seemed unnatural to me.

The part that is alarming is the league’s determination that it was not an “inadvertent action.” If the NBA purports to be fair about these things, there should have to be context before handing down such a penalty. For instance, if Ginobili and Bryant had been sparring all game, or if Bryant had a history of smashing guys he didn’t like during a jump shot. But to declare Bryant’s intent — and then deny him and the Lakers an appeal process before making him sit out — seems to be a preposterous overreaction by an overly sensitive league obsessed with its image.

And I can see why the NBA might err on the side of shafting its players over every little misstep. There was the Malice at the Palace. There was the Knicks-Nuggets imbroglio. Occasionally, a gun either goes off, or is found in somebody’s possession. That type of stuff looks bad. The league has corporate sponsors. I understand all that.

But the dopey decision to suspend Kobe Bryant over a trifle transfers the league’s image problem from the court to the offices on Fifth Avenue. Now the players aren’t making the NBA look bad, the NBA is making its players look bad. Just as the players have a responsibility to act in a professional manner, so does Stern, Jackson and their associates. In a perfect world, Stern and Jackson would have to sit out a game and pay a fine.

Stern and Jackson also should be cited for cruelty, but not for what they’re doing to Bryant. Because of the suspension, the Lakers’ superstar was forced to miss his team’s only visit this season to Madison Square Garden. You mean to tell me that after all Knicks fans have had to endure they get one shot to see Kobe play and they’re denied it? Over that?! Ginobili only got hit once. New Yorkers have had the rotting carcass of a once-proud franchise shoved in their faces repeatedly by James Dolan and Isiah Thomas. Talk about misplaced priorities by the commish.

Usually when a player is suspended he has the opportunity to reflect upon his transgressions. So I fully expect Kobe Bryant to read the decision handed down by Jackson and the NBA and draw the obvious conclusion:

“Huh?!”

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #87 on: January 31, 2007, 11:44:34 AM »
Apologies from San Antonio...

Hi everybody,

For what its worth, I wanted you to know that the vast majority of the most ardent Spurs fans--and even those who literally hate the Lakers, Phil Jackson, Kobe, etc--were totally against the suspension of Kobe Bryant.

I listened to the ticket 760 am here in San Antonio. All afternoon, Spurs fans and the hosts, were astounded that Kobe Bryant was treated that way.

The hosts--who are HUGE Kobe haters--defended Kobe Bryant like you would not believe.

I know this does nothing to lessen the impact of Kobe's suspension.

I just thought you should know that even the people in San Antonio felt that Kobe was treated unfairly.

-

The Tone in Phoenix

The tone here in PHX on the Bickley and MJ show was disbelief as well. They were hammering Stern and Stu for being ridiculously heavy handed this year. They also thought it was ridiculous that the appeal wasn't even heard, just denied out of hand. I thought it was very refreshing, considering Kobe and the Lakers aren't too well liked in this valley.

Also I called Stern's office to lodge a formal complaint. The lady asked me if this was in reference to the Lakers protest and I informed her that it most certainly was. Sounds like enough calls were made for it to make at least a ripple. The Player's Association really needs to address this during the next bargaining session. The NBA needs an appeals process like MLB has. Kobe can appeal to get his money back, but the Lakers can't get that game back vs NY and the fans in NY won't see Kobe at all this year. That can't be fixed. It's ridiculous. As Phil said, the coaches/players are dictated to and they submit. They have no recourse.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #88 on: January 31, 2007, 11:45:27 AM »
Bruce Lee Bowen:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jAakQjpFibg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/jAakQjpFibg</a>

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #89 on: January 31, 2007, 12:05:39 PM »
Bruce Bowen is one big asshole, everyone knows it, that's why they didn't do shit to Howard when he smacked his ass to the ground like everyone should.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin