Author Topic: Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft release profit statements.  (Read 415 times)

Trauma-san

Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft release profit statements.
« on: February 02, 2007, 06:37:04 AM »
For the last quarter of the year, Microsoft's gaming division lost 289 million dollars.  That's a net operating loss of a quarter of a billion dollars.  Yay Xbox!

For the last quarter of the year, Sony's game divison lost $455 million dollars.  That's after you add all the ps2 sales, the ps3 sales, the psp sales, and all of the game sales for each system, they came out in the hole nearly half a billion dollars.

Nintendo on the other hand said that it had record setting "consolidated sales, recurring sales and net profits". I.e., the greatest of all time.
Nintendo stock, over the past year, has risen 113%, making it one of the top 5 best buys on the Tokyo Stock exchange.  Not only is the Nintendo Wii sold out all over the world, in Japan, the Nintendo Wii and the Nintendo DS (1.5 years after launch) are both still sold out at retail.  They're making 700 thousand DS Lite's for Japan each month, and selling every fucking one of them.  For the quarter, Nintendo made a profit of $644 million dollars, in 3 months. 

EA  Sports, the second largest publisher in the video game industry (only behind Nintendo) made a profit of $160 million dollars in the last quarter.  Their plan to increase profits?  Check this quote...

"Clearly Nintendo will always be number one on the Wii and Nintendo DS, but we believe that we can be number two."

The pres of Sony had this to say about the Wii beating his ass... "The Wii is more of an impulse buy".  LOL.  This is the same dumbass that said late last year that he didn't realize that videogames were supposed to be fun..... ?

So again, to those that say this shit doesn't matter.... look at the largest developer in the world swinging their support towards the Wii, and look at the people running and hiding from the disaster that is Sony.  Who's going to end up with the better games? 
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 06:38:55 AM by Trauma-san »

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft release profit statements.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 07:26:39 AM »
For the last qua..........(ZZZzzzZZZ)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 07:36:58 AM by Nutty »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 08:52:11 AM »
I dislike this cause it could lead to a new trend in which games are just fun but not technically challenging enough to base competetive multi-player stages on. Like Starcraft, Counter-Strike, Quake, Warcraft (dota) etc
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Sparegeez

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 09:51:09 AM »
We all knew Microsoft and Sony weren't gonna profit from their first or second year. It happens all the time, this is how the game is played. They start making their money the 3rd year.

Bomb-A®

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 09:52:34 AM »
For the last qua..........(ZZZzzzZZZ)

lmao

peace

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 04:39:43 PM »
I've got no problem with EA running as far away from my PS3 as possible!

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2007, 06:01:49 AM »
We all knew Microsoft and Sony weren't gonna profit from their first or second year. It happens all the time, this is how the game is played. They start making their money the 3rd year.

OHHH, gotcha.  When was the original X-box released, because Microsoft's gaming division hasn't made a profit since inception.  The X-box was released more than three years ago, wasn't it?  Refresh my memory, and help me figure out exactly when Microsoft is going to make their money back. 

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2007, 06:28:18 AM »
The guy who works for Nintendo is back!

How's the Wii? I'm still deciding whether to get a Wii or a 360 for now, I'll wait a couple years for the price of the ps3 to drop then get that.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2007, 11:46:59 AM »
I've got no problem with EA running as far away from my PS3 as possible!

ecrazy

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2007, 05:46:36 PM »
source?...

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2007, 06:05:56 PM »
Your life better now that your little toy is making money?

Bomb-A®

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2007, 10:44:48 PM »
The pres of Sony had this to say about the Wii beating his ass... "The Wii is more of an impulse buy".  LOL.  This is the same dumbass that said late last year that he didn't realize that videogames were supposed to be fun..... ?

this article was prolly written by that nerdy dude who was bashing the psp on youtube...what's the source

peace

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2007, 05:23:50 PM »
This isn't an article.  I'm just so articulate I fooled you into thinking it was important. 

The source is Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft's recent press releases documenting their sales figures.  Look it up yourself, I did.  Believe me... you can take it to the bank if I said it, don't waste your time trying to find it.  It's simply unbelievable to the average consumer that Sony and Microsoft lose their ass so much on the systems they have out now, but it's the honest truth.  This is why machines like the Saturn dissapear from shelves and everybody goes "What happened????"

My whole point of this post and others is to show that Sony's bullshit way of treating their fans is biting them in the ass, and if you buy a ps3 you're probably going to get fucked around. 

ecrazy

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2007, 05:42:04 PM »
so you lied?
LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!

Sparegeez

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2007, 07:49:48 PM »
This isn't an article.  I'm just so articulate I fooled you into thinking it was important. 

The source is Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft's recent press releases documenting their sales figures.  Look it up yourself, I did.  Believe me... you can take it to the bank if I said it, don't waste your time trying to find it.  It's simply unbelievable to the average consumer that Sony and Microsoft lose their ass so much on the systems they have out now, but it's the honest truth.  This is why machines like the Saturn dissapear from shelves and everybody goes "What happened????"

My whole point of this post and others is to show that Sony's bullshit way of treating their fans is biting them in the ass, and if you buy a ps3 you're probably going to get fucked around. 

Someone is licking Nintendo's dick way to much.