Author Topic: The End to the Nino Brown/Playa P/Tony Best Debate  (Read 688 times)

shaydee

• 'G'
  • Witchdoctor new album OUT NOW!
Re: The End to the Nino Brown/Playa P/Tony Best Debate
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2007, 06:44:39 PM »
LOL! Nima and I have talked. I've talked with Seer and Little Jay too. I know alot of people. Btw CR Music, he's an associate of Suge. He was never on Death Row. Neither is Carlos. Get it straight. Lakey don't have a contract either. By the way, that was me when I was thirteen on the interview. Btw Nima we beefed when everyone on Dub CNN thought WCA stole interviews from y'all. PS: Gangsta Boogy Nino wanted me to cuss you out last night. lol

so Warlord is an associate only... means no chance of an album. he didnt impress me anyway....

i wasnt dissin u, i didnt know u were that young, u did sound young on the phone though.. good interview with warlord.

did you record any of that snoop, sam sneed and tray deee track??

btw just cause i talk to nino, doesnt mean to say u need to keep me blocked now ;)

Killz/Kilo2

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2007, 06:50:26 PM »
LOL! Nima and I have talked. I've talked with Seer and Little Jay too. I know alot of people. Btw CR Music, he's an associate of Suge. He was never on Death Row. Neither is Carlos. Get it straight. Lakey don't have a contract either. By the way, that was me when I was thirteen on the interview. Btw Nima we beefed when everyone on Dub CNN thought WCA stole interviews from y'all. PS: Gangsta Boogy Nino wanted me to cuss you out last night. lol

so Warlord is an associate only... means no chance of an album. he didnt impress me anyway....

i wasnt dissin u, i didnt know u were that young, u did sound young on the phone though.. good interview with warlord.

btw just cause i talk to nino, doesnt mean to say u need to keep me blocked now ;)

I never blocked you except on your CR Music account. lol Also no I didn't.  Hey Tony, when i spoke to Scott on the phone he played me a Sam Sneed track called "Hollywood Squares", it sounded pure death row.... he then said a guy called Tony Best told him there was a MUSIC VIDEO to that song... is that true?

tonybest

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2007, 06:54:09 PM »
It's about Nino being Playa P and stealing from Death Row. It wasn't all from Tony Best. Tony was only responsible for the DPG shit from Daz. Ain't that right Tony?  If this doesn't get deleted i'll tell the whole story on Nino top to bottom.

The rare Daz/DPG shit I got from someone else off the street in LA.  You can get some of the dope, unreleased shit from people on sidewalks or at the sawpmeet.  Matter of fact, back in 93 there was a version of the Doggystle album that was on the streets weeks before it came out.  Although I don't have it, my boy has a RARE, skeletal version of "Ain't No Fun" without some of the keyboard parts and Fender Rhodes chords.  He got it at the Slauson swapmeet...but the due doesn't want to share.

Last time I saw Daz was in 97 when he was working on the IMX album.  It was at some hamburger stand.  We just said "whats up" and kept it moving.  Not exactly an opportunity for me for him to go, "Ay Tony...take some of my unreleased shit!"

Most people who work at labels will make it seem that they are all buddy-buddy with the artists.  Sometimes its true, most times the artists could give a damn about the employees.  Yeah, I hung out with artists on Death Row and Aftermath, even went to their houses to watch games and just chill, but nobody was giving me any music.  I heard a gang of shit though - damn!  And if I was to talk or see most of the artists today, on the real, they probably wouldn't even know who I was.  It's been ten years since I been in the game.  Plus, I'm sure other things have taken a toll on their memory :)

tonybest

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2007, 06:56:23 PM »

I never blocked you except on your CR Music account. lol Also no I didn't.  Hey Tony, when i spoke to Scott on the phone he played me a Sam Sneed track called "Hollywood Squares", it sounded pure death row.... he then said a guy called Tony Best told him there was a MUSIC VIDEO to that song... is that true?

True, Sneed made a video for "Hollywood Squares."  Matter of fact, Sneed makes a mention of it (indirectly) in that Have Gun Will Travel book.

tonybest

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2007, 06:57:54 PM »
These posts are making my head spin...

I gave a few people promo CDs and EXTREMELY RARE press materials that I could have sold on eBay for a good amount of cheese, but chose to give them away to the dedicated fans overseas.  Sadly, it seems that back then (late nineties) brothers here in the states had given up on westcoast music and peeps in the UK were keeping it alive.

As far as me trading rare songs, those were tracks I had bought from other collectors and/or traded for my promo materials.  I then traded those with other collectors in the UK.  Its kind of like how the Grateful Dead fans have established networks of bootleging (although its sanctioned by the band).

But its impossible for me to get into anyone's vault and get a hold of some masters.  I have as good as a chance as you do :)

Obviously some of you have never worked in the music business.  I guess some think that Dogg Pound/Dr. Dre master tapes are just sitting around the office (lol)!  Master tapes are treated like Fort Knox (unless like I said, you're an engineer, label exec or artist who has instant access to them).  I don't know who leaked them from the labels, but it couldn't have been yours truly.  And oh yeah - I have much respect for Scott, Playa P and Nino Brown.  Y'all need to leave them the fuck alone!

For the question as to whether Death Row can come back - if they put together a good team I don't see why not.  I hate it when black artists/labels get written out of the history books just because of a few bumps in the road.  I think if Death Row would have been a grunge label and had the same drama, it would be a different story...

Mr. Best, I see where your coming from about Nino. But considering he was stealing tapes it's a different matter. Ron callled up to his house yesterday or the day before. Ron has almost all the same shit Suge has.  Back then all of the employee's were allowed into that part of the building. So it was easy for him to steal them. I guess they trusted them too much. However, all of what i'm saying is true.

Things were different in my day.  Security was tight, not only for the music part but also safety issues.

shaydee

• 'G'
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2007, 07:02:43 PM »

True, Sneed made a video for "Hollywood Squares."  Matter of fact, Sneed makes a mention of it (indirectly) in that Have Gun Will Travel book.

Ohhhhh shit, if he made a video, does that mean he made an ALBUM on Deathrow? he was more than just a producer/part time rapper?
Will we ever hear any of it?

Killz/Kilo2

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2007, 07:05:06 PM »

Ohhhhh shit, if he made a video, does that mean he made an ALBUM on Deathrow? he was more than just a producer/part time rapper?

CR, the guy has a confirmed album on Death Row. I should have some snippets up on my site soon. I tried getting them on there before, but people kept interfering. Also the OFTB and Tha Outlawz albums are not real. They are just random mashups of their Death Row tracks.

PS: If you want the full album you gotta go rob Scott not Death Row UK. lol

shaydee

• 'G'
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2007, 07:06:24 PM »
Tony Best
DID YOU EVER MEET 2PAC?
If so can you tell us what he was like?
Thankx man for all this info.

JEWBACCA

• Lil Geezy
  • OY
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2007, 07:07:18 PM »
Why don't you two just email each other.

tonybest

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2007, 07:07:52 PM »

I'm pretty sure Sneed has quite a few unreleased songs, maybe even enough for an album.  I think him and Dre were both working on his solo LP at Dre's home studio.  Sneed's album would have been hot - dude brought a new sound to the label.  I think if Sam would have worked consistently from then till now, he would have been one of the legendary producers of today.

tonybest

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2007, 07:10:09 PM »
Tony Best
DID YOU EVER MEET 2PAC?
If so can you tell us what he was like?
Thankx man for all this info.

I met Pac a few times.

acgrundy

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2007, 07:37:26 PM »
Btw Grundy, I know your directing your shit to Mr. Best, but I have awnsers for a couple. Nino Brown did traydeee.com and played me about 50 tracks over the phone for about an hour, from 96, tray deee was talking about deathrow all the time.... he said some tracks were from the ORIGINAL DEATHROW EASTSIDAZ group, which were Snoop, Tray D, C Style and Techniec (not many know this).  Also one track he played was Snoop Dogg, Tray Deee, Techniec, and Sam Sneed produced by Sneed titled "More Than Friends"

Wow!  That shit sounds dope as fuck!  What a shame that that stuff never got released.  So whoever played these over the phone to u, that person has these tracks on cd?  Who actually owns the original recordings of these songs?

Killz/Kilo2

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2007, 07:42:47 PM »
Btw Grundy, I know your directing your shit to Mr. Best, but I have awnsers for a couple. Nino Brown did traydeee.com and played me about 50 tracks over the phone for about an hour, from 96, tray deee was talking about deathrow all the time.... he said some tracks were from the ORIGINAL DEATHROW EASTSIDAZ group, which were Snoop, Tray D, C Style and Techniec (not many know this).  Also one track he played was Snoop Dogg, Tray Deee, Techniec, and Sam Sneed produced by Sneed titled "More Than Friends"

Wow!  That shit sounds dope as fuck!  What a shame that that stuff never got released.  So whoever played these over the phone to u, that person has these tracks on cd?  Who actually owns the original recordings of these songs?

Yes, Scott was the one who stole them from Death Row or received them from other sources. Alot of the shit he has was stolen from Death Row. ;)

acgrundy

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2007, 07:59:04 PM »

Yes, Scott was the one who stole them from Death Row or received them from other sources. Alot of the shit he has was stolen from Death Row. ;)

I don't know who scott is...is he someone that would possibly release this music...does he have cd quality versions of these songs...why would he not release them?  He doesn't make any money off them sitting at home, at least he could sell cd's of them and make a lil bit of money.  Why did he play them over the phone for you in the first place?  Man I would love to hear those 50 tray deee songs and the original eastsidaz group material.

Killz/Kilo2

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2007, 08:02:10 PM »
Scott was a employee over at Death Row UK. He don't release it because he likes the powerful feeling. Also yes he has them in CDQ. Scott and I was close back in the day so he played me the songs.