Author Topic: Iran unveils herbal remedy against AIDS  (Read 184 times)

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Iran unveils herbal remedy against AIDS
« on: February 03, 2007, 01:46:11 PM »
TEHRAN (AFP) - Health Minister Kamran Baqeri Lankarani has announced that
Iran's scientists have produced a herbal medicine that boosts the human's body immunity system against the
HIV/AIDS virus.

"The herbal-based medication, called IMOD, serves to control the AIDS virus and increases the body's immunity," Baqeri Lankarani was quoted as saying by the official news agency IRNA.

"It is not a medication to kill the virus, it rather can be used besides other anti-retroviral drugs," Baqeri Lankarani said on state radio.

The drug, made after five years of research, has been tested on 200 patients, IRNA said, adding that it is considered the fifth generation of medications helping control the HIV/AIDS virus.

"This is a substance good for both AIDS patients and those who carry the virus without showing the symptoms," the director of the project, Mohammad Farhadi, told state television.

Farhadi said the medication will now be tested on some 3,000 to 5,000 Iranian patients in the next year to monitor its efficacy.

Health Minister Baqeri Lankarani said that the number of HIV/AIDS cases in Iran stands at around 14,000 while 1,700 people have died of the disease.

Last June, Iranian officials warned about the rapid spread of HIV/AIDS infections in the country due to a surge in intravenous drug usage.

"If no action is taken against the spread of this disease as quickly as possible, the number of those infected will reach 100,000 by the end of the next Iranian year (March 2008)," said Iran's deputy health minister, Moayed Alavian.

Iran is believed to have at least two million regular drug users -- and possibly as many as 3.5 million. Alavian said addiction is growing by around eight percent a year.

Intravenous drug use is believed to be the main cause of HIV/AIDS infection at 62.3 percent, followed by "unknown causes" at 27.9 percent and sexual contact at 7.4 percent.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Chief

Re: Iran unveils herbal remedy against AIDS
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 02:16:17 PM »
unknown causes?

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 02:25:37 PM »
Watch, if this turns out to be legit, you'll see troops backing out of Iraq and Bush kissing Iran's ass.......oh wait, Bush doesn't give a shit about anyone with AIDS. He thinks God is punishing them for being either gay or promiscuous.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 02:47:55 PM »
Whoa dat's kewl dude!!!

Iran kicks ass!
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 03:40:26 PM »
Watch, if this turns out to be legit, you'll see troops backing out of Iraq and Bush kissing Iran's ass.......oh wait, Bush doesn't give a shit about anyone with AIDS. He thinks God is punishing them for being either gay or promiscuous.

Actually, President Bush greatly increased the funding of the fight against AIDS from what  President Clinton did. You obviously have no clue what you are talking about.

But overall this isn't that big of a story. Iran has come up with a possible new medicine to use against AIDS. Big whoop, there are already tons of medicines used already.

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 03:43:45 PM »
But overall this isn't that big of a story.

Of course not.

Big news = Obama's dad being Muslim... like 1 billion other people on this planet.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 09:10:29 PM »
damn that's tight, I hope its true.