Poll

Who was better?

Marino
6 (42.9%)
Favre
8 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Marino vs. Favre  (Read 142 times)

MIAMI4LIFE

Marino vs. Favre
« on: February 04, 2007, 04:18:18 AM »
With Favre coming back for another season got me thinking who was the better QB? they both were very similar but Favre won that ring while Marino never got his, I give the edge to Favre his QB rating and completion percentage are better and his durability is amazing

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Marino vs. Favre
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 08:38:12 AM »
With Favre coming back for another season got me thinking who was the better QB? they both were very similar but Favre won that ring while Marino never got his, I give the edge to Favre his QB rating and completion percentage are better and his durability is amazing

It's a close one. The numbers are close and Favre has the Superbowl but he also had a way better team that year than any team Marino was on. I'll say Marino now and wait to see how Favre does next year. If he just collapses then maybe Marino, if he takes the Pack to the playoffs then maybe Favre.

Manning is on pace to beat both their records by his 15th season. If Peyton can do that while winning at least today he can be placed above them. If he wins today and another Superbowl later on then it'll be in stone (if he keeps pace too).

herpes

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 11:05:54 AM »
Marino, he never had half the team any of the great QB's played on like elway, montana, favre, christ just fucking name them.

swangin and bangin

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 12:27:20 PM »
favre
cause he doesnt do gay ass weight loss comicials

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 12:35:11 PM »
favre
cause he doesnt do gay ass weight loss comicials
But he did do commericals for prilosec.

Favre>Marino

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 02:38:49 PM »

It's a close one. The numbers are close and Favre has the Superbowl but he also had a way better team that year than any team Marino was on. I'll say Marino now and wait to see how Favre does next year. If he just collapses then maybe Marino, if he takes the Pack to the playoffs then maybe Favre.

Manning is on pace to beat both their records by his 15th season. If Peyton can do that while winning at least today he can be placed above them. If he wins today and another Superbowl later on then it'll be in stone (if he keeps pace too).

Marino or Favre? This has nothing to do with Peyton Manning.  8)

The Best of 3 Worlds

herpes

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 02:42:02 PM »

shallow has peytons cock so far down his throat all he knows now is peyton.  We could be talkin the best RB's in the game and shallow would find away to bring up how good peyton is.

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2007, 07:45:34 PM »

Manning will break all the records if he stays healthy like Favre who has never missed a start. but he isn't above Favre they both have rings but Favre also went to another Superbowl even though he lost, anyway this is more about Favre and Marino, Marino went to a SuperBowl but got killed so he is rated lower than Favre IMO

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2007, 07:58:49 PM »
Favre. Marino had a team good enough to get him to the big game, and he didn't win it.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2007, 08:12:06 AM »

shallow has peytons cock so far down his throat all he knows now is peyton.  We could be talkin the best RB's in the game and shallow would find away to bring up how good peyton is.

You trying to tell me Peyton is the best runner in the game?

To be fair, I was talking about Marino and Favre based on a numbers game. They are the two most prolific QBs in the game's history. Since we were talking about numbers, or at least I was talking about numbers, I decided to bring up the possibility that both of those two greats will be surpassed by someone else in as little as 5 or 6 years. Rest assured that if the debate was Montana and Elway I probably wouldn't have mentioned Manning. Who am I kidding? The Colts just won the Superbowl. I'm ready to bring him up at the TOT forum in a Global Warming thread.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2007, 10:46:15 AM »

To be fair, I was talking about Marino and Favre based on a numbers game. They are the two most prolific QBs in the game's history. Since we were talking about numbers, or at least I was talking about numbers, I decided to bring up the possibility that both of those two greats will be surpassed by someone else in as little as 5 or 6 years. Rest assured that if the debate was Montana and Elway I probably wouldn't have mentioned Manning. Who am I kidding? The Colts just won the Superbowl. I'm ready to bring him up at the TOT forum in a Global Warming thread.

I know youre like a giddy little school girl right now, thats understandable. But lets stick to the topic!  8)

The Best of 3 Worlds

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2007, 12:33:33 PM »

I gave my opinion on Marino and Favre. I said I'm leaning on Marino but if Favre comes back with a super season next year and goes deep in the playoffs or to the Superbowl then I'll probably change my mind. If he wins trhe Superbowl or plays amazing in it then I'll pick Favre. My Peyton remark was a side note to my Favre/Marino opinion.

I know youre like a giddy little school girl right now, thats understandable. But lets stick to the topic!  8)