Author Topic: Kurupt, and "This Is The Life I Lead"  (Read 223 times)

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
Kurupt, and "This Is The Life I Lead"
« on: February 05, 2007, 03:42:24 PM »
1) - Does anybody know about the other tracks Kurupt were supposidely featured on but were later removed off this Daz album? Like, where they went instead? Appreciate it.

2) - In the D.P.G.C 4 Life outro I know "Gangsta Perogative" is one of the tracks, whats the other one(s) called by name? Thanks.

3) - Thoughts on this album? haha, when I was downloading the tracks individually I was like "aw fuck naw", but the consistentcy is growing on me, plus it has some real knockout tracks like G-Perogative, Load Up, Keep It Gangsta, excedra. Still, not an album that can widely be considered good but you'd have to be a hardcore DPG/Daz fan, and I like it for what it is.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
Re: Kurupt, and "This Is The Life I Lead"
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 03:48:33 PM »
ALSO, I have a theory concerning "This Is The Life I Lead" (title track) and "Dangerous" from So So Gangsta. Could Dangerous just be a T.I.T.L.I.L leftover? I mean the bouncy production fits and its a pretty lyrical (multiple syllabic rhyme-wise) Daz song, which, these type of songs were laced all over T.I.T.L.I.L. Plus the intro to T.I.T.L.I.L's title track says something about being dangerous. I dont know, just a related thought thingy.

Efrain

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 04:01:24 PM »
I think the majority of "This is the Life I lead" was originally recorded during a period when Daz and Kurupt were working with Mike Dean and staying in his house (Kurupt once referenced this time). Once Kurupt defected back to Death Row Daz had mike dean remove Kurupt's vocals from a lot of songs and in their place Daz either rapped them exactally or something similar. We know from the DPG version of "Against the Grain" that "Load up" and "Where Ya Headed" aka "So Long" (last hidden track on TITLIL) were originally Kurupt solo songs, and that "bitch make me rich" originally featured Kurupt. As far as the two bonus tracks though, those were meant to be there Daz just didn't advertize it.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 05:04:45 PM »
ALSO, I have a theory concerning "This Is The Life I Lead" (title track) and "Dangerous" from So So Gangsta. Could Dangerous just be a T.I.T.L.I.L leftover? I mean the bouncy production fits and its a pretty lyrical (multiple syllabic rhyme-wise) Daz song, which, these type of songs were laced all over T.I.T.L.I.L. Plus the intro to T.I.T.L.I.L's title track says something about being dangerous. I dont know, just a related thought thingy.
No chance on Dangerous being a leftover, Kid Slim, who does the hook on there, is a SO So Def artist.  Also Daz says in the song "They took Tookie but he still lives in us, he tried to save the kids but Schwarzenegger didn't give a fuck" referencing the execution of Tookie Williams, which just happened last year.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 05:07:15 PM »
^ hm, i see.

thanks for all the clearing up, i can tell you know this album's ins and outs. LOL