Author Topic: The Official NHL Thread  (Read 71963 times)

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The official NHL Thread
« Reply #585 on: August 21, 2008, 02:38:58 PM »
I dont see why Edmonton coulnt win that divsion. they have good young players. Added Eric Cole and vishnovsky. They stayed in the race last year besides injuries. I think they got a shot.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #586 on: August 21, 2008, 10:32:53 PM »
They stayed in the race last year besides injuries. I think they got a shot.

No..they were out of the division race pretty early...only thing is they got hot at the end when they were pretty much done.

They did better than the nucks is for sure...but I doubt they'll win the North west...especially with the  Ave's and Wild getting better.
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #587 on: August 21, 2008, 10:36:57 PM »

No..they were out of the division race pretty early...only thing is they got hot at the end when they were pretty much done.

They did better than the nucks is for sure...but I doubt they'll win the North west...especially with the  Ave's and Wild getting better.

Well The avs got nice young players. WIld seem to eb at a stall , they moved sideways if you as me.

I juts think Edmonton can be a sleeper they are a young team kinda like Montreal was last year.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #588 on: August 22, 2008, 10:01:18 AM »

Well The avs got nice young players. WIld seem to eb at a stall , they moved sideways if you as me.

I juts think Edmonton can be a sleeper they are a young team kinda like Montreal was last year.

We'll see when the season starts. IF they win it..you're a genius....but for now...you just some crazy dude on drugs lol (sall good though)

As a fan..i got hte nucks winning the division...but as a NHL fan...i got the Aves beating everyone down.
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #589 on: August 22, 2008, 12:17:23 PM »
the canucs seem to be the weaklink in that divsion. As far as the avs i dont know i like there team but there goalie situation is bad and there defense is not too scary physicaly. Good puck movers tho. Avs will score a lot. Calgary looks to be a tuff team.

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
« Reply #590 on: August 22, 2008, 04:02:09 PM »
the canucs seem to be the weaklink in that divsion. As far as the avs i dont know i like there team but there goalie situation is bad and there defense is not too scary physicaly. Good puck movers tho. Avs will score a lot. Calgary looks to be a tuff team.

I wouldnt call them a weak link,  they have 6 or 7 solid D and Luongo.. that alone is enough for them to contend for a playoff spot.  They're only problem is that they cant score, and I think they've improved on that...  Bernier looks like he'll fit in nicely with the Sedins and Demitra replaces Naslund..  and now that Sundin is gonna end up somewhere else, we've got 10 million to spend during the year to pick up another couple people.. but its always been a tough division.. we'll have to see how the season plays out
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #591 on: August 22, 2008, 05:56:13 PM »
the flames are a tough team i don't explain myself how they still aint won shit yet, with iginla movin the puck around and phaneuf doing his job at the defense. I dont know if i'll bet some money on them this year

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #592 on: August 22, 2008, 06:26:51 PM »

I wouldnt call them a weak link,  they have 6 or 7 solid D and Luongo.. that alone is enough for them to contend for a playoff spot.  They're only problem is that they cant score, and I think they've improved on that...  Bernier looks like he'll fit in nicely with the Sedins and Demitra replaces Naslund..  and now that Sundin is gonna end up somewhere else, we've got 10 million to spend during the year to pick up another couple people.. but its always been a tough division.. we'll have to see how the season plays out

good point, they are strong on D. There offense is very so so. Im not a big fan of Demitra, the twins can  be pushed around but Bernier will bring a good presence.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #593 on: August 26, 2008, 10:43:39 PM »
I Dont think Sundin is coming

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #594 on: August 28, 2008, 01:36:24 AM »
I checked Bernier highlights on uTube.  This dude is the truth.   He seems like he is a dirty scorer, which would be perfect for the sedins.  Stick him in front of the net.  He could bump out a nice 40 points this season.

Demitra is a solid vet.  I think he is very disciplined and will adapt to the team well.  He probably does about 50-60 points...

I think we are gonna end up forcing the Sedins into the first line again..  Which is a bad idea.  But who else can u really put together for that line?  Demitra maybe..   Then do Pyatt-Pettinger-Bernier for second.  Shannon-Wellwood-Raymond.  Then the checking line..  Kesler-Burrows-Hordichuck (dude trained with Chuck Liddell so I guess he can replace Rypien)

Get rid of Cowan please!

Goal is on lock.

D is on lock.   
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 01:38:25 AM by The-Leak »

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
« Reply #595 on: September 03, 2008, 03:11:48 PM »
Canucks traded Shannon today  to Ottawa for another Defensemen,  looks like GM Gillis is stocking up on D to make a bigger trade for a top 6 forward
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #596 on: September 03, 2008, 06:16:26 PM »
he has too canucks offence right now looking slim

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #597 on: September 04, 2008, 12:55:36 AM »
Yeah,  O-lines are flabby and sick rite now..  Better have sumthing soon.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #598 on: September 04, 2008, 08:40:17 AM »
Yeah,  O-lines are flabby and sick rite now..  Better have sumthing soon.

Gaborik could be on the move... i dount they trade him to a div rival but who knows with Demitra there

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #599 on: September 04, 2008, 09:57:26 AM »
I created a fantasy  hockey league on Yahoo.

League ID is #5445
Password is mozdizzle

Date to draft currently is Sunday, September 21st.
I can change it though if need be.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!