Author Topic: The Official NHL Thread  (Read 72287 times)

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Re: The official NHL Thread
« Reply #735 on: February 20, 2009, 11:12:31 PM »
Montreal Canadiens general manager Bob Gainey says he's "very concerned" about reports linking three Habs players to a man arrested in a massive crackdown against drug trafficking and organized crime.

Montreal's La Presse newspaper reported on Friday that brothers Andrei and Sergei Kostitsyn were in almost daily contact with Pasquale Mangiola, one of the suspects rounded up by police last week in the Operation Axe sting.

Gainey said the link is troubling because the hockey club takes great pains to ensure that players remain well-adjusted and focused on their games.

He also explained that the Canadiens' organization works to keep certain elements, unsavoury or otherwise, from "having access" to players or coaches.

"We're very concerned, because we know that this person who became involved with the players, he's not the only person who wants to find a place to enter the inner area of the hockey team," said Gainey.

"We turn people away everyday," he said.

Mangiola faces six charges related to drug trafficking and illegal weapons. None of the allegations have been proven in court.

Another member of the Canadians, Roman Hamrlik, is also linked to Mangiola though not as closely as the brothers, La Presse reported.

The paper noted that none of the three players are accused of any illegal activities and are not being investigated for any crimes.

Police accuse Mangiola of working as a liaison for three gangs that are all connected to the Hell's Angels.

The paper reported that police records show Mangiola acted as a sort of assistant to the brothers.

"La Presse reports that when the Kostitsyns were at the bar and wanted to get alcohol or women, it was Mangiola who would set it up, and when the Kostitsyn brothers needed a car it was him that would set up the car lease," said CTV Montreal's Rob Lurie.

Francois Gagnon, a sports writer at La Presse, said the paper waited two days before publishing the three-page story, in order to verify all details with police sources.

He said the revelations are sure to be a distraction to the already-struggling hockey club.

"There was a lot of speculation over the last couple of weeks, wondering why the Canadiens were going down the drain hockey-wise, and there's been stories all around the city about things happening with players, but that's nothing new," Gagnon said.

"Now the problem is that it is documented, you have wiretaps, you have information coming from the police that the Kostitsyn brothers and some other players of the Canadiens had ties with that guy."

So far the hockey organization has not commented. CTV Montreal tried to speak with players as they arrived back in the city Friday morning from a road trip. None were willing to speak with reporters.

The Canadiens have a dismal record of three wins, 11 losses and one tie in the last 15 games.

Jaydc555

« Reply #736 on: February 21, 2009, 02:58:25 AM »
Canucks are tearing it up!7 of 8.and I'm sure they will put the beat down on Toronto next.

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #737 on: February 21, 2009, 12:27:11 PM »
the usual hab fan is such a fuckin moron, so is 3/4 of montreal's media for going nuts at some unimportant shit. Shame on them, i can't wait to hear them cry because no one wants to play in mtl.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #738 on: February 22, 2009, 09:40:23 AM »
Yeah, unless they are specifically involved with illegal activity, who really cares.  People will always have certain friends who get into the dirtier side of life, but that doesn't mean that they get dragged into it...  Media overhyping for sure.

So anyone watch the full marathon yesterday?  I only watched the Nucks/Leafs game in full, how do you get a breakaway and not have a stick? lol!   

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
« Reply #739 on: February 22, 2009, 07:42:28 PM »
great week for the canucks! beating the habs, the sens and the leafs!   I went to the Sens game with 6 other Van fans..  I bet we were louder than all the sens fans combined
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus

Jaydc555

« Reply #740 on: February 22, 2009, 07:45:24 PM »
Ha ha nice.well luongo and mats are finding their game.and putting kelser and burrows in offense roles was a smart move

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #741 on: February 23, 2009, 04:57:38 AM »
Yeah, unless they are specifically involved with illegal activity, who really cares.  People will always have certain friends who get into the dirtier side of life, but that doesn't mean that they get dragged into it...  Media overhyping for sure. 

for real,media overhypes everything...fuck the media  ;)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #742 on: February 24, 2009, 12:15:59 PM »
Round 2!!!

sav

« Reply #743 on: February 24, 2009, 08:20:14 PM »
Round 2!!!

What a revenge, Halak was unbeatable!

Jaydc555

« Reply #744 on: February 24, 2009, 09:41:44 PM »
Yeah that game should have been vancouvers.shots were 34 to 17 for van.Halak won that game single handedly.I almost cried when the puck got cleared from the goalline

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing
« Reply #745 on: February 24, 2009, 11:48:22 PM »
that puck almost went in.................fuck-a-shutout!.
IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #746 on: February 25, 2009, 01:01:51 AM »
Omg Halak the beast from the East..    :'(

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #747 on: February 25, 2009, 06:05:24 PM »

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #748 on: February 27, 2009, 11:54:30 PM »
what a fucking nice game  8) 3 in a row go habs go  8)

Jaydc555

« Reply #749 on: February 28, 2009, 12:10:13 AM »
Canucks win again!9 of their last 11