Author Topic: The Official NHL Thread  (Read 72256 times)

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Re: The official NHL Thread
« Reply #765 on: April 03, 2009, 02:48:27 AM »
Btw, how do you like this shootout move??

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
« Reply #766 on: April 03, 2009, 04:25:41 AM »
^^ pretty sick eh, saw that on sportscenter yesterday

I want Van to face Chi, then Cal, then San, then Philly.

It would be a miracle to see a Van and Mon final though, I highly doubt it will happen..

I wanted Toronto to make it in, but that chapter is done..  Also wanted to see L.A. get in..  Oh well.

I agree that Philly is a major contender in the East...  Six 20 goal scorers + Danny Briere? thats some amazing offensive depth,  their problem is that their D isnt strong enough to compensate for their mediocre goaltending.. but who knows, maybe Biron wil get hot
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #767 on: April 03, 2009, 04:26:46 AM »
oh, and tough loss to the Ducks last night... back and forth all night

Jaydc555

« Reply #768 on: April 03, 2009, 06:18:01 AM »
Still got a point though

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #769 on: April 04, 2009, 01:40:04 AM »
^^ pretty sick eh, saw that on sportscenter yesterday

I want Van to face Chi, then Cal, then San, then Philly.

It would be a miracle to see a Van and Mon final though, I highly doubt it will happen..

I wanted Toronto to make it in, but that chapter is done..  Also wanted to see L.A. get in..  Oh well.

I agree that Philly is a major contender in the East...  Six 20 goal scorers + Danny Briere? thats some amazing offensive depth,  their problem is that their D isnt strong enough to compensate for their mediocre goaltending.. but who knows, maybe Biron wil get hot

Yeah..  Timmonen will have to lead the D squad in the playoffs, and Biron will have to focuuuuus maaaayne..  I think he is capable, though..

Jaydc555

« Reply #770 on: April 04, 2009, 06:33:35 PM »
Teams like Montreal and Philly won't do much in the playoffs their not built for the playoffs.both have big question marks at goaltender and defense.

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #771 on: April 10, 2009, 05:57:19 PM »
Teams like Montreal and Philly won't do much in the playoffs their not built for the playoffs.both have big question marks at goaltender and defense.

same thing can be said about Washington,  they've got Mike Green..  but he's pretty much a forward. Hell, they usually have Fedorov man the point on the PP

I can't wait to do my playoff draft on tuesday, I've been looking at stats all week getting ready

Right now I'm leaning towards a Boston/Detroit final..   I know its a pretty safe prediction, but I cant see anyone in the East being able to compete with Boston..  they're too well rounded. Detroit has basically the same team as last year + Hossa.  People chirp their goaltending, but Osgood has 3 rings..  and goaltending isnt such a  big factor when you team averages 4 goals a game

Jaydc555

« Reply #772 on: April 10, 2009, 06:50:22 PM »
Detroit won't win this year.and yes your right about Washington.plus theodore sucks.ill never understand why they got rid of huet.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #773 on: April 10, 2009, 07:06:10 PM »

same thing can be said about Washington,  they've got Mike Green..  but he's pretty much a forward. Hell, they usually have Fedorov man the point on the PP

I can't wait to do my playoff draft on tuesday, I've been looking at stats all week getting ready

Right now I'm leaning towards a Boston/Detroit final..   I know its a pretty safe prediction, but I cant see anyone in the East being able to compete with Boston..  they're too well rounded. Detroit has basically the same team as last year + Hossa.  People chirp their goaltending, but Osgood has 3 rings..  and goaltending isnt such a  big factor when you team averages 4 goals a game

What you got going on with that?

Does anyone know the Detoit vs San Jose record for this year?  cuz i think we are gonna see that in the semifinals.  I wana see St. Louis pull an upset.. lol!   On the Eastern side.  I got teams like Carolina, Philly (YES I DO THINK THEY CAN DO IT), and Boston..  I would not be surprised at all if we see a Boston vs. San Jose final, just like the season dictated..

Jaydc555

« Reply #774 on: April 10, 2009, 07:09:21 PM »
I think vancouver is going to take it.they have been the best team in the league for the last 30 games once they got all their players back from injury.they have argueably the best goaltender in the league.Possibly the strongest top 6 defensemen other then detroit and two lines that can score consistently a third line that chips in offensively and a good fourth line that brings energy

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #775 on: April 10, 2009, 09:04:11 PM »

Does anyone know the Detoit vs San Jose record for this year?  cuz i think we are gonna see that in the semifinals.  I wana see St. Louis pull an upset.. lol!   On the Eastern side.  I got teams like Carolina, Philly (YES I DO THINK THEY CAN DO IT), and Boston..  I would not be surprised at all if we see a Boston vs. San Jose final, just like the season dictated..

Im in a few but the last couple years we've done a 15 or so team draft, $50 bucks each, winner takes the pot, loser either shaves his head or buys a texas mickey for the next draft.  We should set up another  DubCC yahoo one

Chicago would be a decent sleeper pick, they're a strong 4th seed that noone seems to mention..  they've got potentially stellar goaltending, 5 or 6 top tier forwards and a reliable D core

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #776 on: April 11, 2009, 02:55:44 PM »
Hell Yeah... Canucks clinch the Northwest, watch out Columbus..  Bobby Lou is comin' for ya

Jaydc555

« Reply #777 on: April 11, 2009, 03:41:52 PM »
Canucks take Columbus in 4 or 5

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #778 on: April 11, 2009, 07:07:42 PM »

Im in a few but the last couple years we've done a 15 or so team draft, $50 bucks each, winner takes the pot, loser either shaves his head or buys a texas mickey for the next draft.  We should set up another  DubCC yahoo one

Chicago would be a decent sleeper pick, they're a strong 4th seed that noone seems to mention..  they've got potentially stellar goaltending, 5 or 6 top tier forwards and a reliable D core

Lol nice!  Yahoo doesn't do the playoffs, but go here and sign up: http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/hockey/playoffs/basic/home.html

Once you sign up and pick a teamname, click "Join existing league" and search by name for "p.r.", the league is called P.R. Fantasy Playoffs.  Join it.  You pick one full line, and can spend upto 30 mill on your players.  Scoring is based on stats.  You get the most for assists and goals, but you get "TSNP" (how you score points) for penalty minutes, shots on goal, etc.  Goalies get the most TSNP for wins, but also for saves, goals against, shutouts, etc.  You get 2 new trades each week and you can have the same player as someone else.

ANYWAYS, some notes on Montreal:

-George Laraque, he is a good big man, but why does he give up on the play so much...  I saw him take a shot, and immediately turn and slowly skate to the bench while the play was still going, his teammate has gotten the rebound at the boards and he is no longer an option for that player to pass to and continue the play...  And it wasn't cuz Laraque was tired..

-Alex Kovalev, this man decides how far the Canadiens are getting in the playoffs.  I have never seen a player been able to make such a stale playing team look like the best club in the NHL in the matter of 1 shift.  He had 1 shift in the third period where he just started an all out assault on Fleury, via him and his teammates..  And then on the powerplay later on, he makes a risky pass which leads to a goal, and then he takes a penalty at a crucial time...  I truly believe he sees the game above everyone else, and he expects his teammates to be on his level, which it's just not possible.

-Carey Price, they can't play him in the playoffs...  They have to go with Halak, Price has been so ridiculous..  Do you take the chance of hoping he'll dial in cuz its the Playoffs?? 

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #779 on: April 12, 2009, 01:30:22 AM »
Some more new shootout tricks: