Author Topic: The Official NHL Thread  (Read 71972 times)

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
Re: The official NHL Thread
« Reply #825 on: April 24, 2009, 03:01:03 PM »
The whole Sharks team had tailed off in the 2nd half of the season, so I did have a little bit of doubt. I think teams caught on to their style of play, where they just try to rush the net and get as many shots as possible. Against a good goalie and a smart team, most of these shots aren't high-quality shots. The big-name players obviously have to step it up and show some heart and fight. They have done a terrible job of passing the puck around and letting Thronton create, that's the only way they will come back. Ron Wilson is probably still laughing.
I got a bird's eye view

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
« Reply #826 on: April 24, 2009, 03:42:32 PM »
The whole Sharks team had tailed off in the 2nd half of the season, so I did have a little bit of doubt. I think teams caught on to their style of play, where they just try to rush the net and get as many shots as possible. Against a good goalie and a smart team, most of these shots aren't high-quality shots. The big-name players obviously have to step it up and show some heart and fight. They have done a terrible job of passing the puck around and letting Thronton create, that's the only way they will come back. Ron Wilson is probably still laughing.

haha, no kiddin..  who are they gonna blame now? The team had 117 points this season... their lack of success in the playoffs the last couple of years doesnt make any sense. They've got a new coach and a roster full of Canadian players (I'm just mentioning that because Europeans are usually criticized for disappearing in the playoffs, last year Lidstrom and the Wings were the first team with a Euro Captain to ever win a cup)..

whatever,  I'm just glad Van wont (likely) have to play them..   Go Ducks!

Quack! Quack! Quack! Quack! Quack!
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #827 on: April 24, 2009, 03:49:03 PM »
Their style works, just everyone has to buy into it and at full-throttle.  I remember Sharks coach saying that Thornton was too much of a perimeter player and when he got him to goto the net more and be in the dirty areas to take his shots he was much more effective.  You can see what he was talking about now...  As for Marleau, he is old, he's not a 1st liner.  It was a miracle the sharks got what they did out of him this year, and maybe that miracle has led us to perceive San Jose as a better team then they actually are..  Cheechoo has to stay healthy and top-form next year, he should be leading the 1st line by now.  Setoguchi the second...  Fill in around those players..

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #828 on: April 24, 2009, 04:04:42 PM »
I think the effort is a big component, and it's also the type of players they have for the system. They haven't done a good job of crashing the net, and a little of that is bad timed shots where nobody has a chance. Hiller has barely had any trouble with all these shots from the point and wings. Cheechoo hasn't been much of a factor this season, but he looks to be one of the few guys showing heart so far in this series. It's like he is the only player that didn't get the memo that the choke job was starting a round early this year.
I got a bird's eye view

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #829 on: April 24, 2009, 04:11:23 PM »
lol yeah... It's like they thought (and still think) they can cruise through the series and playoffs without trying hard because they dominated everyone during the season..

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
« Reply #830 on: April 25, 2009, 04:13:19 PM »
another one bites the dust..    nice 5 goal rally by the Penguins to knock out Philly
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #831 on: April 25, 2009, 04:18:49 PM »
fuck fuck fuck

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #832 on: April 25, 2009, 10:50:12 PM »
I cannot believe Flyers choked like that!!!!!!!!!!   Their D is fuckin huuuuuuuurting..  How did I ever think they could stand up in the playoffs..  Biron played well throughout the series imo..  Offense took awhile to realize they had to play a simple game if they wanted to beat Pens.  Props to Pittsburgh, they played great..

A bit of a better performance from Sharks tonight lol...  Still see them deading in this round though..

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #833 on: April 25, 2009, 11:08:37 PM »
So is it safe to predict

Boston Vs Ranger and Pistburgh Vs new Jersey??

I say Boston Vs Pitsburgh with Pitsburgh going to the cup....

Jaydc555

« Reply #834 on: April 25, 2009, 11:51:24 PM »
I'd say carolina still has a chance in the series

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #835 on: April 27, 2009, 11:01:37 PM »
Chi-Town vs. Van-City

Detroit vs. Anaheim

Story of the Cal/Chi series: Iginla was held invisible

Story of the Sharks/Ducks series: Roenick's possible last chance at the cup is gone :(

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #836 on: April 27, 2009, 11:20:32 PM »
Damn that Sharks series was depressing, another choke job ruins the season. I can't be upset with the effort tonight, they really tried to get after it and looked pretty worn down. Thornton was aggressive, tough, and he tried to do everything he could to get his team in it, the haters will still knock him for this but I don't blame him. Nabokov really struggled in the series, most of the goals were straight on and not deflected, and the 5-hole was a major weakness. I hope they don't tear the team apart (and I doubt they will), because I think they showed some flashes and had a little bad luck and a bad matchup. Jonas Hiller had his coming-out party, we will see if it continues.

What do you guys think about Caps-Rangers Game 7? I think Washington wins, they have the momentum, but I hope it goes to the wire.
I got a bird's eye view

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #837 on: April 28, 2009, 02:09:37 AM »
Yeah, the team is stong, they have what it takes, as shown by their regular season performance, they don't really need to make changes, although I suspect Marleau or Thornton will be moved as a scapegoat..  I can't explain their playoff troubles tho, lol..

Hiller was good, had a few really crucial saves throughout the series.  Still think Osgood will outshine him... 

I want the Rangers to win, I just like certain players on that team more then on Washington.  I don't really care for either team though... 

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #838 on: April 28, 2009, 02:36:39 AM »
god damn Sharks,  WTF!

DIP DIP SET SET

sav

« Reply #839 on: April 28, 2009, 01:32:51 PM »
Chi-Town vs. Van-City

Detroit vs. Anaheim