Author Topic: The Official NHL Thread  (Read 72032 times)

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Re: The official NHL Thread
« Reply #945 on: June 28, 2009, 01:59:32 PM »

The Philadelphia Flyers announced that they have acquired defenseman Chris Pronger and forward Ryan Dingle from the Anaheim Ducks in exchange for right wing Joffrey Lupul, defenseman Luca Sbisa, the team’s first-round pick (21st overall) in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, the team’s first round pick in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, and a conditional third-round draft pick, according to club General Manager Paul Holmgren.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #946 on: June 28, 2009, 07:05:45 PM »
Damn flyers will be even more nasty now

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #947 on: June 28, 2009, 11:06:49 PM »
Philly got this in '10.   People say Emery is a bad move but like it or not he is a decent goaltender and I think right now he's got something to prove and he's extra focused.

They're probably gonna have to let Knuble go to fit under the cap, but I think they're set for scoring without him.

Also if you didn't hear J-Bo's rights got traded to Calgary.  But he still has the option to wait until July and look at other teams..  Florida got Leopold and a third round pick in return.

Jaydc555

« Reply #948 on: June 28, 2009, 11:28:32 PM »
Emery is a good goaltender sure he has a bit of an attitude but he's mild compared to people in the NBA and NFL.I mean he took ottawa to the cup and what have they don't without him?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #949 on: June 28, 2009, 11:56:17 PM »
Emery is a good goaltender sure he has a bit of an attitude but he's mild compared to people in the NBA and NFL.I mean he took ottawa to the cup and what have they don't without him?

Exactly, people blackballed the shit outta him and his skills cuz of the way he was..  I saw the press conference for the signing and dude seems like he knows this is where he's supposed to be (NHL) and this is a second chance from God.  And heck if there's any team that can relate to his old style, it's the Flyers.   Emery gonna take that team and go all in on some royal rumble is to anyone who comes into their building.

Jaydc555

« Reply #950 on: June 29, 2009, 12:00:37 AM »
The reason the nhl will never be big in the us no matter how much american dick Gary bettman sucks is because they don't allow any players any freedom when it comes to interviews.They all have these boring pre programed responses and are not allowed to show any individual character.The world loves a big mouthed player.Its what makes the NFL the number one sport.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #951 on: June 29, 2009, 01:35:45 AM »
Exactly.  And no matter how much of a personality Don Cherry is, I hated to see him blast Ovechkin for celebrating goals?  When you do something you love and you get excited, shouldn't you be allowed to celebrate how you want?  As long as you're not directing chirping at the other team, and the opponents keep their ego in check, it shouldn't be frowned upon.

Everytime I see an interview, I'm waiting for one of them to just go "the other team slipped up, and we're the best team in the league, so rolled a tank on them".   Show some confidence and swagger, gosh..  NHL got the respect thing down, they just gotta learn to have a little fun! 

Jaydc555

« Reply #952 on: June 29, 2009, 01:59:36 AM »
Fuck I can't stand don cherry.Dude can't even hide how much he hates European players.Its funny how someone can take a guys head off with no penalty but Sean avery says sloppy seconds and get gets 6 games.The nhl to Me has the most exciting product to watch but its presentation is just ass.They don't have anyone to sell the game.

Lunatic

« Reply #953 on: June 30, 2009, 08:33:17 PM »
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/06/30/gomez_habs_trade/

MONTREAL -- Montreal Canadiens GM Bob Gainey got a jump on free agency.

He acquired forward Scott Gomez from the New York Rangers in exchange for Chris Higgins on Tuesday.

The deal also sees prospects Tom Pyatt and Mike Busto head to Montreal with Ryan McDonagh and Pavel Valentenko off to the Rangers in return.

Gainey will be using some of the salary cap room he's about to gain with several departing free agents -- Gomez is due to earn US$33.5-million over the remaining five years of his current deal.

The 29-year-old is coming off his least productive season since before the NHL lockout, having put up 58 points (16-42) in 77 games for the Rangers.

Higgins is set to become a restricted free agent on Wednesday.

He earned $1.9 million last season, when he had just 12 goals and 23 points -- the lowest output of his NHL career.

Wtf? horrible trade for the Canadiens :-\ not worth that contract.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Lunatic

« Reply #954 on: June 30, 2009, 08:36:50 PM »
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/06/30/heatley_oilers/

Sources tell Sportsnet that the Ottawa Senators have traded disgruntled all-star Dany Heatley to the Edmonton Oilers for Andrew Cogliano, Dustin Penner and Ladislav Smid.

The Senators would have needed to pay Heatley a $4 milllion bonus at 12:01 am ET on July 1.

Heatley signed a six year, $45 million contract in October 2007, fresh off his second consecutive 50-goal season and a trip to the Stanley Cup Finals. But since then, things have gone downhill for both Heatley and the club. The sniper has scored 38 goals last season, while the Senators missed the playoffs for the first time since 1996.

with files from Canadian Press

As an Oilers fan, YES! :o Getting rid of Penner's contract is a BLESSING..sucks to give up Cogliano and Smid but they are just potential who haven't proven themselves yet. Overall, u gotta give up something to get something! Welcome Heatley 8)

Lunatic

« Reply #955 on: June 30, 2009, 09:27:50 PM »

Heatley nixes deal to Oilers

Dany Heatley has turned down an agreed-upon deal that would have seen him become an Edmonton Oiler in exchange for Andrew Cogliano, Dustin Penner and Ladislav Smid.

The Senators now must pay Heatley a $4 million bonus that was due at 12:01 am ET on July 1.

Heatley signed a six year, $45 million contract in October 2007, fresh off his second consecutive 50-goal season and a trip to the Stanley Cup Finals. But since then, things have gone downhill for both Heatley and the club. The sniper has scored 38 goals last season, while the Senators missed the playoffs for the first time since 1996.

Wtf?  :'(

Lunatic

« Reply #956 on: June 30, 2009, 11:32:07 PM »
wtf? so now the Heatley deal isn't dead or done, just on hold -- this is turning into a soap opera :laugh:

An agreed-upon deal that would have seen disgruntled Ottawa Senator Dany Heatley become an Edmonton Oiler in exchange for Andrew Cogliano, Dustin Penner and Ladislav Smid is on hold.

There is some confusion surrounding a $4 million bonus that was to be paid to Heatley on July 1.

Heatley's agent J.P. Barry told Sportsnet.ca late Tuesday night that "it is our position that the [bonus] deadline is not until [Wednesday] night. We believe the [trade] decision does not have to come until that time", said Barry.

Speaking to Sportsnet, NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly agreed. "[Heatley] can be traded at any time. My view is obligation on signing bonus installment can be transferred any time up to midnight [Wednesday] night," said Daly.

As far as the trade to Edmonton goes, the deal is not totally dead according to Barry.

"Dany is going to sleep on it", said Barry. Heatley would not however commit to informing the teams ahead of Tuesday's 12 noon ET free agency period opening.

Also, Barry stated that Heatley did not say no to the Oilers deal, but he has not said yes either.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #957 on: July 01, 2009, 12:42:16 AM »
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/06/30/gomez_habs_trade/

MONTREAL -- Montreal Canadiens GM Bob Gainey got a jump on free agency.

He acquired forward Scott Gomez from the New York Rangers in exchange for Chris Higgins on Tuesday.

The deal also sees prospects Tom Pyatt and Mike Busto head to Montreal with Ryan McDonagh and Pavel Valentenko off to the Rangers in return.

Gainey will be using some of the salary cap room he's about to gain with several departing free agents -- Gomez is due to earn US$33.5-million over the remaining five years of his current deal.

The 29-year-old is coming off his least productive season since before the NHL lockout, having put up 58 points (16-42) in 77 games for the Rangers.

Higgins is set to become a restricted free agent on Wednesday.

He earned $1.9 million last season, when he had just 12 goals and 23 points -- the lowest output of his NHL career.

Wtf? horrible trade for the Canadiens :-\ not worth that contract.

shoot me please

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #958 on: July 01, 2009, 04:13:08 AM »
lol wow.  Heater if u want a diff team it's gonna have to be the Oilers..

I hope to God Gomez plays upto his contract, the fans will crucify him worse than the New Yorkers..

So now I get to see more Jay and more Dany...  Good for Northwest division.

Jaydc555

« Reply #959 on: July 01, 2009, 04:20:04 AM »
Oilers still need a goalie.rolpson is a free agent.Its going to be an interesting next few days.I wonder if the sedins are coming back to van.If they don't I could see van getting gaborik and hossa.