Author Topic: The Official NHL Thread  (Read 71981 times)

Lunatic

Re: The official NHL Thread
« Reply #975 on: July 01, 2009, 10:38:40 PM »
Habs conitnue to be busy. Sign Brian Gionta - 5 years, 5 million a year

does the nightmare end?
LMAO!
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #976 on: July 02, 2009, 04:44:36 AM »
Havlat on the Wild..  Not looking forward to seeing this Canuck killer more often..

Gionta/Gomez/Cammalleri will be the smallest line in the NHL, lol.

I can't believe the Sedins signed for that much.  Do they not feel ready for a cup?  Cuz they not sacrificing enough money-wise to let that come to fruition.

Jaydc555

« Reply #977 on: July 02, 2009, 04:53:01 AM »
I'm disappointed the canucks haven't done anything so far.They need a top 4 defensemen to replace ohlund and a top 6 forward.Lots of teams got better and the canucks so far have gotten worse

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #978 on: July 02, 2009, 05:14:18 AM »
I'm out of ideas...

Jaydc555

« Reply #979 on: July 02, 2009, 05:24:02 AM »
Well they still have cap room and theirs still plenty of good free agents out there.kovalev,tanguay,koivu,Lang,antropov etc.I know they expect big things from hodgson and grabner but I still think they need to do something.They should re sign wellwood I thought he worked out well on the team.I don't care if they let pyatt go

sav

« Reply #980 on: July 03, 2009, 10:07:14 AM »
Gionta/Gomez/Cammalleri will be the smallest line in the NHL, lol.

Still better than Koivu and Kovalev.  8)

Jaydc555

« Reply #981 on: July 03, 2009, 10:17:04 AM »
Canucks signed mikael Samuelsson from detroit.I like it he's a pure goal scorer and would fit nicely on a line with bernier and wellwood

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #982 on: July 04, 2009, 03:08:22 AM »
Canucks signed mikael Samuelsson from detroit.I like it he's a pure goal scorer and would fit nicely on a line with bernier and wellwood

Yeah, he's about a 50 pointer who does split G/A stats.. He will be good on the second line..  Whatever that turns out to be.  I think they should go after Lang asap.

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
« Reply #983 on: July 04, 2009, 09:22:52 PM »
Im pretty happy with the Sedins contracts...  especially considering Burke was IN Sweden prepared to offer them both 7 mil for longer.   I'd like to see Sundin come back.. at 3.5 Mil.  Luongo is supposedly getting resigned this week..    Kesler and Burrows are only going to get better.  Schneider will get traded for a blue-chip Defensive Prospect. Hodgson seems ready to make the jump...
Honestly I think the Canucks are lookin pretty damn good..  All we really need is another D-man that can put up 40 points and still keep it physical

On a side note...  why does every Swedish player in the world eventually play in Vancouver or Detroit?
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus

Jaydc555

« Reply #984 on: July 04, 2009, 09:30:24 PM »
I'm not sure how I feel about sundin because he was a sub par player last season and always looked a couple of steps behind.At the same time he might look better with a training camp and full season.If he does come back he has to come back from the start or not at all.And at no more then 3 mill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #985 on: July 05, 2009, 03:57:26 AM »
upto 3 mill for Sundin is a deal imo.  If I'm not mistaken, after he got warmed up he was doing a point per game, and came through in the Playoffs...  A step behind his former self or not, it's still hella better than alot of the players available in FA right now.

Schneider?  Gotta be traded if Luongo is resigning.   I believe in new beginnings and would say go after Heatley then try to transform him into a non-douche but we have no capspace.

I've also changed my stance on Wellwood, I've realized we worked on him as a project, and the project was a success, as to the type of player we wanted him to be.   I would say resign him for upto 1.7, but there's simply no roster space left for him, unless we make a trade for a D-man shipping a forward or 2  out.

I think our D is solid.  Even without Ohlund.  Edler is really smart, he knows what kind of D Van needs, he knows what kind of D is working in the NHL right now.  We're gonna see him go ahead of Bieksa in points this season and become recognizeable as a legit offensive D.  Sami staying healthy is a MUST though, he needs to work his muscles out alot, stretch, and work on being a little more agile/limber on the ice so he's not taking stiff bumps.

Steve Bernier...  He is gonna be the Kes/Bur of last year.  I'm calling it right now.  This guy has the heart and determination to become a true power forward, something that Pyatt never developed into..

We have 7.2 left to spend.. 

Need a 8th D.     Be it coming from the moose or our UFA/RFA players from this offseason we have the resources, and shouldn't cost more than a milly.  If we do need a better D-man like everyone seems to think, there's a couple out there left you could snag for 3-4m.

Sundin resigns.  3.

I like Hansen and Pyatt.  But we don't have the roster spots for them.

Need a back-up goaltender.

Sedin/Sedin/Samuelsson
Burrows/Kesler/Demitra
Raymond/Hodgson/Bernier
Hordichuck/Johnson/Rypien

[Sundin (starter) / Grabner (pressbox) ]

Mitchell/Bieksa
Salo/Edler
Rome/Nycholat

[Trade/FA D (would fit into starting line then) OR Any NHL-capable player in the Moose]

Luongo
Trade/FA Backup

sav

« Reply #986 on: July 06, 2009, 12:04:58 PM »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #987 on: July 06, 2009, 05:28:36 PM »
Luongo
Trade/FA Backup

Raycroft.   :-X

Just saw that, lol.  Also SoB resigned.  He and Rome will be the last D pair I guess..  Unless they wanna keep Juice and him together..  Then I guess Salo will get bumped down so he doesn't have to over-exert himself?  lol.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #988 on: July 06, 2009, 06:08:10 PM »

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Jaydc555

« Reply #989 on: July 06, 2009, 06:44:03 PM »
I don't mind the raycroft signing he's had success in the past and maybe luongo will be a positive for him.I'm assuming that's what's he's thinking.Go to van learn from the best goalie in the league and then go for a starting job next season with another team.I'm curious to see how the forwards situations finishes.You have to think both grabner and hodgson are looking for spots.Wellwood has gone to arbritration.I'd like to see him back as he played well and was one of the best players we had in the playoffs.But like you said it doesn't look to be any room for him.Same goes with pyatt and hansen.Maybe the sign Hansen to a two way contract to keep as depth player which I think might be likely unless he gets a garaunteed roster spot on another team.We need another d though because aaron Rome is not a replacement for ohlund.That's 20 minutes of ice time and both power play and penalty killing minutes.The big x factor is sundin.As each day goes by we have less and Less money and it looks as though theirs no room for him.