Author Topic: The Official NHL Thread  (Read 71969 times)

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The official NHL Thread
« Reply #990 on: July 06, 2009, 11:26:05 PM »
I just noticed my team has a lot of itlian players... Gionta, Camalleri, Pacioretty, Dagostini... 4 is not too commmon on one team in hockey.

Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiink bro

Jaydc555

« Reply #991 on: July 06, 2009, 11:28:18 PM »
I think Montreal got worse and I have a feeling price is going to be a bust

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #992 on: July 07, 2009, 03:11:14 AM »
I don't mind the raycroft signing he's had success in the past and maybe luongo will be a positive for him.I'm assuming that's what's he's thinking.Go to van learn from the best goalie in the league and then go for a starting job next season with another team.I'm curious to see how the forwards situations finishes.You have to think both grabner and hodgson are looking for spots.Wellwood has gone to arbritration.I'd like to see him back as he played well and was one of the best players we had in the playoffs.But like you said it doesn't look to be any room for him.Same goes with pyatt and hansen.Maybe the sign Hansen to a two way contract to keep as depth player which I think might be likely unless he gets a garaunteed roster spot on another team.We need another d though because aaron Rome is not a replacement for ohlund.That's 20 minutes of ice time and both power play and penalty killing minutes.The big x factor is sundin.As each day goes by we have less and Less money and it looks as though theirs no room for him.

I don't really care who the backup is, like he'll play! =D   But yeah, he's decent I guess, and he's cheap, so it's all good.  I don't know what will happen with Wellwood, your guess is as good as mine.  He was a beast in the playoffs tho.   Good idea for Hansen.  2-way contract then have him in the Moose.  I would rate him too expensive of a player to be in the AHL, but I guess no team in the NHL thinks that, lol.   Well we resigned SoB, and the more I think about it, I think it will be this.

These are the top 4: Mitchell Bieksa Salo Edler

There were times throughout the season when the older age of Ohlund was getting to him and I thought Edler was a better D than him.  I think he is a suitable replacement to Ohlund.  I think Alain wanted Juice to groom SoB into the type of player he is, so they could be a legit pair.   I'm not sure if he can handle those type of minutes though, so he might have to roll with Rome.  Put Juice and Willie back together, then have Edler right shotgun with Salo, since they play the same type of game.

Kovy signing means a trade is coming?   Check their capspace: http://nhlnumbers.com/overview.php?team=OTT&season=0910

Heatley, Fisher, Kelly?

Van got a bit over 5 mill left.  Sundin and another D?  I really want Lang for some reason, lol.  Either way, Nucks will have to make some trades if they plan to lock some more players up.  Hordichuck, Raymond, Bolduc, Demitra.  (Just suggestions)  http://nhlnumbers.com/overview.php?team=VAN&season=0910
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 03:17:00 AM by The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #993 on: July 07, 2009, 05:31:19 PM »
Looks like Sakic is gonna retire...

Here is Gillis talking about the current state of affairs.  Looks like they do wanna add another D.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=284010

sav

« Reply #994 on: July 08, 2009, 11:31:59 AM »
I think Montreal got worse

:o

Cammalleri - Gionta - Gomez   >>  Kovalev - Koivu

Looks like Sakic is gonna retire...

What an amazing carrer he has. Plus he stayed loyal to the his organization, we don't see this very often.  
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 11:34:47 AM by sav »

Jaydc555

« Reply #995 on: July 08, 2009, 11:36:21 AM »
Gomez is a second line player.Cammaleri played with iginla and his numbers were inflated because of that.gionta is over rated.Add in the fact all three of them are small players and they have to against Boston and Toronto who have punishing d men.And Montreal lost kovalev,tanguay,Lang,koivu and komisarek

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #996 on: July 08, 2009, 02:04:16 PM »
Koivu is headed to Anaheim.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

sav

« Reply #997 on: July 08, 2009, 02:49:00 PM »
Gomez is a second line player.

I think he can do much more than he did last year.

Cammaleri played with iginla and his numbers were inflated because of that.

I give him a chance, but maybe you are right.

And Montreal lost kovalev,tanguay,Lang,koivu and komisarek

Did you watch every game these players has played last year? Plus we add Spacek, he is much more offensive than Komi'.

Jaydc555

« Reply #998 on: July 08, 2009, 02:58:30 PM »
No I'm a canucks fan but I caught the occasional Montreal game but not too many.Montreals problem the last couple of years to Me was team toughness.They are all skill and no grit.And now their an even smaller team

Lunatic

« Reply #999 on: July 08, 2009, 03:18:48 PM »
^ya the fact that they got even smaller is not good
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
« Reply #1000 on: July 08, 2009, 03:51:12 PM »
did they force Koivu out?   I dont remember hearing about them giving him an offer?   Thats a terrible way to treat your Captain of 10 years and a guy whos played his whole career in Montreal

(Altho the Canucks didn't treat Naslund much better.. He didnt play his whole Career here, but he was Captain for long enough that he shouldv gotten a proper sendoff)
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #1001 on: July 08, 2009, 03:55:14 PM »
did they force Koivu out?   I dont remember hearing about them giving him an offer?   Thats a terrible way to treat your Captain of 10 years and a guy whos played his whole career in Montreal

(Altho the Canucks didn't treat Naslund much better.. He didnt play his whole Career here, but he was Captain for long enough that he shouldv gotten a proper sendoff)

from what I've read, they didn't make him an offer because they wanted to make changes in their forwards.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #1002 on: July 08, 2009, 04:02:22 PM »

from what I've read, they didn't make him an offer because they wanted to make changes in their forwards.

That's right.  They needed a revamp, like it or not.  And with 3.25 salary of Saku, they couldn't afford to keep himl.

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #1003 on: July 11, 2009, 07:12:58 AM »
happy that koivu is out...rotten apple! ppl is already bitching about the line up even if the season starts in october,i say wait and see and maybe after complain!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #1004 on: July 11, 2009, 02:39:22 PM »
Well, if you amp points up for inury time, these players all are gettin about 60-65 points last year.  Except for Killa Cam who got 80.   So it's an upgrade, if anything.  Also take in account the average age of the new first line is way lower than before, which is always a good thing.