Author Topic: The Official NHL Thread  (Read 72238 times)

Jaydc555

Re: The official NHL Thread
« Reply #1110 on: September 09, 2009, 06:38:45 PM »
When vancouvers d is healthy yes it is better.But how often was vans d healthy?Not much.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #1111 on: September 09, 2009, 10:14:50 PM »

=]

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1112 on: September 09, 2009, 11:01:53 PM »
^ Ok so he stopped Crosby twice, cool. Cam Neeley always beat Patrick Roy.

Look Bobby Lu is good
but untill he bring shis tem to a higher level which is what Roy and Brodeur have done on very ordinary teams then and only then will i consider him a great.
Fleury yes had a great team in front of him but you know what he did , he won a cup.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #1113 on: September 09, 2009, 11:52:38 PM »
^ Ok so he stopped Crosby twice, cool. Cam Neeley always beat Patrick Roy.

Look Bobby Lu is good
but untill he bring shis tem to a higher level which is what Roy and Brodeur have done on very ordinary teams then and only then will i consider him a great.
Fleury yes had a great team in front of him but you know what he did , he won a cup.

I'm saying

Stats wise, they are even
Athletic wise, I've seen more "amazing saves" from Luongo

Jaydc555

« Reply #1114 on: September 10, 2009, 12:00:42 AM »
Winning a cup doesnt make a goalie elite.Their have been tons of mediocre goalies that won the cup.Its not like fluery was the backbone of that team.Thats why last season a guy like ty conklin had what like a 17-2 record with the team.You could stick almost any goalie on that team and pittsburgh would have won the cup.Same with detroit.Stick osgood or fluery on mediocre teams and you will see their games get exposed.As far as pittsburgh defense who needs one when you have such an amazing offense?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #1115 on: September 11, 2009, 06:43:26 PM »

Theoren Fleury's comeback attempt will begin where his NHL career started over 20 years ago, Sportsnet has learned.

Fleury is going to attend the Calgary Flames training camp in hopes of landing a contract. If he shows well, the plan is to sign him to a minor league contract and have him work his way up to the big club, much like Claude Lemieux did in San Jose last season.

Fleury played 11 seasons in Calgary, beginning in 1988-89 when he scored 34 points in 36 games.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #1116 on: September 11, 2009, 06:47:04 PM »

General Manager Steve Tambellini announced today the Edmonton Oilers have agreed to terms with centre Mike Comrie on a one-year contract.

Comrie, originally drafted by Edmonton in the third round (91st overall) in the 1999 NHL Entry Draft, rejoins the Oilers after having played here from 2000-2003. The 28-year-old has also played for the Philadelphia Flyers, Phoenix Coyotes, New York Islanders and Ottawa Senators. Comrie has posted 154 goals and 184 assists for 338 points in 525 games in the NHL.

Last season, Comrie started the year with the Islanders before being dealt to the Senators with Chris Campoli for Dean McAmmond and a 1st round pick in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.

Comrie enjoyed one of his finest seasons with the Oilers when he scored a career-high 60 points in 2001-02.

1.125M

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1117 on: September 12, 2009, 09:16:02 AM »
Mike comrie lol

he was so hyped by Edmonton back in the daysm had this big dispute with them because he thought he was worth so much money lool

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1118 on: September 12, 2009, 11:49:21 AM »
Heatley just got traded to Sj.....

They will finish first in the league.... and choke in the first round against who ever finishes 8th.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #1119 on: September 12, 2009, 01:08:25 PM »

Disgruntled forward Dany Heatley has gotten his wish.

Heatley and a fifth round draft pick have been traded to the San Jose Sharks in exchange for Milan Michalek, Jonathan Cheechoo and a second round pick.

''I'm excited obviously, I'm excited to be a Shark,'' Heatley said. ''I want to thank everyone in Ottawa, the organization the fans, and the city. I had a great four years here (and) I'm happy to move on.''

Trade discussions heated up on Friday and Saturday morning before a deal was finally agreed to. A deal that sends Heatley to the team he secretly wanted all along. A team he believed was an option when he refused to waive his no-move clause to accept a trade to the Edmonton Oilers.

Saturday's trade ends a saga that began with a verbal trade request in mid-May. A request, sources say, led to several discussions between Heatley, Senators coach Cory Clouston, Senators GM Bryan Murray, as well as Heatley's agents, JP Barry and Stacey McAlpine.

Ottawa responded to Heatley's trade demand by asking the request be put in writing.

Two days after the Senators received written confirmation from Heatley, the story broke publicly and the veteran forward quickly became a target for disdain in the nation's capital.

''I don't think I did anything wrong asking for a trade,'' Heatley said. ''I have my reasons for it. If people think differently of me that's fine but I believe I did nothing wrong and I'm happy to move on.''

Heatley became unhappy with his role in Ottawa last season, especially after the Senators made a coaching change. He discussed his concerns about what he felt was the limiting of his ice time and his shift from the first power-play unit to the second unit with coach Clouston in the Senators' end-of-season meetings.

He also addressed the public ahead of the National Team Orientation Camp in late August.

"When I signed in Ottawa two years ago, I felt it was to be an integral part of the team," Heatley said. "Over the last two years and more recently over the past year, I feel my role was diminished. This past season, it diminished a lot more.

"This is a straight hockey decision. I have nothing against the fans of Ottawa, or the city of Ottawa. I would like the opportunity to go somewhere where I can play to the best of my capabilities and be the player that I can be."

Earlier this summer, Heatley used the no-movement clause in his contract to veto a move to the Oilers in exchange for Andrew Cogliano, Dustin Penner, and Ladislav Smid.

"It has nothing to do with Edmonton," Heatley said last month. "It has everything to do with the options. To this date there has only been one option, and I know that there are other teams out there. I don't feel I can make the right decision until there are a few options and I can make the right decision for my career."

The Senators have gone downhill since they appeared in the Stanley Cup Final in 2007.

In the 2007-08 season, the Senators had a hot start but struggled in the second half. They finished the season in seventh place in the Eastern Conference, but were swept by the Pittsburgh Penguins in the first round.

This past season, the Senators never really got it going and missed the playoffs. Heatley notched 39 goals and 33 assists in 82 games in the effort. The 72 points were his lowest point totals in his four seasons with the Senators.

The 28 year-old Heatly had back-to-back 50 goal seasons in 2005-06 and 2006-07.

Michalek, 24, is a five-year veteran of the NHL who spent his entire career with the Sharks, the team that drafted him in the first round (6th overall) in 2003. The native of Jindrichuv Hradec, Czech Republic, Michalek put up 23 goals and 34 assists with a plus- 11 rating in 77 games last season. In 317 career games in the NHL, Michalek has 91 goals, 123 assists and a plus- 49 rating.

Cheechoo, 29, is entering his seventh season in the NHL, playing his entire professional career to this point with the Sharks. A second round (29th overall) election by San Jose in 1998, Cheechoo had 12 goals and 17 assists with a minus- 3 rating last season. He reached a career high in 2005-06 when he put up 56 goals and 37 assists in the regular season, adding four goals and five assists in the Sharks' playoff run that season.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #1120 on: September 12, 2009, 01:09:14 PM »
I think that's a pretty even trade.  I expect Cheechoo to have a career year now.

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Kane Beatz Movement - The Building Records
« Reply #1121 on: September 12, 2009, 01:14:04 PM »

General Manager Steve Tambellini announced today the Edmonton Oilers have agreed to terms with centre Mike Comrie on a one-year contract.

Comrie, originally drafted by Edmonton in the third round (91st overall) in the 1999 NHL Entry Draft, rejoins the Oilers after having played here from 2000-2003. The 28-year-old has also played for the Philadelphia Flyers, Phoenix Coyotes, New York Islanders and Ottawa Senators. Comrie has posted 154 goals and 184 assists for 338 points in 525 games in the NHL.

Last season, Comrie started the year with the Islanders before being dealt to the Senators with Chris Campoli for Dean McAmmond and a 1st round pick in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.

Comrie enjoyed one of his finest seasons with the Oilers when he scored a career-high 60 points in 2001-02.

1.125M

This news made my week 8)

Jaydc555

« Reply #1122 on: September 12, 2009, 03:00:51 PM »
Interesting trade.I think all players benefitted from the deal.Cheechoo is capable of big points and I think he will get them in ottawa.Miilan is another solid player.Sharks will take first again but who knows about playoffs.Joe thorton is always a bust in post season it seems.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #1123 on: September 12, 2009, 04:02:16 PM »
Interesting trade.I think all players benefitted from the deal.Cheechoo is capable of big points and I think he will get them in ottawa.Miilan is another solid player.Sharks will take first again but who knows about playoffs.Joe thorton is always a bust in post season it seems.

Yeah.  Maybe Heatley will help motivate him this year.

Heatley Thornton Clowe

Big big line.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1124 on: September 12, 2009, 05:40:46 PM »
They will forever choke in the playoffs,watch what happens when they play Detroit, Chicago, Anaheim teams with leaders!

Getzlaf>>>>>>>>> Thornton.