Author Topic: The Official NHL Thread  (Read 71943 times)

ToOoOoN!!!

Re: The official NHL Thread
« Reply #1455 on: May 03, 2010, 04:24:14 PM »
did you watch the match or just check the statistic?

Jaydc

« Reply #1456 on: May 03, 2010, 04:26:42 PM »
I watched,and just like the washington series,they were badly outplayed and didnt deserve to win.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #1457 on: May 03, 2010, 07:46:28 PM »
did you watch the match or just check the statistic?

I second this inquiry... lol.

I HAVE NOT WATCHED ANY OF THE GAMES IN THAT SERIES, so I won't comment.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #1458 on: May 03, 2010, 08:43:59 PM »
Dang, that's the kinda game I Wanted to see from the Hawks and Nucks.  Exciting hockey, too bad about the score thought!

Jaydc

« Reply #1459 on: May 03, 2010, 09:34:05 PM »
Ugh,canucks played hard to get a lead then sat back on it.This is why I cant fucking stand alain vigneult.He needs to be fired.He teaches them to sit back and it costs them game after game.This is literally the exact reason the canucks lost the series last year to the hawks.They jus dump it in with no forecheck and change lines with no attempt to create offense and chicago was all over them.They should have won this game but alains shitty coaching style strikes yet again.Even if canucks won the cup this year Id still want him fired.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1460 on: May 03, 2010, 11:19:27 PM »
Dang, that's the kinda game I Wanted to see from the Hawks and Nucks.  Exciting hockey, too bad about the score thought!

so good

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
« Reply #1461 on: May 04, 2010, 11:19:43 AM »
Ugh,canucks played hard to get a lead then sat back on it.This is why I cant fucking stand alain vigneult.He needs to be fired.He teaches them to sit back and it costs them game after game.This is literally the exact reason the canucks lost the series last year to the hawks.They jus dump it in with no forecheck and change lines with no attempt to create offense and chicago was all over them.They should have won this game but alains shitty coaching style strikes yet again.Even if canucks won the cup this year Id still want him fired.

I dont agree with that, I couldnt find a link to back up the stat.. but the announcer last night said the Canucks have a 30-2 record when leading after 2 periods.

But Yeah.. shitty way to lose the game, we could have easily been up 4 or 5-0 halfway thru the first,  and then giving up a SH goal in the 3rd in unacceptable.  Sort of reminds me of last years series.. where we had a lead in Game 4.. to go up 3-1 in the series, and instead they lost and we never recovered.  Oh well......we got the split and now we're comin back to Van!
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus

Jaydc

« Reply #1462 on: May 04, 2010, 11:29:19 AM »
It happens alll the time during a game,not just a lead going into the third.It happens when they get a lead during the first,such as last night.It happens when they get a lead already into the third.They lost the series to the hawks last year exactly because of last night.Remember game one?They had a 3-0 lead and then let the hawks tie it 3-3 and got lucky and won.The next game they got the lead and sat back the hawks won.Same as game 4 they got a 1-0 and tried to milk it the entire game.

A normal coach would have called a time out at some point and calmed everyone down and got them attacking again,but he didnt,you know why?Because they were playing the exact game plan alain wanted.Its one thing when a team stops skating,its another when their dumping the puck in then going for a line change and attempting no forecheck,that right there is called a coachs strategy.And once again,alains poor coaching cost them the game.Vancouver is not a defensive team,they have a questionable blue line and they dont even have an actual checking line.Their fourth line consists of three smaller quick guys.This team isnt built to be defensive.He needs to be fired after this season.He coaches the canucks like their they have the talent of nashville.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #1463 on: May 04, 2010, 06:29:25 PM »
I thought they have done a good job keeping and acquiring a lead at the end of games this season.  Way better than last year, and double-time for the year before that.  Alain and his players are learning.  Alot of the players are gaining more experience, and learning how to bury games, that's what I've seen from them this year, especially the Sedins.

2 years ago Alain had to coach like he had the Preds because his roster hadn't exploded yet with the offensive output we are seeing now.  He has let the shackles off of them a bit once that happened, imo.

I thought this game was close, and could have went either way.  No short-handed goal, Bieksa's post goes in, etc.  Could have been 3-3, 3-2, but it was 2-3.

If there was one momentum shift where the Canucks started to get a bit rattled off their gameplan (which seemed to be working), it was the shorthanded goal.  And that's nothing you can really coach, just a mistake by Ehrhoff that happened to be a crucial one...

The Hawks came out very weak, after the 2 goals they shaped up.  I think it wasn't so much the Canucks sat back, but the Hawks came harder and tightened up, forcing the Nucks to become more subdued..  I doubt very much AV told them to sit on a 1 goal lead, blame the players if you thought they stopped playing at that point.

Jaydc

« Reply #1464 on: May 04, 2010, 06:33:04 PM »
Then how do you explain for the last two periods they just dumped in the puck and had no forecheck and would just switch lines?Those are coachs decisions and game plans.And why wasnt a timeout called to get the players to focus and start forechecking?Because thats what alain wanted,they were doing exactly what he wanted them to do.Even the announcers commented in the second how the canucks seemed to have just settled for having a one goal lead.The loss is on the shoulders of alain,nobody else.His coaching style is horrible.He doesnt know how to run an offensive team.

Jaydc

« Reply #1465 on: May 04, 2010, 06:34:50 PM »
For example,why is does he feel the need to put offensive players on checking lines where they have zero chance to flourish?Why does he bench an offensive player when tehy go two games without a goal but then he plays people like glass and hordichuk who on any other tream wouldnt even be on the roster.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #1466 on: May 04, 2010, 07:44:32 PM »
The NHL really doesn't want Detroit back in the mix. I've never in my life seen so many BS penalties called on a team right after another. It's not just the PP Goals that come from them but the momentum gets killed with each one.

Jaydc

« Reply #1467 on: May 04, 2010, 07:48:01 PM »
The Nhl officiating is seriously the worst its ever been in these playoffs.The calls are so random with no consistency.They dont call blatant penalties then call some shit that makes no sense.Ive never seen the officiating this bad before.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #1468 on: May 04, 2010, 08:05:28 PM »
For example,why is does he feel the need to put offensive players on checking lines where they have zero chance to flourish?Why does he bench an offensive player when tehy go two games without a goal but then he plays people like glass and hordichuk who on any other tream wouldnt even be on the roster.

Because sometimes you need the grit/character and checking of people like Hordichuk,Glass,Rypien in the line-up.  If a guy Demitra isn't creating good chances on the second or third line, what else can he contribute?  Nothing.  So why not put a guy in there who can at least get the crowd goin with some hits and punish the opposition with some physicality?

Jaydc

« Reply #1469 on: May 04, 2010, 08:35:50 PM »

Because sometimes you need the grit/character and checking of people like Hordichuk,Glass,Rypien in the line-up.  If a guy Demitra isn't creating good chances on the second or third line, what else can he contribute?  Nothing.  So why not put a guy in there who can at least get the crowd goin with some hits and punish the opposition with some physicality?

Your right he should do that,but instead he puts demitra on the fourth line.Same with grabner.Why is a guy like grabner on the fourth line in a playoff game?It makes zero sense.he did it last season with mason raymond.He would put raymond on the fourth line with ryan johnson and hordichuk.What good does that do?Raymond is a speed skill guy and your going to put him in a checking role with two bona fide fourth liners?Thats just bad coaching.Sameas people being all over wellwood for not contributing offensively,but he would be playing with glass and bolduc.Alain has no concept of line chemistry.