Author Topic: Sup with Nate Dogg these days ???  (Read 1141 times)

Sosna

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sup with Nate Dogg these days ???
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2007, 09:55:54 AM »
Damn, Nate should back wit his G-Funk!
This shit's dope, I remember those tracks from 90s, that's that shit!

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2007, 09:56:12 AM »
akon took over.

his voice just doesn't do it for me, i was just thinking last nigh "is this was this dude came over from south africa or whatever for...to sing about livin' a boss' life and strip clubs? he needed to mob from fuckin' africa to come here and do that shit? we already have plenty of homegrown dudes to do that shit." Is he a fuckin' refugee or something, something about his backstory that I am missing?

-T

But you gotta look though. Where did Akon make his mark? Not on the west coast. On the east coast. I used to always clown my friend from NY and say your artists need a west coast artist to make your hooks tighter and make some hits. Nate Dogg was ALL over east coast albums. Jada, Fab, Freeway, 50, the list goes on and on. So Akon was like a nice alternative for other rappers. And he is not from any coast here. Once he did Locked Up it was a wrap. And the industry follows the money trail. Everyone wants to work with the "it" artist and Akon is that right now.

that's cool that he makes money and all but so do republicans. I'm just saying his voice doesn't do it for me, and I don't get his story. Like he's a west or south african dude or whatever that mobbed out here to make music? to me it's just outta left field I guess.

also, your avi, that the original cover to dogg chit or is that one still gonna be used?
-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2007, 09:59:58 AM »
akon took over.

his voice just doesn't do it for me, i was just thinking last nigh "is this was this dude came over from south africa or whatever for...to sing about livin' a boss' life and strip clubs? he needed to mob from fuckin' africa to come here and do that shit? we already have plenty of homegrown dudes to do that shit." Is he a fuckin' refugee or something, something about his backstory that I am missing?

-T
^LOL that's what I think about Akon's voice, I can't really stand listening to him...Nate's always gonna have that #1 spot of hook-singing on lock... 8)

d-nice

« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2007, 10:05:17 AM »
akon took over.

-T

But you gotta look though. Where did Akon make his mark? Not on the west coast. On the east coast. I used to always clown my friend from NY and say your artists need a west coast artist to make your hooks tighter and make some hits. Nate Dogg was ALL over east coast albums. Jada, Fab, Freeway, 50, the list goes on and on. So Akon was like a nice alternative for other rappers. And he is not from any coast here. Once he did Locked Up it was a wrap. And the industry follows the money trail. Everyone wants to work with the "it" artist and Akon is that right now.

that's cool that he makes money and all but so do republicans. I'm just saying his voice doesn't do it for me, and I don't get his story. Like he's a west or south african dude or whatever that mobbed out here to make music? to me it's just outta left field I guess.

also, your avi, that the original cover to dogg chit or is that one still gonna be used?
-T

Yeah his voice is  :-\ My avi is the 1st Dogg Chit cover they scrapped. Someone wanted to rock the other one so I went with this one. Nate always will be the man on the west. The east just wanted they own hook man.  ;D Snoop works with him too, but again that is because he is the "it" artist right now. Wait until he wins some Grammys, then even more people will want to work with him.

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2007, 10:08:37 AM »
thats why hook men are so important these days.  nobody relys on actually rapping no more to sell records, its the hook and the beat.

it dont matter where akon is from, he makes hits. 

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

d-nice

« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2007, 10:13:09 AM »
thats why hook men are so important these days.  nobody relys on actually rapping no more to sell records, its the hook and the beat.

Sad but true.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2007, 10:23:24 AM »

Sad but true.

some rappers get it cracking through their actual rapping, mac dre for example, you can fuckin party to him accappella alone, he just so happens to have great production and hooks too.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram