Author Topic: Game re-releasing DA in a couple of months  (Read 1597 times)

MIAMI4LIFE

Game re-releasing DA in a couple of months
« on: February 07, 2007, 03:34:47 PM »
this will definitely get him to platinum, he was on MTV saying that he will rerelease it and that he might retire after his next album cause he doesn't like the state of hiphop and wants to spend more time with his son

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Re: Game re-releasing DA in a couple of months
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 03:38:55 PM »
Yeah an interview with his manager said the same thing recently.

and even though I like Game alot (actually gonna see him at the House of Blues tomorrow), I think he's gonna retire after his next album cause the state of hip hop is...he's not nearly as well loved by people as 5 million first go round make him think he was. I have to admit, if I went from 5 plat to barely one plat, I'd get my feelings hurt. Even though 1 plat is a dream come true for alot of people, say he got Plat easy he'd be down but he's struggling to go plat but at the same time it's only the second single deep into the record. Any artist that did 5 plat should get at least 3 singles. But yeah i think he's 'leavin the game' cause he ain't getting the love he wanted.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

teecee

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 03:49:59 PM »

and even though I like Game alot (actually gonna see him at the House of Blues tomorrow), I think he's gonna retire after his next album cause the state of hip hop is...he's not nearly as well loved by people as 5 million first go round make him think he was. I have to admit, if I went from 5 plat to barely one plat, I'd get my feelings hurt. Even though 1 plat is a dream come true for alot of people, say he got Plat easy he'd be down but he's struggling to go plat but at the same time it's only the second single deep into the record. Any artist that did 5 plat should get at least 3 singles. But yeah i think he's 'leavin the game' cause he ain't getting the love he wanted.

-T

Come on, you really think he will leave the game?  Does anyone ever really quit the rap game?  Nah, cuz they are all attention whores............this is just a gimmick for his next release, Jay did it, Master P did it, Too Short did it, etc etc. 

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 03:54:01 PM »

-T

I agree with what you're saying but that 5 plat was worldwide sales, he sold about 2.5 million in the US with his last album, plus sales are even down from what they were in 2005 when he released The Documentary, so it isn't as bad as people make it out to be

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 03:55:12 PM »
I agree that's why i put 'leavin' the game' in quotation marks, I'm saying the reason he's saying that is cause he's not as succesful in the Game as he thought he'd be. right when the album came out/just before he was like "yeah i'ma release an album a year till I'm 30 and then retire".

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 03:59:43 PM »
I don't think he'll "retire." How he is going to support his family? I know he's got money, but still... do you guys think he would just "quit?" I mean, look at Nas.  He knows Hip Hop isn't in good shape, but he keeps grinding.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 04:01:48 PM »
I don't think he'll "retire." How he is going to support his family? I know he's got money, but still... do you guys think he would just "quit?" I mean, look at Nas.  He knows Hip Hop isn't in good shape, but he keeps grinding.

Nas is that ninja.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 04:09:33 PM »
I kinda feel sorry for Game (no sarcazam). You can tell he put a LOT of effort on this projects and the numbers just didnt add up. Plus his situation is all fucked up when it comes to getting paid for selling cds. Dre, 50 and some other dude people are talking about are all getting that money.

But rappers are stupid like that. Same with the LOX/Puffy bullshit. They just dont read the contracts.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 04:12:24 PM »
I kinda feel sorry for Game (no sarcazam). You can tell he put a LOT of effort on this projects and the numbers just didnt add up. Plus his situation is all fucked up when it comes to getting paid for selling cds. Dre, 50 and some other dude people are talking about are all getting that money.

But rappers are stupid like that. Same with the LOX/Puffy bullshit. They just dont read the contracts.

I don't know if dude's not getting paid I think it's more like he's not reaching the success with this record's sales that he thought he would.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 04:15:04 PM »
Games album is top 5 of the year should be selling more....

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2007, 04:18:46 PM »
Games album is top 5 of the year should be selling more....

co-sign, best West Coast release of 2006

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2007, 04:20:56 PM »
this will definitely get him to platinum, he was on MTV saying that he will rerelease it and that he might retire after his next album cause he doesn't like the state of hiphop and wants to spend more time with his son
SOmeone's trying to follow the Jay-Z formula.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2007, 04:24:07 PM »
Game's shit should be selling better though it is banging and I hear people bump it all the time, I bet 1/10 of the people that bump it bought it.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

--Vance--

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You can't spell Dilate without L.A.
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2007, 04:29:12 PM »
Good to hear that he re-release the album, maybe we will hear finally the leftovers like hustler's dream, because the snippet sounded really good.

I just think the luck is not on game's side, he's always in trouble.
Hopefully he won't retire after his next one, he's a dope MC.

Dopeisjay

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2007, 04:30:22 PM »
I think game's just doin that just to get attention.. he's too young to Quiit.. and plus.. he alway's.. say's shit.. than wind's up being the other way around.. for example.. When he said that he Aquashed the Beef With 50.. than again.. dude starts dissin again.. and another one.. is when.. he was singing that one song dedicated to Dre... "Doctors Advocate" feat busta.. and than dude.. say's in an interview that he dosent care about Dre.. so honestly at times dude talks out of his ass.. i aint talkin shit.. just speakin tha truth..