Author Topic: Game re-releasing DA in a couple of months  (Read 1599 times)

d-nice

Re: Game re-releasing DA in a couple of months
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2007, 12:50:58 PM »
Man, Geffen and Game need to start promoting and pushing the album. They did not have a plan after the beef shit did not get them the sales they thought they should have. Just promote, drop singles and THEN drop a re release. You have not even worked the full potential of the album yet. He already got almost a 8% bump since Wouldn't Get Far came out. I would let that song do its thing a drop 1 more single before I would re release it again.

The 18th Letter

« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2007, 12:57:24 PM »
how can the game leave the game when he is the game?  ??? ???
the game cant leave the game unless the game leaves the game since he is the game he cant leave the game but the game can leave the game  ???

so you saying that the game cant leave the game but if the game leave the game the game isnt in the game but the game still is but the game isnt in the game?   ???
Exactly  :)
Cool 8)

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2007, 12:58:30 PM »
Man, Geffen and Game need to start promoting and pushing the album. They did not have a plan after the beef shit did not get them the sales they thought they should have. Just promote, drop singles and THEN drop a re release. You have not even worked the full potential of the album yet. He already got almost a 8% bump since Wouldn't Get Far came out. I would let that song do its thing a drop 1 more single before I would re release it again.

Wouldn't get far should've been the second single instead of Let's Ride, they released it too late, they already stopped playing Wouldn't Get Far here in NYC after bumping it for 2 months on Hot 97,  Game is at around 820k right now so he definitely will see plat but this album could've been a lot bigger

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2007, 02:59:13 AM »

Wouldn't get far should've been the second single instead of Let's Ride, they released it too late, they already stopped playing Wouldn't Get Far here in NYC after bumping it for 2 months on Hot 97,  Game is at around 820k right now so he definitely will see plat but this album could've been a lot bigger

A good friend of mine today told me he thought a video for 'around the world' with Jamie would move mad units. his argument made sense.

i think 'too much' is ridiculously catchy but everyone keeps tellin' me it's too gangsta to sell.
-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Regime*Rida

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2007, 05:45:19 AM »
Game is trash!!!
Just cause he sells whateva albums doesn't mean he's goood!! I luv West Coast Rap for me it's way better than other styles but it's gettin lost!! It needs to find it's roots again and it don't start wit "Game" he has nothing 2 say!!! Good beats and graeat production doesn't make U a good artist it means U have great people around U!!!
Game is boring as SHIT!!! Some1 mention Scarface! now that guy never "retired" it way just media shit!! If a lot of rappers took his direction there would be a lot more great albums out there!! X-Clan's new album is great not West Coast but a trum Hip Hip album!! Same as Nas! These guys are trying 2 fix the state of "HIP HOP" not the fairytail bullshit that out there now!!! All newbee's that Luv rap should go listen 2 the artists that started this shit & compare the MC skillz 2 that of 2days "NEW" & "HOT" artist and see what a true MC sounds like!! I ain't given no names cause if U don't know then U'll never Know!!!!

Hip Hop will live on!!!

Peace
She started letting me and my boys hit together
Me and Pac hit the slot now it's out in the open
Didn't take long, to make her get it on, came on strong
And Thugs Get Lonely Too was our slogan - "TECH N9NE"

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2007, 07:26:47 AM »
Game is trash!!!
Just cause he sells whateva albums doesn't mean he's goood!! I luv West Coast Rap for me it's way better than other styles but it's gettin lost!! It needs to find it's roots again and it don't start wit "Game" he has nothing 2 say!!! Good beats and graeat production doesn't make U a good artist it means U have great people around U!!!
Game is boring as SHIT!!! Some1 mention Scarface! now that guy never "retired" it way just media shit!! If a lot of rappers took his direction there would be a lot more great albums out there!! X-Clan's new album is great not West Coast but a trum Hip Hip album!! Same as Nas! These guys are trying 2 fix the state of "HIP HOP" not the fairytail bullshit that out there now!!! All newbee's that Luv rap should go listen 2 the artists that started this shit & compare the MC skillz 2 that of 2days "NEW" & "HOT" artist and see what a true MC sounds like!! I ain't given no names cause if U don't know then U'll never Know!!!!

Hip Hop will live on!!!

Peace

good post but one of the dudes you mentioned Nas said several times that he is a big fan of Game, I wasn't feeling Game at first but after listening to his guest spots recently I'm starting to change my mind about him, he had by far the best verse on Anybody Killa and was just as dope as Nas on Hustlers

d-nice

« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2007, 07:34:33 AM »
Bottom line, Game used 50's approach but it failed. He did not have a plan after all that beef. The One Blood remix was good, but they were so sure the hype surrounding Game was going to push this platinum. Hardly anyone promotes and pushes a album anymore. Cube is a good example of someone that has.

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2007, 09:17:41 AM »
Game's album isn't a failure. Let's keep in perspective that this album has only been out for 4 months. It is certified platinum by the RIAA and has sold a little less than 900,000 units in that time. I can easily see this album hitting 1.3 mill- 1.7 mil by the time everything is said and done. Considering the sales slump in rap music and g-unit, that isn't bad... The G-Unit sound isn't hot anymore, no offense, but Game should have never relased Let's Ride as a second single.. It sounds too much like a G-Unit song..

It's funny, because it seems like its the same posters in these 'game' debates. Everyone wants to credit him as former g-unit soldier but then they want to turn around and compare him to Justin, Jay-Z, etc etc. Then some of you get butt hurt when Game makes bold statements as if no other rapper makes bold statements. lol.. Sometimes i wonder if ya'll even listen to rap for over a year.

As for the retiring thing, the other guy said it.. Every rapper has played with thought of retiring. Including Tupac. So what, is 2pac a bitch too? Remember when he said he was no longer a 'thug' and thug life and rapping was over? He said that right before he released Me Against The World, All Eyes On Me, Makaveli The Don, which in my opinion, is some of his better work.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2007, 09:26:04 AM »
He did not have a plan after all that beef.

Like America to Iraq!

It's funny, because it seems like its the same posters in these 'game' debates. Everyone wants to credit him as former g-unit soldier but then they want to turn around and compare him to Justin, Jay-Z, etc etc. Then some of you get butt hurt when Game makes bold statements as if no other rapper makes bold statements. lol.. Sometimes i wonder if ya'll even listen to rap for over a year.

I don't get the justin/jay z comparisons. also, how is it certified platinum if it's not 1 mil sold yet?

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2007, 09:48:19 AM »
Game hit a pot hole and ate it after takin the "Dre training" wheels off.

no bullshiet.  Game is still too mature to make a whole fucken record by himslef...i support him in his music and shit, but i know because of his fucken ego, he puts limitations on his performance/ track makings.  he is not reaching his full potential.

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2007, 10:00:48 AM »

no bullshiet.  Game is still too mature to make a whole fucken record by himslef...i support him in his music and shit, but i know because of his fucken ego, he puts limitations on his performance/ track makings.  he is not reaching his full potential.

I feel quite the opposite, I don't think he has that much natural talent but he knows about practicing, studying and really buckling down to make a good record. he's not the most dextrous or skilled MC by a long shot but he knows how to put a good sounding record together(both albums are banging if not classics, that's with and without dre) and that's all I'm saying, cause yeah I agree there are other doper rappers especially from old school west coast shit.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

d-nice

« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2007, 10:08:09 AM »
He did not have a plan after all that beef.

Like America to Iraq!

I don't get the justin/jay z comparisons. also, how is it certified platinum if it's not 1 mil sold yet?

-T

RIAA goes by units shipped. He has probably shipped 1 million units by now.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2007, 10:25:19 AM »
then what's the 750,000 or whatever? Surely they can't keep track of how many actual units get sold. I thought 750,000 was the shipping number.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2007, 10:28:53 AM »

I feel quite the opposite, I don't think he has that much natural talent but he knows about practicing, studying and really buckling down to make a good record. he's not the most dextrous or skilled MC by a long shot but he knows how to put a good sounding record together(both albums are banging if not classics, that's with and without dre) and that's all I'm saying, cause yeah I agree there are other doper rappers especially from old school west coast shit.

-T

1.  Nither of Games albums are any where near to be considerd "classic."

2.  Dre and 50 had so much influence in his first record.  We are seeing know what is going on without thier help(hype).

3.  Game is on some Donald Trump ego trip for thinkin this album would sell better than his last.  he had nobody of higher respect to say do this do that.  he made his own decisions.  and do you think after ONE fucken record he is really mature enough to make a whole cd on his own?  and that one Fucken record was basically put together by Dre and 50.  thats like Tiger Woods trynna go pro after his first junior tounament.  you have to put in more work, and GET HELP from others before you try to carry the whole fucken load on your own.

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2007, 10:33:32 AM »

1.  Nither of Games albums are any where near to be considerd "classic."

I said "banging if not classics" as if to say 'even though they are not classics, they are banging' i wasn't saying they're classic. But for the record they do have one aspect that a classic requires: replay value. Both his records have alot of replay value.

-T

2.  Dre and 50 had so much influence in his first record.  We are seeing know what is going on without thier help(hype).

what do you mean? Him not going platinum yet? Cause as far as DA goes, most people agree it's at least as good as Doc.

-T

3.  Game is on some Donald Trump ego trip for thinkin this album would sell better than his last.  he had nobody of higher respect to say do this do that.  he made his own decisions.  and do you think after ONE fucken record he is really mature enough to make a whole cd on his own?  and that one Fucken record was basically put together by Dre and 50.  thats like Tiger Woods trynna go pro after his first junior tounament.  you have to put in more work, and GET HELP from others before you try to carry the whole fucken load on your own.

DA is banging, if you can make a banging record and hold it together yourself why not?

-T

westcoastavengers.com