Author Topic: "Or how me and Wcyclef set you up"  (Read 328 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
"Or how me and Wcyclef set you up"
« on: February 11, 2007, 08:01:37 AM »
So, I was listening to LL's G.O.A.T. today and the song "Back Where I Belong" with Ja came on. LL completley murdered the tracl and when he was dissign Canibus, he said "how me and Wyclef set you up".

What did those 2 do to Canibus ?

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: "Or how me and Wcyclef set you up"
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 08:32:42 AM »
who knows.. whatever it was, it was nothing street.

so maybe it was setting him up for failure or something.

gchild

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 08:54:08 AM »
In my opinion he was was just saying words to provoke Canibus, with there being no truth behind his lyrics.
E.g.
LL says he getting head from Canibus's new grl....
How LL knew Canibus's moms at the after-hours spot....
And how Wyclef gave LL half Canibus budget...... 
It just words to provoke Canibus, no truth behind them.

But before Canibus released t 2nd round knock out, there is this telephone conversation between LL & Canibus (its been leaked on the internet - mp3)
And what LL said to Canibus was to not respond to the 4321 diss, but to make a street track together.  And people like Trackmasters (Poke & Tone)were shit stirring the situation.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 10:35:36 AM »
hahaha i remmber this beef..meh seen better

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 12:10:16 PM »
In my opinion he was was just saying words to provoke Canibus, with there being no truth behind his lyrics.
E.g.
LL says he getting head from Canibus's new grl....
How LL knew Canibus's moms at the after-hours spot....
And how Wyclef gave LL half Canibus budget...... 
It just words to provoke Canibus, no truth behind them.

But before Canibus released t 2nd round knock out, there is this telephone conversation between LL & Canibus (its been leaked on the internet - mp3)
And what LL said to Canibus was to not respond to the 4321 diss, but to make a street track together.  And people like Trackmasters (Poke & Tone)were shit stirring the situation.

yeah thats on one of the beef dvd's.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 10:25:58 PM »
So, I was listening to LL's G.O.A.T. today and the song "Back Where I Belong" with Ja came on. LL completley murdered the tracl and when he was dissign Canibus, he said "how me and Wyclef set you up".

What did those 2 do to Canibus ?
After Cannibus album flopped, he basically said it was wyclef who fucked it up, i dont remeber if he produced most part of it or executive produced it, anyway he said everytime he wanted to make a dope song wyclef started playing hes fucking acoustic guitar lol!guess they wanted to take the album in different directions

Luke

• 'G'
  • Roll To Every Station Wreck The DJ
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 10:31:20 PM »
I love canibus...and I love wyclef...but i don't like the 2 of them together...the styles are far too different...the only way i could see it work was if wyclef was still on the carnival type shit...but he hasn't done that...since...well...the carnival

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 10:49:47 PM »
Canibus fucked both LL and Wyclef on Rip the Jacker, that track ripped LL, too bad only 5 people heard it, and I'm on of them/

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 11:16:07 PM »
yeah that rip the jacker was da shit.

Luke

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007, 01:03:40 AM »
LL's response was fuckin sick...it was called Can-I-Bus i think...it was only released on the few copies of its dark and hell is hot that came with the def jam survival of the illest sampler...what a sick fuckin song that was

gchild

• 'G'
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2007, 03:41:25 AM »
LL's response was fuckin sick...it was called Can-I-Bus i think...it was only released on the few copies of its dark and hell is hot that came with the def jam survival of the illest sampler...what a sick fuckin song that was

Yeh thats true, it was off the album  "Survival Of The Illest Vol.1" album  which initially came included with the DMX album.  The track was called "The ripper strikes back". I think thats how the beef with Canbus Vs Eminem started because Canibus accused of Eminem for ghostwriting the track.

In the Dubcnn vault (http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=35164.0) it says the Neptunes produced the track, is that true????

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2007, 04:05:46 AM »
Thanks for all the anwsers.

Spekaing of Em, I was bumping Can-I-Bitch few days ago. Diss is hilarious

Luke

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2007, 10:50:06 AM »
someone should hook up all the LL/Em/Canibus Diss tracks...that would be a fun thread...especially cuz i haven't heard the ripper strikes back in years

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2007, 04:20:03 PM »
Wyclef did a nice diss song towards LL too, it was called What's Clef and it even featured Naomi Campbell...

~Loyalty Is Everything~