Author Topic: Beyonce Turns Heads With Sports Illustrated Cover, Shakira Duet  (Read 281 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
For years, Beyoncé and Shakira have seen each other at awards shows and talked about the same thing: collaborating. And at Sunday's Grammy Awards, they finally had something new to discuss: their video shoot the next day.

"We always say how much we respect each other and we want to do a song together, and after a couple of years it finally happened," Beyoncé explained. "She's been on tour and it's been difficult, but we did it 'cause we're both fans of each other and respect each other's work."

Beyoncé and Shakira's collaboration is called "Beautiful Liar" and will be featured on Beyoncé B'Day - Deluxe Edition, a double-disc set due on April 3. The first CD also includes the original album plus two other previously unreleased songs, "If" and "Flaws & All"; the second disc will boast six Spanish-language tracks — including "Amor Gitano," a flamenco-pop duet with singer Alejandro Fernández that will also serve as the theme song for Telemundo's "Zorro: La Espada y La Rosa (The Sword and the Rose)" — and three additional mixes of "Beautiful Liar."

"I think it's so great because it's about a guy who's kind of playing both of us, and instead of us arguing over the guy we say, 'Forget him. Let's stick together. He's a beautiful liar,' " Beyoncé explained backstage at the Grammys, where B'Day won Best Contemporary R&B Albun. "I think it's a wonderful message for women."

Their video will be the seventh Beyoncé has shot in the last two weeks, as April 3 will also see the release of "Beyoncé B'Day Anthology Video Album" exclusively at Wal-Mart stores. Along with English and Spanish versions of "Beautiful Liar" and the previously released videos for "Deja Vu," "Ring the Alarm," "Irreplaceable" and "Listen," the DVD will feature videos for "Kitty Kat (intro)"/ "Upgrade U" featuring Jay-Z, "Green Light," "Suga Mama," "Get Me Bodied," "Freakum Dress" and a Spanish-language version of "Irreplaceable."

"It's been a crazy couple of weeks, but hopefully all of the fans will appreciate the visual interpretation of my songs," Beyoncé said.

Unlike similar efforts from the likes of 50 Cent and Death Cab for Cutie, Beyoncé appears in each of the full-fledged videos. "There's choreography, all of these different clothes-changes, wardrobe, hair, make-up," she said. "They're fancy."

Beyoncé was primping for a totally different kind of shoot just after Thanksgiving: her Sports Illustrated cover photo for the magazine's annual swimsuit issue. "It takes a lot of guts. I'm really a shy person," she told SI. "But in my everyday world, as a musical performer, I'm playing a character. I had to tap that same character."

The singer added that she kept friendly faces like her mom and Kelly Rowland on set, and didn't overdo it at Thanksgiving dinner. "I kept thinking: This extra piece of pie will show up," she told the magazine. "I always make sure I celebrate it up, but I was so terrified with every little thing I ate this year."

Being introduced by Prince at the Grammys before she sang "Listen" was far less intimidating — mostly because B didn't even know it was happening. "I didn't even find out until afterwards that he introduced me," Beyoncé said. "I always love performing ballads because I don't have to worry about production or staging or choreography or whatever. It was basically a mic and a light. I wanted it to be stripped-down and just about the song and performing, [showing] my vocal ability."

"Beautiful Liar" is likely to be Beyoncé's next single, although she's also looking at "Green Light" because "I just saw that video and it's amazing." 
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
Re: Beyonce Turns Heads With Sports Illustrated Cover, Shakira Duet
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 03:43:56 AM »
...Hmmmm...Beyoncé and Shakira in the same video? I wonder what the result would be...???...Video best be here soon :).
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 10:17:02 AM »
 ;D

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 01:51:50 PM »
 :drool:
Beyonce + Shakira (Best song ever, on MUTE)
I'll Bump that 24/7

Gurantee'd best video ever, Throw in J.Lo
& I'll Run outta Skin.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 02:32:17 PM »
:drool:
Beyonce + Shakira (Best song ever, on MUTE)
I'll Bump that 24/7

Gurantee'd best video ever, Throw in J.Lo
& I'll Run outta Skin.

lol

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 02:43:10 PM »
where the cover pic at?

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 05:45:15 PM by The-Leak aka Kingwell »

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 06:06:54 PM »
...time to check out...No shakira yet, but that's the swimsuit thingy...i saw pics for that, impressive :D. I wonder how Jay Z feels when he knows Beyoncé photo shoot pics get out and at least 50 niggaz a minute are bashin bishop to that lol.
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"