Author Topic: SOUTH>>>>>WESTCOAST  (Read 728 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Re: SOUTH>>>>>WESTCOAST
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2007, 02:01:45 PM »
i knew this thread would end up like this.

because we see all these weak niggaz on MTV from the south and all over the radio doesnt mean that the South is weak.  theres Scareface, UGK, Slim Thug, Chamillionare, etc,..they all have great talent.  However, because we get hit with all these nursery rhyme bubble gum shit, we get brain washed into thinking everybody from the South is garbage, which is not true.

im westcoast everyday all day.  but i will not say "fuck the south" because of some weak faggots gettin airplay.  the people who you should be saying "fuck you" to is Corporate America(not just whites), such as MTV and the radio.

i see everybody's points, if everybody just combined there oppinions, the mutual response would be this^ 

8)

truth

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

SGV

« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2007, 02:06:19 PM »
Dudes act like the major West Coast artists are the dopest emcees ever. Snoop? LMAO. Cube was dope, but hasn't been in years. E-40 is my favorite rapper, but he's not the next Rakim. Lets be real...

D-Reborn

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Death is certain, life is not
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2007, 02:08:07 PM »
Rap A Lot and 2 Live Crew were established. Luke was already beefing with Snoop and Dre, Deathrow had Bushwick on The Chronic... Cmon dude, you gotta be kidding me. 15 years ago, the South had their foot in the door, 2 years later they kicked it open (Outkast, Master P, Mystikal, Ball & G). So again, don't go there cuz you really don't know. If you want to pull the "not as big as card" then the West hasn't been as big as the South in over 11 years. So that means in the past 11 years the South has been shitting on the West. A decade... and the West has yet to be bigger than the South. Sad aint it?
::)

dude just take the L and move the fuck on

sgv is ethering all y'all  :laugh:
lil fag only one etherin all of us is lamont, cause he sees all the perspectives and learn from them, now you bitch ass muthafucka get the fuck outta here

8) 8) 8)

Lunatic

« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2007, 02:10:11 PM »
no way was the south there with the west 15 years ago or so. if the south was there with the west 15 years ago, then were here now with them. people have to remember something. a big single doesn't mean SHIT ALL, if you don't sell any records. D4L flopped, DFB didn't do to well, Jibbs did shit all.<<--all these rappers/grops had big hits, but they didn't do much (i say "much" because i think DFB did ok #s).
Young Dro is another example. And i'm NOT being biased (T.I. & grand hustle is my fav. movement). Dro had a big hit, but he didn't even go gold. T.I., Luda, Jeezy, Joc were the big players (#s wise) for the south in 06. the west had a few gold plaques in 06', and many of those will be platinum soon (snoop & game). So it's fair to say the west is there with the south now, if you even think of saying the south was with the west 15 years ago or so.

NOW: South>>>>>> West (NOT my personal opinion, i prefer the west, i'm talking sense of popularity)
15 YRS AGO West >>>>>> South

06'--T.I., Luda, Jeezy, Joc, Wayne & Birdman
06'--Cube, Snoop, E-40, Game

south is *WAY* ahead of the west?^^ ::)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 02:14:21 PM by Lunatic 63 »
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

SGV

« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2007, 02:17:48 PM »
I don't think anyone said the West and South were even 15 years ago, the South was just taking off. But 92 was the kick off for the West with the Chronic. It wasn't like the West slaughtered the South in 92.

And in all reality, sure the West might have some sales, but nobody is talking about them. They spoke on Hyphy for a little, but that went away. Outside of that, Game was the only one with real pub in 06. Snoop had his name out there thanks to his arrests. 

But in the South, T.I., D4L, Wayne, Mike Jones, Chamillionaire, Paul Wall, Bun B, Young Jeezy, Pitbull, Rick Ross etc ALL had big years. So, in no way shape or form, is the West seeing the South.

Lunatic

« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2007, 02:24:10 PM »
I don't think anyone said the West and South were even 15 years ago, the South was just taking off. But 92 was the kick off for the West with the Chronic. It wasn't like the West slaughtered the South in 92.

And in all reality, sure the West might have some sales, but nobody is talking about them. They spoke on Hyphy for a little, but that went away. Outside of that, Game was the only one with real pub in 06. Snoop had his name out there thanks to his arrests. 

But in the South, T.I., D4L, Wayne, Mike Jones, Chamillionaire, Paul Wall, Bun B, Young Jeezy, Pitbull, Rick Ross etc ALL had big years. So, in no way shape or form, is the West seeing the South.

i already mentioned D4L. Take your big single, and do shit all with it. Mike Jones' last album was in early 05, so until his 2nd lp does as well as his 1st, the jury is still out on him. cham's record was also out in 05, so same story (although most of his shine came in 06)^^. (but i'm sure his 2nd lp will do fine, that single is commercial as hell). Pitbull always flops. Bun B if i remember correctly also flopped (MAYBE he went gold). Ross did decent #s (along with wayne & birdman...but neither was certified plat.).

d-nice

« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2007, 02:27:41 PM »
We can urgue about this until Detox comes out. Everyone has their favorite artists, coasts, eras, whatever. Music goes in trends. It is the South's turn right now. It will change to something else in a few years. I can remember when the west was on top, people was making fun of chucks and west coast slang and lowriders. The south they was making fun of the accent. Now if you don't have one you won't get signed on a major so I am happy to see artists from all over getting that paper. Get It while you can and it's hot.

Lunatic

« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2007, 02:30:38 PM »
We can urgue about this until Detox comes out. Everyone has their favorite artists, coasts, eras, whatever. Music goes in trends. It is the South's turn right now. It will change to something else in a few years. I can remember when the west was on top, people was making fun of chucks and west coast slang and lowriders. The south they was making fun of the accent. Now if you don't have one you won't get signed on a major so I am happy to see artists from all over getting that paper. Get It while you can and it's hot.

I agree. my fav. rappers go from T.I. to Knoc-turn'al, from 8Ball & MJG to Xzibit. i got love for every1 gettin there rap paper man. can you blame sum1 like yung joc? all he doin is shit that he knows will make him paper. I'm just pointing out that alot of these southern rappers that get credit for the reason they're on top, actually had there records flop.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2007, 02:30:51 PM »
BESIDES THE GAME & SNOOP FACE IT THE WESTCOAST OVER
that HYPHY SHIT IS DEAD.......IT LASTED WHAT 3 WEEKS?

T.I. - PLATINUM
YOUNG JEEZY - PLATINUM
BIRDMAN & LIL WAYNE - PLATINUM
LUDACRIS - PLATINUM
YOUNG DRO - GOLD

& DONT SAY E-40 BECUZ HE HAD 2 GO 2 LIL JON 2 GET BACC IN THE GAME

Your a fucking idiot.

d-nice

« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2007, 02:35:41 PM »

i already mentioned D4L. Take your big single, and do shit all with it. Mike Jones' last album was in early 05, so until his 2nd lp does as well as his 1st, the jury is still out on him. cham's record was also out in 05, so same story (although most of his shine came in 06)^^. (but i'm sure his 2nd lp will do fine, that single is commercial as hell). Pitbull always flops. Bun B if i remember correctly also flopped (MAYBE he went gold). Ross did decent #s (along with wayne & birdman...but neither was certified plat.).

Bun B went gold. Hell there are southern rappers that don't like D4L. The funny part was them getting offended on a interview because people were saying D4L ain't hip hop. They ain't.

SGV

« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2007, 02:37:28 PM »
Cham went Plat and that was thanks to Ridin which hit hard in 06. Bun went Gold, that's real good for him, especially not getting the hugest push in the world from Rap A Lot. Weezy went Plat. Ross gold. Paul Wall hit Plat thanks to Girl which hit in 06 as well. I mean, we can go on. The albums may have came out in 05 (late 05) but didn't hit until 06.

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2007, 03:16:40 PM »
i knew this thread would end up like this.

because we see all these weak niggaz on MTV from the south and all over the radio doesnt mean that the South is weak.  theres Scareface, UGK, Slim Thug, Chamillionare, etc,..they all have great talent.  However, because we get hit with all these nursery rhyme bubble gum shit, we get brain washed into thinking everybody from the South is garbage, which is not true.

im westcoast everyday all day.  but i will not say "fuck the south" because of some weak faggots gettin airplay.  the people who you should be saying "fuck you" to is Corporate America(not just whites), such as MTV and the radio.

i see everybody's points, if everybody just combined there oppinions, the mutual response would be this^ 

8)

truth

-T

Rap A Lot and 2 Live Crew were established. Luke was already beefing with Snoop and Dre, Deathrow had Bushwick on The Chronic... Cmon dude, you gotta be kidding me. 15 years ago, the South had their foot in the door, 2 years later they kicked it open (Outkast, Master P, Mystikal, Ball & G). So again, don't go there cuz you really don't know. If you want to pull the "not as big as card" then the West hasn't been as big as the South in over 11 years. So that means in the past 11 years the South has been shitting on the West. A decade... and the West has yet to be bigger than the South. Sad aint it?
::)

dude just take the L and move the fuck on

sgv is ethering all y'all  :laugh:
lil fag only one etherin all of us is lamont, cause he sees all the perspectives and learn from them, now you bitch ass muthafucka get the fuck outta here

8) 8) 8)

8)

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2007, 03:06:28 PM »
just cuz u sell more dont make u better

DOGGSHIT

• 'G'
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2007, 03:44:09 PM »
IT'S STILL WESTCOAST ALLDAY EVERYDAY!!!!

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2007, 03:53:17 PM »

all we see is these weak niggaz on MTV from the south & all over the radio doesnt mean that the South is weak. theres Scarface & UGK. They have great talent.  However,because we get hit with all these nursery rhyme bubble gum shit,we get brain washed into thinking everybody from the South is garbage,which is not true.

im westcoast everyday all day,but i will not say "fuck the south" because of some weak faggots gettin airplay.  THE PEOPLE WHO YOU SHOULD BE SAYING "FUCK YOU" TO IS CORPORATE AMERICA(not just whites),SUCH AS MTV AND THE RADIO.

i see everybody's points,if everybody just combined there opinions,the mutual response would be this^ 

Right on Lamont,I thought I lost you for a minute (clowning the south in a another thread). I know that we are on the same page,you know...
TURN OFF THE RADIO!
SUPPORT REAL HIP HOP!
FUCK SALES,SKILLS PAY THE BILLS!

oh yea man, you know "skills pay the bills" is right!   8)

in what thread did i clown the south?   ???

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!