Author Topic: The Messengers  (Read 185 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

The Messengers
« on: February 05, 2007, 12:18:08 PM »
Another movie I went into expecting very little, but ended up enjoying. For some reason, horror has consistently been surprising me like this in the past couple years...The movie is rated PG-13, but provides just as many scares as most R rated horrors, probably even more. Pretty intense as well, and it builds up so that everything comes together in the end.

I recommend "The Messengers" to any fan of the horror genre...PeACe

swangin and bangin

Re: The Messengers
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 03:37:50 PM »

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 03:52:24 PM »
I know I'm just speculating, but I think it looks gay though.  I guess I'm used to Rated-R type horror movies.  The messenger..eh...not sure if the story is any good. :P
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 04:18:36 PM »
I know I'm just speculating, but I think it looks gay though.  I guess I'm used to Rated-R type horror movies.  The messenger..eh...not sure if the story is any good. :P

Trust me, the only reason it isn't rated R is because it's not filled with blood or gore. It's not one of those cheap ass PG-13 movies, the horror is implied and it's more of a quality thriller filled with suspense. The production was nice, the special effects were good, the acting was on point...This movie was pretty good overall. Horror was supposed to come back with a bang, the buzz about horror's return was crazy in 2002-2003-2004...But the genre has been coming out with a lot of surprisingly good sleepers as of late. It hasn't taken off though (which looked promising)...I prefer movies like this over bullshit ass movies like "The Grudge" or "Boogeyman" any day. Come to think of it, movies like those are probably what's been keeping people from watching the much lower promoted movies like "The Messengers" or "The Hitcher"...Anyways, no point in judging the movie if you don't know the story/plot. I guess pre-judging shit comes natural, and I'm even guilty of doing it with this movie, but believe that it's not as bad as you'd think...PeACe

Sparegeez

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 08:29:09 PM »
That Jew drawing really made me bust out laughing LOL. But yeah I think Imma check it out. My girl has been wanting to watch this movie for the longest time so I'm guessing we're gonna go watch it this Friday.

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 12:54:41 PM »
Went to see this on Saturday, good movie, shit tripped me the fuck out at certain parts.
provides just as many scares as most R rated horrors, probably even more. Pretty intense as well, and it builds up so that everything comes together in the end.

Sparegeez

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 10:23:50 AM »
This movie sucks. Wasted my time watching it.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 12:16:21 PM »
thanks for the info ill be sure to peep it