Author Topic: GAY Z FIND A GIRL IN MICHAEL JACKSON!  (Read 97 times)

C_R_O_N_I_C_I

GAY Z FIND A GIRL IN MICHAEL JACKSON!
« on: October 18, 2001, 07:17:48 AM »
LOS ANGELES — Jay-Z and Michael Jackson won't stop 'til they get enough (remixes).

Since Jigga rhymed on a hip-hop version of the Gloved One's single "You Rock My World," Jackson plans to return the favor by singing the hook on a "Girls, Girls, Girls" remix.

"My mom likes it because she gets to see how successful her son is. 'You're working with Michael Jackson, you must be all right; you must be pretty good,' " Jay-Z said while lounging in a Beverly Hills hotel suite Saturday. He had just returned from working on the track at a nearby studio.

The "Girls, Girls, Girls" remix, produced by Kanye West, will be released around Christmas, Jay said.

The Jay-Z/Jackson alliance became public when the rapper brought M.J. onstage during a Long Island, New York, festival concert last summer (see "Jay-Z's Special Guest A Thriller For Summer Jam Crowd"). "Izzo (H.O.V.A.)," the first single from Jay-Z's recent The Blueprint, samples the Jackson 5's "I Want You Back."

Jay said he and Jackson haven't discussed shooting videos together but said he's open to the possibility. "I'm working on my dance moves, so we'll see. No, I'm joking — no dancing. I have rhythm, but I'm cool to leave that to Mike."

The Roc-A-Fella clique was in Los Angeles to wrap up Jay's Blueprint Lounge tour Saturday at the House of Blues. The rapper opened every show on the trek with a freestyle about the September 11 attacks; one of his live raps appears on DJ Clue's mix album, Stadium Series Pt. 3.

Jay said he didn't take any extra security precautions on the tour in response to the attacks. "Faith has to be in the right place," he said. "I'm not gonna walk around every day in fear. It's just not me. It's just not cool.

"We're trying to show strength," he continued. "We're trying to show that we as Americans have to keep moving on and not harp on this. We really got to be strong. We have to keep on moving 'cause if we don't, it's not America, you know what I mean?"

Jay plans to donate money from the sale of Roc-A-Wear shirts and $1 from each ticket sold to relief efforts.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Trauma-san

Re: GAY Z FIND A GIRL IN MICHAEL JACKSON!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2001, 08:56:44 AM »
Man, I Don't Know What The Fuck Your Title Meant, But How Come It's O.K. For Slick Rick To Sing The Hook, But Not O.K. For Mike, A SINGER , To Sing It?

teecee

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2001, 09:38:04 AM »
What Trauma said....

TheSheriff

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2001, 11:53:15 AM »
Precisely, word, to the two above me...Cronici, youse a major hater.