Author Topic: Sticky: DUBCC's Sports Hall of Fame  (Read 3813 times)

"THE" MoSav

Re: Sticky: DUBCC'S Sports Hall of Fame
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2007, 08:35:57 PM »
Dude, Chick Hearn and Vin Scully are considered in a whole nother league...Maybe that's the bias opinion of some Frisco fans, but in the broadcasting world, they're simply not considered on the same level...

What about Jack Buck? Do you think a fan in the midwest is gonna say Scully is better then Buck was? If so youre crazy.

The Best of 3 Worlds

rik

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2007, 10:05:14 PM »
Dude, Chick Hearn and Vin Scully are considered in a whole nother league...Maybe that's the bias opinion of some Frisco fans, but in the broadcasting world, they're simply not considered on the same level...

Yeah man, I haven't heard any other broadcasters call games like Chick and Vin. That's real spit.

exactly YOU havent. Lon Simmons to me is the greatest. I didnt grow up listenting to LA Radio so how can i say there the best? This isnt like MJ is the best basketball player and shit liek that, its an opnion. Just like Jon Miller is the other greatest to me

Dog I've heard other announcers, plenty of them. None of them called games like Chick or Vin. Read the whole post. "I haven't heard any other broadcasters CALL games like Chick and Vin"

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2007, 11:19:38 PM »

Yeah man, I haven't heard any other broadcasters call games like Chick and Vin. That's real spit.

exactly YOU havent. Lon Simmons to me is the greatest. I didnt grow up listenting to LA Radio so how can i say there the best? This isnt like MJ is the best basketball player and shit liek that, its an opnion. Just like Jon Miller is the other greatest to me

Dog I've heard other announcers, plenty of them. None of them called games like Chick or Vin. Read the whole post. "I haven't heard any other broadcasters CALL games like Chick and Vin"

i respect that. But IMO id rather hear Jon Miller or Lon Simmons. We all have our opinions.

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2007, 12:39:42 AM »
^^It's not about who you'd rather hear, it's about who was greater...It's like saying Clyde Drexler was greater than Michael Jordan because you liked him better...It doesn't work that way.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2007, 10:49:42 AM »
^^It's not about who you'd rather hear, it's about who was greater...It's like saying Clyde Drexler was greater than Michael Jordan because you liked him better...It doesn't work that way.

ITS ANNOUNCERS! its local, how can i say Chick is the best when i havent heard him? Announcers are local, its different to me.

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2007, 10:57:30 AM »

ITS ANNOUNCERS! its local, how can i say Chick is the best when i havent heard him? Announcers are local, its different to me.

You haven't heard Chick? I feel really bad for you, man...That's truly a shame. He wasn't just the voice of the Lakers, but the voice of basketball and even the voice of broadcasting for some time...

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2007, 11:01:43 AM »

You haven't heard Chick? I feel really bad for you, man...That's truly a shame. He wasn't just the voice of the Lakers, but the voice of basketball and even the voice of broadcasting for some time...

of course i have, he was great. I was just saying most of the time he was local at least for our generation, and theres probably alot of people on this board even who aunt heard him thats all..just trying to have a legit discussuion.

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2007, 11:13:17 AM »

of course i have, he was great. I was just saying most of the time he was local at least for our generation, and theres probably alot of people on this board even who aunt heard him thats all..just trying to have a legit discussuion.

I doubt there are people who know sports and haven't heard Chick Hearn...

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2007, 06:11:00 PM »

I doubt there are people who know sports and haven't heard Chick Hearn...

Im just saying nowadays like a 15 yr old kid, he could def know sports well. But say he lives in New York he might never get the chance to hear Chick , because theres no way he can get laker broadcasts out in New York, you understand what im saying?

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2007, 06:57:26 PM »
^^Chick wasn't only heard on Laker broadcasts. He has one of the most recognizable voices in sports history...

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2007, 02:08:12 PM »
^^Chick wasn't only heard on Laker broadcasts. He has one of the most recognizable voices in sports history...

im saying for the youngstas. When does Chick do national broadcasts?

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2007, 02:10:42 PM »

Chick is dead, homie...

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2007, 02:14:16 PM »

Chick is dead, homie...

exactly...
There are plenty of people that probably never got to hear him. Im not sure tho, did he do national broadcasts at all in the last ten years?

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2007, 02:18:55 PM »

Chick is dead, homie...

exactly...
There are plenty of people that probably never got to hear him. Im not sure tho, did he do national broadcasts at all in the last ten years?

Yes...He did national broadcasts and was the primary voice of sports broadcasting in Hollywood flicks...I can't imagine anyone not hearing at least a few of Chick's legendary lines...

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2007, 02:20:06 PM »

Chick is dead, homie...

exactly...

Yes...He did national broadcasts and was the primary voice of sports broadcasting in Hollywood flicks...I can't imagine anyone not hearing at least a few of Chick's legendary lines...

real spit. Im sure there is tho. But He was great either way you slice it.

The Best of 3 Worlds