Author Topic: Sticky: DUBCC's Sports Hall of Fame  (Read 3812 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Sticky: DUBCC'S Sports Hall of Fame
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2008, 12:32:51 AM »
And he was also easily the better player. Replace Russell with Wilt on that Celtic team, and they woulda' won just as much, if not more. By the time Wilt was on the Lakers, he was way out of his prime, but he still took the Celtics to 7 games and won a championship in 72, when he finally got a real supporting cast. Either way, Kareem>Wilt>Russell. That's the way it'll always be.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2008, 10:47:37 AM »
And he was also easily the better player. Replace Russell with Wilt on that Celtic team, and they woulda' won just as much, if not more. By the time Wilt was on the Lakers, he was way out of his prime, but he still took the Celtics to 7 games and won a championship in 72, when he finally got a real supporting cast. Either way, Kareem>Wilt>Russell. That's the way it'll always be.

didn't Bob Cousy say if the Celtics had Wilt they would've won maybe 2 or 3 rings?

and wilt > kareem too.  russell > both ofcourse.  russell could sit there at night and stare at two fists full of rings.

chamberlain sat there next to some std infested prostitute lol.

kareem will sit there in his funny looking blue featehr suit that he wore as a guest on the Fresh Prince of Bel Air show
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 10:49:12 AM by Hack Wilson »
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2008, 12:55:14 PM »

didn't Bob Cousy say if the Celtics had Wilt they would've won maybe 2 or 3 rings?

and wilt > kareem too.  russell > both ofcourse.  russell could sit there at night and stare at two fists full of rings.

kareem will sit there in his funny looking blue featehr suit that he wore as a guest on the Fresh Prince of Bel Air show

I somehow doubt you're basing your opinion off each players individual skill. Kareem would shit all over Russell. No question. Ask these guys:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-GreatestCenters

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2008, 09:25:02 PM »

I somehow doubt you're basing your opinion off each players individual skill. Kareem would shit all over Russell. No question. Ask these guys:

dwight howard recieve a vote despite being the league for a total of 2 years LOL  what a convincing list

btw Russell had more MVPs than Wilt despite all the fancy stats, and the 11 rings
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2008, 02:51:55 PM »

dwight howard recieve a vote despite being the league for a total of 2 years LOL  what a convincing list

btw Russell had more MVPs than Wilt despite all the fancy stats, and the 11 rings

Dwight got ONE 10th place vote...not like there was much competition at the 10 spot to begin with.

But anyways, it's obvious, my dude. Wilt, at one point, led the league in assists! He was the far superior individual talent, and Kareem was even better than him, so go figure.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2008, 02:56:05 PM »

Dwight got ONE 10th place vote...not like there was much competition at the 10 spot to begin with.

But anyways, it's obvious, my dude. Wilt, at one point, led the league in assists! He was the far superior individual talent, and Kareem was even better than him, so go figure.

stats stats stats

blah blah blah

Russell's got 11 rings and 5 MVPs.  that's the only stats that matter.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2008, 03:19:31 PM »
Yea? And Kareem has 6 MVPs. ;)

Also, Robert Horry has 7 rings...I guess he's better than Wilt, too.

Kareem>Wilt>Russell

end of.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #97 on: January 21, 2008, 01:11:29 PM »
Yea? And Kareem has 6 MVPs. ;)

Also, Robert Horry has 7 rings...I guess he's better than Wilt, too.

Kareem>Wilt>Russell

end of.

did robert horry beat wilt head to head 6 straight times to earn those rings?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2008, 01:36:45 AM »
^Like I said, put Wilt on the Celtics and Russ on Phili, and you got the same shit...maybe EVEN MORE rings for the Celts.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2008, 08:26:48 AM »
^Like I said, put Wilt on the Celtics and Russ on Phili, and you got the same shit...maybe EVEN MORE rings for the Celts.

bob cousy says the C's wouldve had 2 or 3 rings with Wilt

Wilt was a dumb giant oaf, Russell was a genius ;)

Russell made Wilt look like Kwame  8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2008, 12:48:19 PM »

bob cousy says the C's wouldve had 2 or 3 rings with Wilt

Wilt was a dumb giant oaf, Russell was a genius ;)

Russell made Wilt look like Kwame  8)

Yea...Wilt was dumb enough to lead the league in assists as a center...Cousy is just saying that cuz he had Russell's dick in his mouth...Sorta like you.

Lets compare the numbers-

Wilt (15 seasons):
30.1 PPG (54% FG)
22.9 RPG
4.4 APG

Russell (13 seasons):
15.1 PPG (44% FG)
22.5 RPG
APG: 4.3

So what exactly was Russell better at? LOL. Wilt was twice as good a scorer...and while scoring twice as much, he still managed to get more assists with worse players. Replace Russell with a David Robinson, and you'd still have those rings, buddy. The Celtics were just built to win...Cousy was a Goddamn MVP, for fucks sake. The claims you're making are absurd. Russell wasn't the only player on the Celtics when they won those rings, so keep that in mind when you're using it as your primary argument...PeACe

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #101 on: January 22, 2008, 07:46:05 PM »
wilt never lead the league in assists until his coaches told him to do so

he had to become a pawn in someones system

not the centerpeice a la Russell or Duncan or Big Diesel

he did score 100 in a game

and he is much better at his position and more dominant than Kobe ;)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 07:48:27 PM by Hack Wilson »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #102 on: January 22, 2008, 08:19:49 PM »

Kobe>Wilt>Russell>Anyone on the current Celtic roster

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #103 on: January 22, 2008, 08:33:56 PM »

Kobe>Wilt>Russell>Anyone on the current Celtic roster

kobe over wilt and russell AND kg?

which one of the 4 has zero MVPs again?

granted KG hasn't gotten any rings.  but Barkley didnt need rings.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #104 on: January 22, 2008, 08:36:03 PM »
^LMAO...so when it works towards your argument it's, "KG doesn't need rings"...but when it's time to back Russell it's, "look at the rings!". :-X

DONE